ZedTed

Sep 24, 2017
Yeah I just thought it odd it gave oral/vaginal/anal/hand point.

And at 5 scoutcraft normal is 3 time per step in town vs 7 in survival.
But on another file Lona has 6 Scoutcraft and uses 10 time per town square movement on survival.
Does carry weight factor in?
Hmmm, strange. In all my save files I only spend 3 time per step in town, even in new games. Either there something wrong with your save file or my game, although I re-downloaded the game to test it. Maybe you have a debuff on that save file that reduces your speed like cumflation?

ZedTed

Sep 24, 2017
- The passing of time suffers from a similar issue. I don't understand why sleeping at the Inn doesn't take me straight to the next morning. Bypassing the nighttime, when outside more dangerous, is usually the point of staying at an inn. Almost every time, it's still night time after resting. If I do leave town in the morning, it's already dark by the time I get to the nearest forest. Time doesn't pass that quickly. The average person can go about 20-25 miles before sundown.
The biggest issue is that sleeping in game does NOT reset the count-down (count-up?) timer for the day/night cycle. So if you sleep at night with 99 on the timer then move 1 tile in the morning, it's night again.

- I am not too fond the encounters within the city, but I understand why they're there. I don't know why we care about the guard patrols though.
The guards are in case you have low morality (murdering people, stealing stuff, etc) as they become hostile and try to capture you in such a case. But yeah, it gets annoying after a while but not as bad as the bandit encounters.

- I think the trading mechanics of the game are over engineered. I get that it's supposed to represent haggling, but still.
The trading mechanic is great in my opinion, it's something new and original. It forces you to think about what you want to trade and not to just sell everything at one merchant and buy somewhere else as you lose more 'money' from the inefficiency of buying and selling coins. Also stops you from exploiting the game by selling food to hobos (high price) then getting big $$$ to buy your equipment.

Although it is really annoying that it disappears upon 1 day/night cycle as it becomes difficult to use after working as a dancer in the inn.

Reactions: SirGrayIX

emforhs123

Jan 28, 2018
Tbh I have been challenging this game for a week. What happened, in the end, was me being depressed because I couldn't find a way to progress the main game tho. Can anyone lend me a hand for providing a decent walkthrough for this game?

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Tbh I have been challenging this game for a week. What happened, in the end, was me being depressed because I couldn't find a way to progress the main game tho. Can anyone lend me a hand for providing a decent walkthrough for this game?
Gathering/self sufficient strat is:

In the sewers grab the spear in the bottom left chest, grab the sword in front of the goblin bottom right. Kill rats for the quest. Pick up some tiny rats in the sewers, don't eat any of your food. Try to stay in there a while collecting meat from giant rats and picking up the little rats until you get low on hunger, then exit the sewers.

Head to the tavern and complete the quest for monies. Now head one space right, one space down of the tavern and enter the town square. Head over to the wizard and sell items as needed until you can buy the wisdom glasses from the wizard (Equip them). Next head right to the armor/weapon seller and sell food until you can buy the sickle (equip this or put it on your quickslot bar, it reduces gathering cost to 1 from 3). You may need to sell the sword or various things if you didn't collect enough food in the sewer before leaving, that's why it's important not to eat too much food.

This sets you up to be able to immediately collect herbs in the nearby forest with a massive wis boost (Head east outside the city until you cross the bridge, then go south to the forest. I think that's the closest/safest forest). The herbs sell for a lot and can also be turned in for a quest/exp. Also a way to stock up on tons of food and all your sales will be worth more thanks to the glasses. Meat restores more food and sells for less than fruit, so eat that first. You probably won't be able to directly fight boars but you can lead an aggressive one to another boar and it'll kill it.

This is pretty much how I start all my runs now after dozens of playthroughs, lol. This works for any builds, even magician where you can't really fight or do quests reliably on your own until 15. The hefty herb/food stock is really helpful early on. In your first run out there, you should have enough gold from selling excess herbs/food to get whatever gear you want when you return to town and you won't be scrounging for food for a while.

