Apr 9, 2020
i think the money should sell by its full value, i mean i can be a fucking idiot but 20 bucks are 20 bucks no matter how stupid i am barting
well its logical that pepole have difrent valuess so depaning on there personalty and expirences they can argu about the price of thing
if you try to sell lets say a playstaition IRL not all pupole would give you the same price a kid may be willing to buy it for an expancive price . but you would have to significantlly decress the price if its for a adult who is not intrested in games to buy it becuse for him its not worth that much so you need to be smart in convicing him to buy it with a high price

Reactions: mrwolf14

Teravisor

Jan 23, 2020
i think the money should sell by its full value, i mean i can be a fucking idiot but 20 bucks are 20 bucks no matter how stupid i am barting
There are two ways of doing price difference:
1. items cost more when bought, less when sold
2. money costs less when buying with it or more when selling to get it
This game uses second approach. Those two are essentially same, you can check with maths.

Reactions: mrwolf14

Yukihirou

Feb 4, 2018
Is my game bugged or Magic feels really weak ?

I have invested 10 points into wisdom, with equipment I have 20 Wis, and yet the Fireball or Bombardment can only do like 1-5 damages to civillians. Meanwhile Elise throwing Bombardment at me with deadly efficency (I lost 90 HP and 80 stamina eating the full blast)

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
4. Type load_script("optimize.rb") then press enter
Using quotation marks in the console is not possible.
Shift-2 gives me the @ ( whereas my keyboard layout is set to use Shift-2 for " ) while trying to use the single quotation mark (with and without Shift) does nothing.
I'll only decrypt this game when there's a patch.

EDIT: So, besides Orkind and Fishkin, can Lona get knocked up by anything else that's not human (and if it is, where can I find it?)

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2020
Is my game bugged or Magic feels really weak ?

I have invested 10 points into wisdom, with equipment I have 20 Wis, and yet the Fireball or Bombardment can only do like 1-5 damages to civillians. Meanwhile Elise throwing Bombardment at me with deadly efficency (I lost 90 HP and 80 stamina eating the full blast)
it's spoused to do much more than that considering that fire ball is one of (if not the most)damge dealing attaks did you mess around with the code or somthing

Yukihirou

Feb 4, 2018
I download the game from the first post, It's already decrypted, and there are about 6 save files already in there, I deleted those save files, then I throw the Unofficial eng patch from this post
https://f95zone.to/threads/lonarpg-v0-4-2-0-beta-eccma417.49993/post-4042276

Did I really mess up my game ? Is my save file still bugged even if I transfer it to a new game ?

P/S: Also, I can pick up Succubus trait even though I did not chose any persona, my persona is still "Normal", Is my game really this bugged ?

ZedTed

Sep 24, 2017
I download the game from the first post, It's already decrypted, and there are about 6 save files already in there, I deleted those save files, then I throw the Unofficial eng patch from this post
https://f95zone.to/threads/lonarpg-v0-4-2-0-beta-eccma417.49993/post-4042276

Did I really mess up my game ? Is my save file still bugged even if I transfer it to a new game ?

P/S: Also, I can pick up Succubus trait even though I did not chose any persona, my persona is still "Normal", Is my game really this bugged ?
The only issues that will come from using outdated translations is the game crashing if it tries to 'show' text that does not exist in the translation files (e.g. game tries to show new dialogue for a character but that dialog is not in the ENG file due to having the older version).

Yeah, you can choose a 'fighting' trait without choosing a personality, not a bug. Although it still locks you out of the other personalities and fighting traits. So if you choose succubus, you can only take the lustful personality and not the others.

Reactions: Yukihirou

Teravisor

Jan 23, 2020
Using quotation marks in the console is not possible.
Shift-2 gives me the @ ( whereas my keyboard layout is set to use Shift-2 for " ) while trying to use the single quotation mark (with and without Shift) does nothing.
I'll only decrypt this game when there's a patch.
For pressing quotes you could use autohotkey script, for example simple script ]::' will bind your button ] to single quote and it should work in console or ]::" will bind your ] to double quote. Note: console is made in crude way that won't accept non-default symbols so you might want to ctrl+c ' or " symbol into ahk script to be sure that it's the very same symbol.

