Nov 7, 2018
---------------
Quick question: What is the location of the script for how save data for outdated versions are processed?

Any time an edit is made to the game version changes. Because the version changes with each edit to the game, this means all saves made prior to an edit no longer have the screenshot of when they were made. Makes perfect sense for debugging purposes but it's a bit annoying for modding and I'm having trouble figuring out where the script handling this is located.

I poked around a bit in 5_DataManager.rb, as well as a few others but i'm not seeing what i'm looking for.

ddaisy

Jun 5, 2019
I need help with the patch that was supposed to fix the CompHumanBow_OM error. Is the "Data" folder from the patch file supposed to be in the same folder as the "Game" app? I have it there and I'm still getting the error. Do I need to put it elsewhere or do something else to make the patch work? Home screen says I'm playing LonaRPG.Beta.0.3.5.4.1E1BF77.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Paladox

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
I think a good temprorary fix for the encounters system would be a much higher chance of running away. Currently it doesn't seem to work much, and it's not clear which stat would improve your chances. I'm very much thinking about getting the hitchhiker trait when I reach level 35.

As a contribution to those discussing making money: While gathering food and herbs in the rainforests just East of town, I decided to just start skipping days to see if I could tell what the baby is going to be like. The easiest way is just passing time while in the world map, so I did so (with no intention of keeping this, of course). To my surprise an abandoned wagon appeared so I checked into it. Found the golden pants inside. I'm starting to think that maybe I should do all my resting in the world map. Will need to be more wary though, considering encounters from the map are all much more dangerous than those from sleeping in a map (since you start in the middle with all the bad things).

I believe random encounters are not so random, and that you always get an encounter after X number of steps. The encounter, however, is always random. It might be a good idea to save just before getting the encounter, and then just reload until you get abandoned supplies (or something else you want, like the preacher to lower world difficulty). I think the hitchhiker trait will probably help a lot with this, and probably lead me to getting all the money I need... hopefully. xD

mordet

Apr 21, 2020
i know i should offer more option on encounter system. but now isnt a good time to fix.
Honestly, I think two things that would really help with combat massively would be lowering the speed penalty of attacks and turning the interruption on a received hit into a chance of interruption. Or, actually, if we're going the dark soul route: a sort of armor poise system. being able to take a hit and still swing instead of just noping out of the attack.

right now the combat in the game (in 1v1s) is "who can attack the fastest?" Seriously! a single wolf killed me. 1 wolf! too fast to run away, attacks to quickly to trade, tried using magic but it bounds is unpredictable ways so cant hit is with main attack.

Is there a way to mod that kinda stuff in the game or is it the RPGM engine that fucks with those kinda ideas? If so I'd love to start tinkering with settings to see what's good.

foofoo3344

Dec 5, 2017
Honestly, I think two things that would really help with combat massively would be lowering the speed penalty of attacks and turning the interruption on a received hit into a chance of interruption. Or, actually, if we're going the dark soul route: a sort of armor poise system. being able to take a hit and still swing instead of just noping out of the attack.

right now the combat in the game (in 1v1s) is "who can attack the fastest?" Seriously! a single wolf killed me. 1 wolf! too fast to run away, attacks to quickly to trade, tried using magic but it bounds is unpredictable ways so cant hit is with main attack.

Is there a way to mod that kinda stuff in the game or is it the RPGM engine that fucks with those kinda ideas? If so I'd love to start tinkering with settings to see what's good.
The speed and attack rate of most enemies is ridiculous. Even starving hobos in the sewers are faster than you. WTF

Deleted member #2204703

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
i know i should offer more option on encounter system. but now isnt a good time to fix.
I think a good temprorary fix for the encounters system would be a much higher chance of running away. Currently it doesn't seem to work much, and it's not clear which stat would improve your chances. I'm very much thinking about getting the hitchhiker trait when I reach level 35.

As a contribution to those discussing making money: While gathering food and herbs in the rainforests just East of town, I decided to just start skipping days to see if I could tell what the baby is going to be like. The easiest way is just passing time while in the world map, so I did so (with no intention of keeping this, of course). To my surprise an abandoned wagon appeared so I checked into it. Found the golden pants inside. I'm starting to think that maybe I should do all my resting in the world map. Will need to be more wary though, considering encounters from the map are all much more dangerous than those from sleeping in a map (since you start in the middle with all the bad things).

I believe random encounters are not so random, and that you always get an encounter after X number of steps. The encounter, however, is always random. It might be a good idea to save just before getting the encounter, and then just reload until you get abandoned supplies (or something else you want, like the preacher to lower world difficulty). I think the hitchhiker trait will probably help a lot with this, and probably lead me to getting all the money I need... hopefully. xD
if they see. they spawn around u, if not, they spread. and this is the part cause most hate.
what i want is cost N point of STA, and event will missing target(spread).
but i also want rebuild the structure. and this will cost time...

beepboop01

Apr 12, 2020
Is there anyone Lona can have willing sex with? That is to say without the succubus trait.

I'm trying to do something of a "pure" run. Though more of a normal person run where she aint whoring herself out or getting raped. Quite difficult but fun.

mordet

Apr 21, 2020
if they see. they spawn around u, if not, they spread. and this is the part cause most hate.
what i want is cost N point of STA, and event will missing target(spread).
but i also want rebuild the structure. and this will cost time...
sounds really good, but don't they always see you? since if they don't, then wouldn't you just leave?

I think the real thing that makes people kinda mad is how spawn REALLY on top of you!