If you want to go the afk route, you can also hire the whip guy in the tavern for soup and go watch him beat up zombies with the graveyard quest, but I find it a lot less interesting. Especially if you don't go a pure melee build, you'll waste too much stamina and it's better if you just lead the whip dude around to kill everything. If you try to fight yourself and buy food in town, you'll make no profit due to the food/stamina cost. Even just walking back and forth between the tavern and the graveyard hurts now with the time/food cost to exit buildings. I do use this sometimes as a magician, but I gather my own food.

There are also apparently ways to make the innkeeper kill patrons for money, but I'm not too fond of killing npcs randomly.

Last edited:

emforhs123

Jan 28, 2018
Kinda cheese strat is:

In the sewers grab the spear in the bottom left chest, grab the sword in front of the goblin bottom right. Kill rats for the quest. Pick up some tiny rats in the sewers, don't eat any of your food. Try to stay in there a while collecting meat from giant rats and picking up the little rats until you get low on hunger, then exit the sewers.

Head to the tavern and complete the quest for monies. Now head one space right, one space down of the tavern and enter the town square. Head over to the wizard and sell items as needed until you can buy the wisdom glasses from the wizard (Equip them). Next head right to the armor/weapon seller and sell food until you can buy the sickle. You may need to sell the sword or various things if you didn't collect enough food in the sewer before leaving, that's why it's important not to eat too much food.

This sets you up to be able to immediately collect herbs in the nearby forest with a massive wis boost (Head east outside the city until you cross the bridge, then go south to the forest. I think that's the closest/safest forest). The herbs sell for a lot and can also be turned in for a quest/exp. Also a way to stock up on tons of food and all your sales will be worth more thanks to the glasses. Meat restores more food and sells for less than fruit, so eat that first. You probably won't be able to directly fight boars but you can lead an aggressive one to another boar and it'll kill it.

This is pretty much how I start all my runs now after dozens of playthroughs, lol.

If you want to go the afk route, you can also hire the whip guy in the tavern for soup and go watch him beat up zombies with the graveyard quest, but I find it a lot less interesting. Especially if you don't go a pure melee build, you'll waste too much stamina and it's better if you just lead the whip dude around to kill everything.
Lol, I didn't even know that I had to go to the east forest I kept going to the forest that has to pass Goblin cave in the North. Wasn't even able to clear Herb quest. I really appreciate your smart strat. Also what I find very challenging is the completing quest (on the board on Tavern) since I don't know where I need to get the materials that are asked from Quest progressing and (even if I did collect materials needed) where to submit those materials. If you're one of the people who saw the ending of the game, any tips for that?

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Lol, I didn't even know that I had to go to the east forest I kept going to the forest that has to pass Goblin cave in the North. Wasn't even able to clear Herb quest. I really appreciate your smart strat. Also what I find very challenging is the completing quest (on the board on Tavern) since I don't know where I need to get the materials that are asked from Quest progressing and (even if I did collect materials needed) where to submit those materials. If you're one of the people who saw the ending of the game, any tips for that?
Herb turn in is a few spaces NE of the tavern at the creepy doctor kid's house. It's only open during the day. The herbs for the quest are what you get from following my strat above.

Since you can only turn the quest in during the day, and exiting the tavern and the doctors house now eats your stamina/passes time tremendously, the herb turn in quest is almost entirely useless now. It's better to just sell the herbs to a merchant really. Running back and forth between them to turn in multiple herb quests was iffy before, now it's pointless.

Last edited:

ZedTed

Sep 24, 2017
Guide keywords: Walkthrough, need help with quest, how to do quest, confused on what to do, earn money, stuck, what to do, main quest, side quest, too difficult, too hard, impossible, cheats, modify, cheat codes, easier, explanation, a guide written by yours truly

A (Unofficial) Guide To LonaRPG

To be continued soon, give it less than week (Nov 11 as of writing this)

If anyone has better methods/guides or any quests/jobs I missed please tell me and tag me in the comment (like this: "ZedTed") or reply to one of my comments/guide, I'll update the guide if applicable.

Recommended to read 'General Tips' if you are beginning the game and need help.