Single quotes in command do work as well, when I wrote load_script('optimize.rb') it worked.

If you misplaced any file it should show you "No such file or directory" error.

EDIT: when I tried to make autohotkey send whole command, it always ate some letters out of it. So didn't work.

Last edited:

Yukihirou

Feb 4, 2018
It's been 24 days, haven't seen a single preacher event after I accidentally murdered the first one. Am I Ok ?

Teravisor

Jan 23, 2020
It's been 24 days, haven't seen a single preacher event after I accidentally murdered the first one. Am I Ok ?
There doesn't seem to be anything to prevent it triggering again, it's just chance is low. And you can only see them inside noer in all tiles except for walled area with graveyard.
P.S. it seems hitchhiker trait increases chance of preacher event. Initial chance 5/110, with trait it's 15/130.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Yukihirou

Yukihirou

Feb 4, 2018
The only issues that will come from using outdated translations is the game crashing if it tries to 'show' text that does not exist in the translation files (e.g. game tries to show new dialogue for a character but that dialog is not in the ENG file due to having the older version).

Yeah, you can choose a 'fighting' trait without choosing a personality, not a bug. Although it still locks you out of the other personalities and fighting traits. So if you choose succubus, you can only take the lustful personality and not the others.
Strange, after I updated my game with the newer translated version, magic damage went up a great deal (from 5-10 damages to 33-45 damages). so I guess my question about magic damage is answered. But now I am stuck with save screenshot "Version outdated" even though it's the same game version, just with different patch version.

Teravisor

Jan 23, 2020
Strange, after I updated my game with the newer translated version, magic damage went up a great deal (from 5-10 damages to 33-45 damages). so I guess my question about magic damage is answered. But now I am stuck with save screenshot "Version outdated" even though it's the same game version, just with different patch version.
Version is stored inside your savegame, only way to remove it is edit save or mod that check out. Not hard to do, but no reason to do it.
At some point there was error with damage stats, not sure if it was in some of my optimizations or base game, but most likely in my optimization. To me main thing is with OptimizationV4 and 4.2.4 it's not appearing anymore. At least for now...

Yukihirou

Feb 4, 2018
Version is stored inside your savegame, only way to remove it is edit save or mod that check out. Not hard to do, but no reason to do it.
At some point there was error with damage stats, not sure if it was in some of my optimizations or base game, to me main thing is with OptimizationV4 and 4.2.4 it's not appearing anymore. At least for now...
I see I see now, I think it's the first post version is actually the one decrypted and updated with your FPS fix, no idea why the bot did that though. I did take a look at your post and intended to use it, but since I only ran into problem at the tavern, I saved it for later. Wait a min, i'll check the first post files and see if it matches.

Yukihirou

Feb 4, 2018
At some point there was error with damage stats, not sure if it was in some of my optimizations or base game, but most likely in my optimization. To me main thing is with OptimizationV4 and 4.2.4 it's not appearing anymore. At least for now...
I was wrong, it's not your optimization files that's causing problem, there's no such files bundled together in the first post.
No idea if first post download version is bugged seeing it's already decrypted or it's the outdated unofficial fanpatch 0.4.2.3 causing problems.
Anyways glad thing work out alright now.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
How money works is the most stupid thing in this game. They should change that.
Noer is on a downward spiral and the economy runs on a barter system as a result.
With barter you don't accumulate wealth but actually trade for things that aren't money.
That's why, in this game, money does not stay with you between areas.
Think how bloody easy the game and its Survival Mode would be if were a bog-standard RPG cash for kills system.
That said, I think the Survival stat increases the trade value of your things.
If it's that much of a bother, farm the Undead in the Cemetery quest. You get 7 small coppers for that. And is infinitely repeatable.
If you have a huge stock of Trade Points (the money in this game) and are about to leave the area, look for a merchant and trade in as many TP as you can for coins.

4.10 star(s) 185 Votes