Unity LOK: Rebirth [v0.1.8.0 Test] [The Tribe Devs]

1.60 star(s) 24 Votes

DoorFive

Dec 3, 2019
It's not a fox, it's a horrible Greek cat with a disproportionate tail.
So Zeus if he used anal beads?
Did he use anal beads?
He did use anal beads.

Or, I dunno. A Roman with a turd hanging out his buttox?

Suppose that famous Greek painter guy, uh, whatshisname, used cheap paints and made a cat but the tail dislocated because of a syntax error caused in the code in the wall? Suppose the cat tried to find the mouse in the wall but the cheap paints caused it recession so it went away but came back 10-20 years later.

Yeah, I know. This was a stupid post. I got bored.
Sorry.

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
I mean "Greek" because of the "Greek profile", that is, the character is only seen in profile (see Asterix in the Olympic Games). :p

main-qimg-f0d5f00a3f5394ea315dce3f6c91879e-lq.jpg

The previous game, the profile was less... profile

Last edited:
Reactions: Latetoparty

napala

Jun 12, 2017
Seeing the latest kemono import...

WOW.

I remember when Eromancer was on a particulary long period of focusing on stupid crap that could be better described as "LOOK AT MAH FLUIDZ".

I can't believe this description can be this accurate again, this time on this game's dev.

Reactions: D4n0w4r

Steve Biko

Jan 17, 2018
People really put in at least 200k according to them, probably more and they shutdown the Trello board they are making 0 progress lmao. They didnt finish a single level or part of the story.

DoorFive

Dec 3, 2019
People really put in at least 200k according to them, probably more and they shutdown the Trello board they are making 0 progress lmao. They didnt finish a single level or part of the story.
Shame about the Trello thing. They kept having troubles with it not updating whenever they did something. That is probably why they got rid of it.

D4n0w4r

May 21, 2020
That's odd. I keep a trello for my projects as well and I've never had an issue with it.

TitleA_A

Apr 27, 2020
Looking back at what started this.

The original LoK was put together by someone who thought:
"It would be nice to see Krystal getting destroyed and glazed by lizardmen."
"Maybe if I draw some shapes and play around with them, I could whip something together in Flash"
"Hmm.. Playshapes. That'll do"
Published.
Then vanished off the face of the Earth, because "I made the thing I wanted that no one was doing" is often the best approach to fulfil a niche.

Walking from left to right sex sim with titular blue fox lady, managed to birth a forum that produced 1% LoK games, 99% "Wouldn't it be cool if?" missed the point flash garbage.
The LOK Forums features nearly no LOK games. Imagine!

LoK version G is viewed as a good successor, albeit a glorified day & night sim with some animated sex loops (with no climaxes) and abit of story.

DirtyC managed to capture the left to right, defeat or be defeated sexventure.
Added costumes & gear.
A small story premise, alongside a gallery to wrap it up.

Corta's SplatFormer had a character creator to compliment the framework of sex animations already implemented.
Even unfinished, it is filled to the brim with necessary content.

There's a slew of scattered old flash animations that feature variants of the PlayShapes Krystal model, performing in every position under the sun, to a good climax.
Not missing the point of what LOK was.

Perveloper's Captivity is a solid "Playing with shapes" survival game.
It just doesn't feature Krystal.
But the "single dev plays with shapes; achieves greatness" theme is there.
Picturing Krystal fighting hordes of aggressors that reward you with cool animations in defeat, makes me wonder what the conceptual goal of combat in LOK Rebirth will be.

I am constantly blown away that anyone willing to put "LOK" in the title of their game, isn't focused on the original concept first and foremost:
> Proceed along line.
> Fight enemy; acquire sex.
> Satisfying climax.
> Gallery.

Winning, simple formula.
Writing and outdated bloat mechanics were never a focus, in a concept that utilised light ryona, defeat & domination elements.
I am surprised "Walk right; do sex" wasn't the focus for the first six months, so a decent gallery could sit there to garner praise and attention, inspiring updates for the future whilst keeping players/supporters occupied.

LOK really isn't that deep.
Blue fox. Suck dick. Big cumshot.
Where is?
I doubt anyone would complain if LOK rebirth was a legitimate remake of the original flash game, only prettier and smoother.

Theovonpapen

Sep 2, 2020
You know, it's gonna be an interesting race between this game and Rimethevixen's Ichikoro reboot as which artist can finish their game first. Maybe Kuja gets diverted once again or produce a rather underwhelming update, maybe Rime pops a seventh ongoing game production and 18 more mangas while juggling EFP and Ichikoro. Who knows?
Update on Rime: He's soft rebooting a game's he's worked on for 3 years from a doom-esque style to 2d sonic style.

D4n0w4r

May 21, 2020
Might grab the next update to see if anything of substance was actually added. I'm morbidly curious now.

Reactions: Latetoparty

Latetoparty

Feb 25, 2021
Might grab the next update to see if anything of substance was actually added. I'm morbidly curious now.
A hero emerges

Tbh though, reading through the animations added, it really sounds like they've only just added "updated" versions of what was already in 0.8. I could be wrong but the ones they describe, the pot, cerir etc, we've all seen them before.

Still, I guess it's something :unsure:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Theovonpapen
1.60 star(s) 24 Votes