Useful links:
Teravisor's Mods and Code Guide
Latest LonaRPG English Translation

Guide Sections:
Quest Guide
One-Time (Story-Line, Mostly)
Noer
Pirate's Bane
Doom Fortress
Repeatable
Noer
Pirate's Bane
World Map
Job Guide
Cheats
General Tips
Misc [TBD]

Contributors to the Guide

Disclaimer: This guide was written using version 0.3.5.6.1. It will be updated using version 0.4.5.0 in the coming weeks.

Ratings: Horrendous (1/10), Awful (2/10), Bad (3/10), Poor (4/10), Debatable (5/10), Meh (6/10), Decent (7/10), Good (8/10), Great (9/10), Fantastic (10/10)

Quest Guide

One-Time (Story-Line, Mostly):

Noer:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Pirate's Bane:

Doom Fort:

Repeatable:

Noer:

Pirate's Bane:

World Map:

Job Guide [TBD]

Cheats
Press 'F10' to enter the console and type the cheats in, copy/paste is not possible (replace 9999 with the value you desire).
Adding ' >z' to the end of the command allows you to input it multiple times, it will give an error sound but should work.
Here is a mod the adds a cheat menu.

General Tips

Misc [TBD]

Contributors to the Guide

Last edited:

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Only got one play through but I it's been going on for a while so if anyone has better methods/guides or any quests/jobs I missed go ahead and tell me. I'll try to update it overtime

Quest Guide

Repeatable:
1. Collect White Dragon Grass (Reward 2 small copper coins)
-Not that good of a quest (3/10).
>Just exit Noer using the Eastern exit, cross the bridge to the east, enter the rain forests below (next to the water).
>Look for 'White Dragon Weed' which look like tall grass/hay/rice and stand on top of it and press enter/z. At the beginning, when you have no wisdom, you only get 1 White Dragon Weed per map so you have to exit and re-enter.
>After getting five, enter back into Noer and go to 'Elise Obstetrics and Gynecologist', the building on the top right of the map (red building with a chimney), only open during the day so press 'ctrl' to skip time without stamina cost if you need to wait
-Tips: watch out for boars, they are dangerous and can easily stun lock you. Gathering any material (other than wood) costs 3 stamina. You can also get apples (from trees with red apples), grapes (from vines on map walls with purple grapes), Blue berries (from grass with blue berries), and tomatoes (from vines on map walls with red tomatoes) for the same cost

2. Mine Monster Cleanup
TBA

3. Undead In Cemetery
TBA

4. Squatters In The Sewers (says one-time but quest re-appears after a while)
TBA

One-Time:
1. Rat Quest (Tutorial)
2. Missing Convoy
4. Missing Daughter

Job Guide
1. Waitress
2. Dancer
3. Prostitution
4. Gathering
Higher wis allows more herbs to show up on maps. I think with the Wis glasses alone you have a chance of 2-3 per map. The sickle also reduces herb/food stamina gathering cost from 3 to 1 (It needs to be equipped). It's essential really or you'll just eat through all the food you gather trying to maintain energy levels.

Last edited:

Xviv

May 24, 2018
Also stops you from exploiting the game by selling food to hobos (high price) then getting big $$$ to buy your equipment
I don't see any reason why that would happen, since beggars don't seem to offer more tp for food items than anyone else, and if there wasn't a tp system, no reason beggars would offer any money at all in exchange for anything, since they're beggars.

Reactions: Quizpat

ZedTed

Sep 24, 2017
I don't see any reason why that would happen, since beggars don't seem to offer more tp for food items than anyone else, and if there wasn't a tp system, no reason beggars would offer any money at all in exchange for anything, since they're beggars.
Weird, could have sworn that they payed more for food, my bad then. Actually, I thought there were dynamic prices, certain vendors payed more for certain goods and less for others; what happened to it?

Xviv

May 24, 2018
I am only seeing it on the "selling to the player" side. all characters that pop the store interface seem to offer the same tp per item. Far as I know, rpgm is entirely capable of having nonstandard prices on both buy and sell, though.

Gibberish666

Mar 17, 2019
The trading mechanic is great in my opinion, it's something new and original. It forces you to think about what you want to trade and not to just sell everything at one merchant and buy somewhere else as you lose more 'money' from the inefficiency of buying and selling coins. Also stops you from exploiting the game by selling food to hobos (high price) then getting big $$$ to buy your equipment.