It makes me think of the times I play D&D with my friends and the DM tells us that we're walking in a field and then BOOM roll initiative all the enemies are within 1 movement of you.

I guess, my point is Lona is a reasonable girl, I think that if see sees like 5 guys coming towards her, she wouldn't wait until they're within spitting (or cumming) distance, literally, to start evasive maneuvers. Y'know? like, girl, you didn't react until the goblin start jerking off unto you?

And, actually, it wouldn't be so bad if it were tamer. Not the gang-rape part, that's always horrific. but I'm at the point where the moment I get surrounded I just go back to main menu because getting caught isn't just a bad event. it's literally game over. But it takes longer. As in, if I've negative Stamina and no way to recover (because I used them all or whatever) and there's at least 1 guy around it's game over, I know it so why go through the whole rape scene, then enslavement scene, then the rape at the camp scene, then the passing out scene only to THEN press start and reload.

Seriously, how come every single roving band of bandits take slaves? isn't a gang-rape enough?

Jorogom

Oct 19, 2019
No it just means more work, we have to add configuration to the FileGetter script. I've done the work for you though, just copy and paste the script I added to the modding guide post into your FileGetter script right below the skills handling script and you should be good to go. Remember it's Data/Scripts/Frames/FileGetter > FileGetter.rb.
Sorry to keep giving problems but even with the script I can't seem to make it work. Even tried to do it on a fresh install but still nothing.
Here's how I have the FileGetter.rb and food_Bread.json modified just in case i've done something wrong.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Once again sorry to bother as you've done more than enough.

Deleted member #2204703

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
I think the real thing that makes people kinda mad is how spawn REALLY on top of you!

I guess, my point is Lona is a reasonable girl, I think that if see sees like 5 guys coming towards her, she wouldn't wait until they're within spitting (or cumming) distance, literally, to start evasive maneuvers. Y'know? like, girl, you didn't react until the goblin start jerking off unto you?
damn right, i will note this part

Seriously, how come every single roving band of bandits take slaves? isn't a gang-rape enough?
the island lost their status after monster outbreak.
the GOV of noer are selling sybaris refugee for $, and $ make things works.
bandits and gangs are helping the GOV to do this. its all about $.
inside the City, guards are kicking bandits and refugees out of the town so the people wount noticed much change.
everyone is doing their part, gangrape also count.

Reactions: mordet

beepboop01

Apr 12, 2020
So is it just me or is the Milo letter in Notes... nonsense?
As in
- :MiloInvite/Sende
:MiloInvite/Title

with the actual letter being
:MiloInvite/Title
:MiloInvite/Text

Easy enough to look in the game files for this though.

EDIT:

Suggestion
Rape seems to lower mood but what if you had "Sanity" attribute/stat?
Do things that are very against Lonas character (being raped, prostitution etc when not "Nymphomaniac" but Timid/Tough) and lose sanity.
Have very high mood for long enough and sanity increases.

So there is long lasting damage to character for bad events. Also rewards keeping up very good mood more. It fits with the dark world.

This is just me but:
Light hearted or heartwarming moments are needed for a dark world. Because if everything is dark there are no LOW points or contrast. If there are some rare good moments it will make dark moments even darker since the game will have more tones to it than just dark.

Bad grimdark is when it's always dark so nothing to contrast it. Good grimdark is when there is a lot of bad but some good still exists. When everything is dark, dark becomes normal.

Last edited:

mordet

Apr 21, 2020
Suggestion
Rape seems to lower mood but what if you had "Sanity" attribute/stat?
Do things that are very against Lonas character (being raped, prostitution etc when not "Nymphomaniac" but Timid/Tough) and lose sanity.
Have very high mood for long enough and sanity increases.

So there is long lasting damage to character for bad events. Also rewards keeping up very good mood more. It fits with the dark world.
I don't know what game you're playing but I don't think that there's a need for that. bad events usually ends your playthrough. There's not much more long lasting than that.

NaiasEleias

Jan 25, 2018
This is just me but:
Light hearted or heartwarming moments are needed for a dark world. Because if everything is dark there are no LOW points or contrast. If there are some rare good moments it will make dark moments even darker since the game will have more tones to it than just dark.

Bad grimdark is when it's always dark so nothing to contrast it. Good grimdark is when there is a lot of bad but some good still exists. When everything is dark, dark becomes normal.
Have you done cocona + boss mama events?

Reactions: mordet

beepboop01

Apr 12, 2020
I don't know what game you're playing but I don't think that there's a need for that. bad events usually ends your playthrough. There's not much more long lasting than that.
Dunno I've had a decent enough time getting out of rapes. I've only ran into bad ends on purpose, like the dude who you can sign a contract with etc. But I am super careful with playing.

mordet

Apr 21, 2020
Dunno I've had a decent enough time getting out of rapes. I've only ran into bad ends on purpose, like the dude who you can sign a contract with etc. But I am super careful with playing.
not my experience...
where are you at?

sighhhhhh

Sep 29, 2019
I got captured by some goblins in the forest, and they took everything from me. I managed to escape through the dark tunnels and tried to get back to the tavern, but now I'm locked out of the city and being refused entrance because the goblins took my ID. How do I get back in?

Reactions: CaiNanE

mordet

Apr 21, 2020
I got captured by some goblins in the forest, and they took everything from me. I managed to escape through the dark tunnels and tried to get back to the tavern, but now I'm locked out of the city and being refused entrance because the goblins took my ID. How do I get back in?
north side of the city, there is a cave, use it, it connects to the sewers.

4.10 star(s) 184 Votes