RPGM Loki's Corruption [v2.6.1] [Atarian]

4.10 star(s) 13 Votes

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
it's not

it's just because this forum have some rules on how much time can pass between each update before it's declared "abandoned"
6 months I think
which is pretty stupid because some devs don't work with regular update, some devs prefer working on big update and give one per year or one very 6 month..
I think it's 3 months ? I've seen another thread get the Abandonned tag after just a bit over 3 months of radio silence from the dev, if memory serves (though I don't remember which one).

Reactions: Nayko93

Xill

Jan 10, 2018
Well the thread here has the 2.0 version of the game. On Patreon the latest one is 2.2. So the dev is definitelly working on it.

Reactions: dav121

Atarian

Game Developer
Feb 14, 2018
TFgamessite is also a 6 month until a game moves into abandoned category.
It's not abandoned tho, but I am behind in development due to IRL coming in the way.

Don't know when I'm done with the update, there's alot of new functions made for the engine.
Most note worthy is perhaps the new animation system for enemies, which will animate them during combat.
The first iterations will have rather simple animations tho. I could rework all battlers but there's about 130 of them and it is alot of work to animate just one.

Kyaratheevil

Sep 10, 2017
It's not abandoned tho, but I am behind in development due to IRL coming in the way.

Don't know when I'm done with the update, there's alot of new functions made for the engine.
Most note worthy is perhaps the new animation system for enemies, which will animate them during combat.
The first iterations will have rather simple animations tho. I could rework all battlers but there's about 130 of them and it is alot of work to animate just one.
i would love to see the enemies move during battles since it makes it more interesting to watch while dealing with them

Reactions: Atarian

Atarian

Game Developer
Feb 14, 2018
i would love to see the enemies move during battles since it makes it more interesting to watch while dealing with them

This is early version, current version supports animation displacement which randomize enemy animation start frame.
That in itself makes each enemy move independently in it pre-programmed pattern. I can add additional patterns as behaviours tho. And current version supports that and freezing frames. It is not only a set of frames that are animated but also screen movement. This is demonstrated in this old video by moving the ball bouncer to a new location of the screen. Yeah it is complexed :cool:

Reactions: dav121 and Xill

dav121

Oct 13, 2016

I've reported this in the hope the mods will remove the abandoned tag.
Hopefully they will see some sense

Varik8876

Sep 17, 2019
I've reported this in the hope the mods will remove the abandoned tag.
Hopefully they will see some sense
They may well not remove the abandoned tag until there is an actual new update, but you can never tell.

DrakeTLD

May 23, 2017

Nice. Was hoping it was just the timing stuff. Still looking forward to the next update. Also hope the IRL stuff works itself out.

Reactions: dav121 and Atarian

leSagi

Jul 6, 2018
The development ist not abandoned. Only a moderator didn't read the posts and declared it abandoned. Atarian is still actively working on the game. We all can follow his work on this game on his discord server.

dav121

Oct 13, 2016
The development ist not abandoned. Only a moderator didn't read the posts and declared it abandoned. Atarian is still actively working on the game. We all can follow his work on this game on his discord server.
That's why I reported his post in the hope that they actually moderate

F1forhalp

SOTD: Living Colour - Cult Of Personality
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
They may well not remove the abandoned tag until there is an actual new update, but you can never tell.
by rules something gets tagged when a few conditions are met, for "abandoned" one is 'no update', one is 'nothing from devs', both within a set timeframe. if the dev himself says something in a tread, it -should- get rid of the tag.
a slow progress is to my knowledge not a condition to be "abandoned", no matter how slow, as long as there is any news within a set time.

Reactions: Coomer341

leSagi

Jul 6, 2018
by rules something gets tagged when a few conditions are met, for "abandoned" one is 'no update', one is 'nothing from devs', both within a set timeframe. if the dev himself says something in a tread, it -should- get rid of the tag.
a slow progress is to my knowledge not a condition to be "abandoned", no matter how slow, as long as there is any news within a set time.

This is early version, current version supports animation displacement which randomize enemy animation start frame.
That in itself makes each enemy move independently in it pre-programmed pattern. I can add additional patterns as behaviours tho. And current version supports that and freezing frames. It is not only a set of frames that are animated but also screen movement. This is demonstrated in this old video by moving the ball bouncer to a new location of the screen. Yeah it is complexed :cool:
It was on last friday.

Reactions: Coomer341

JaszMan

Aug 13, 2018
He's still working on this game. I doubt, he will develop another game, until this one was finished.
He posted a new graphic in work 2 days ago.
He is still working on Loki's Corruption!!. I wish I knew any paranormal demon games similar toLoki's Corruption and Alone Amongst Demons,the story is so neat. And I am a Christian,it is extremely creative I am hooked.

4.10 star(s) 13 Votes