Although it is really annoying that it disappears upon 1 day/night cycle as it becomes difficult to use after working as a dancer in the inn.
Selling off your junk to one merchant and spending your newfound cash is not a video game exploit. It's how markets work. Right now, irl, I could sell off a whole bunch of my junk to a pawn shop then run down to another store and buy something else.

The same exploit issue could be just as easily addressed by giving all the merchants a limited stock and wallet that replenishes based on how well the market is doing - which the player gets to influence based on how much they're buying and selling goods. The players would receive diminishing returns based on how much and how often they sell a certain good. At a certain point, vendors could even stop buying from the player simply because they either have no copper pieces left, or the market is so flooded that they can't move product. etc etc. Additionally, a vendor could even turn down a sale from Lona because they don't buy that product in the first place. Unless Lona herself a trader with a silver tongue, why can I sell rats, animal meat, and herbs to the smithy? That doesn't make sense. This solution would also remove any possibility of some kind of exploit in the game of selling food to hobos. Hobos shouldn't have money to begin with, because they otherwise would not be hobos.
I think this would make much more sense - and possibly be even more challenging - than this weird semi-haggling thing the game currently uses.

Last edited:

Xviv

May 24, 2018
the current system is actually more weird, since I can sell something to somebody and receive trade points that I can use to buy stuff from somebody else, so I can do exactly what was described: sell food to a hobo and then buy stuff from a merchant with my tradepoints. Of course, the merchant would have given me exactly the same number of tp for that food, so I'm not gaining anything by doing this, but it's a very odd mechanic that seems to confuse a lot of players without currently adding anything to the game.

Reactions: FruitSmoothie

ZedTed

Sep 24, 2017
Selling off your junk to one merchant and spending your newfound cash is not a video game exploit. It's how markets work. Right now, irl, I could sell off a whole bunch of my junk to a pawn shop then run down to another store and buy something else.

The same exploit issue could be just as easily addressed by giving all the merchants a limited stock and wallet that replenishes based on how well the market is doing - which the player gets to influence based on how much they're buying and selling goods. The players would receive diminishing returns based on how much and how often they sell a certain good. At a certain point, vendors could even stop buying from the player simply because they either have no copper pieces left, or the market is so flooded that they can't move product. etc etc. Additionally, a vendor could even turn down a sale from Lona because they don't buy that product in the first place. Unless Lona herself a trader with a silver tongue, why can I sell rats, animal meat, and herbs to the smithy? That doesn't make sense. This solution would also remove any possibility of some kind of exploit in the game of selling food to hobos. Hobos shouldn't have money to begin with, because they otherwise would not be hobos.
I think this would make much more sense - and possibly be even more challenging - than this weird semi-haggling thing the game currently uses.
That's would be really cool, although it does sound like a pain to code so one can hope. Really hope a system like this is implemented but in the end, it's up to the developer.

ddaisy

Jun 5, 2019
Undead in Cemetery
> Don't do this quest over and over again, it is boring and does not give you much exp on account of you practically doing nothing, not even picking up items as all the skeletons drop are rags which cannot be sold (but they do give a cool, rouge look to Lona)

Once every 100 years the skeletons can drop weapons you can pick up. I managed to get a bow after doing the quest multiple times in a row.

Anon21

Mar 29, 2017
Anyone know how the (human) pregnancy works? I'm not sure I can wait 270 days to see if baby happens. Lol.

Titles [TBA]
(No Idea what they do, if you know a few or how to unlock them, tell me)
Commoner
Mercenary
Hooker
I unlocked Mercenary, and Hooker in that order. I think you just get Mercenary after doing enough quests from the board and Hooker after selling your body a bunch.

I don't know if you can go back to Mercenary from Hooker by stopping prostitution and just grinding quests.

AFAIK the titles do nothing.

Reactions: ZedTed

ddaisy

Jun 5, 2019
There's a 4th title: Sex Slave. You get this by wearing the special collar with hand restraints or being a brothel slave. This means escaping while wearnig the special collar doesn't remove the title, but wearing a different collar does (e.g. the one they give you when you're sold to Crystal Pit as a mine slave) - in that case you go back to your previous title like Mercenary.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZedTed
4.10 star(s) 179 Votes