HypnoKitten

Feb 14, 2018
Every time I see this game updated I want to play it. And every time I play it I love it... but as soon as one thing goes wrong, one rng flips the wrong way, it seems to end up in a death-spiral you can't escape. Is there a trick by chance by which people are making it deeper into the game? Or some cheats to get you back on your feet?

Sphere42

Sep 9, 2018
Every time I see this game updated I want to play it. And every time I play it I love it... but as soon as one thing goes wrong, one rng flips the wrong way, it seems to end up in a death-spiral you can't escape. Is there a trick by chance by which people are making it deeper into the game? Or some cheats to get you back on your feet?
Savescumming, console cheats mentioned in the big guide post, playing it safe and preparing fallbacks in advance but mainly savescumming.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
General advice:
  • Save before any time you take a mission or enter an area. Dedicate like 2 or 3 saves for running a dungeon. I find that I die more to my own stupidity than anything else.
  • Take 3 points in scoutcraft to sneak and carry a set of "dirty" clothes (rags, underwear, apron, shawl). Wear them when you need to stealth and switch them out when you need to fight.
  • Carry a few health and stamina potions. Mainly stamina potions, for when you're taking hits too frequently to rest.

Quality of Life advice:
  • Alchemy, for EZ food. Bring a couple wooden clubs with you to cook the things you kill.
  • Hitchhiker's for EZ life. Helps you find the preacher more easily. Keeping the world difficulty down keeps out the real nasty enemies. You don't necessarily need to keep it at 0, but you don't wanna run into 5 orcs either.
  • Companions for EZ fights. Help them out by hitting enemies from behind to stun them. Don't accidentally take them into stealth missions.
  • Keep spare food, gear, and most of your money in the bank. Have spares set of dirty clothes for the times you decide to ditch your shitty 1 tp clothes for worthier loot.

HandsomeJack011

Jul 20, 2018
1610008316803.png
What am I supposed to do here? No matter what combination I press just getting the error sound and nothing happens.
Is this a possible bug or just I'm very dumb?

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
0.4.4.3 Did not check the updates for a long time XP
You're going to have to restart. EccmA did something that messes up save files prior to 0.4.6.0. There's a supposed save fixer tool posted somewhere on this thread but results have been mixed, to say the least. Far easier (and more reliable) to start a fresh save.
Oh god so I was that dumb after all! XD
In fairness, it does more resemble an Up Arrow instead of the Shift Key -which itself is denoted by an Up Arrow.

TheHighSpire

Feb 1, 2020
0.4.4.3 Did not check the updates for a long time XP
You're going to have to restart. EccmA did something that messes up save files prior to 0.4.6.0. There's a supposed save fixer tool posted somewhere on this thread but results have been mixed, to say the least. Far easier (and more reliable) to start a fresh save.
In fairness, it does more resemble an Up Arrow instead of the Shift Key -which itself is denoted by an Up Arrow.
You can possibly boot up your old safe, note down you stats, and simply cheat your way to your old stats. Otherwise you will probably have to start over. That said, the cheat engine is pretty annoying to work with too.

tttt00006

Sep 30, 2017
Is there a way to escape from mine slavery?
There was a hole on first day, which Lona can dig, but after some days it disspears.

charabit781

May 21, 2020
I wonder what happend if Mama was killed in the Inn i accidentally triggered blond hair girl in the bar for being criminal because i rape kill too many beggars she throw knives at me and hit the other people include Mama and she kill Mama for that but the people who hit by knives gank her and kill her cause big butler hone hostile and kill everybody i desire leave the Inn return again Mama and blond hair girl is permanently dead and butler is still piss off i found out that her husband was replace Mama instead

Amon99

Jul 4, 2018
when i start the game it's like a Ren'Py game on Autoskip. after dialogue, i can't move. pull up menu and cursor scrolls down menu until reset to top, repeats. can slow it down some by holding down up arrow. any idea what this bug is?

It also doesn't like me being on the Quit part of the Main Menu

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 185 Votes