DL 16

Jul 1, 2019
Those injuries come from the grab attacks btw. Want me to teach you a skill to move super fast even when injured ?
Sure.

Magic is great, but in some fight without proper melee fighting technique and HQ weapon you will never win unless save scumming, if your save is not a cheated one, go to Noer bar and try your magic attack on the Indiana Jone guy or Boss Mama and see how much damage they deal.
On lowest difficulty, fighting the Indiana Jones guy is a cakewalk with Wisdom lvl 10 and (good?) accessories.
He died when I was stacking about my 7th Wall of Fire on his tile. Because just for other's clarification, that's how I fight CQC, by stacking Wall of Fires on the same tiles.

Mama I couldn't handle mainly because bar patrons stunlocked from all directions.
If I could get her alone, I would probably keep moving left/right so she's forced to walk over and over on a flaming tile.
Chances of victory unknown.

But yeah, I do save scum a lot because it's a risky strat.

SwordofHeaven

Jan 28, 2018
Having my shield/weapon grabbed out of my hands in the middle of a fight in doom mode is the worst thing ever. Losing either is practically a death sentence against strong enemies in tight spaces considering how much they contribute to stats.

Even worse than being stuck between a companion and enemy in a corridor cause you can't tell them to move.

No save scumming or mid-fight potion chugging sounds awesome but when I see cecily dying 1v1 against a shield gob in a corner where/when I can't help makes me regret putting time into a doom mode save.

Just Hell mode for me I guess.

• Haha
Reactions: Yukihirou

Yukihirou

Feb 4, 2018
On lowest difficulty, fighting the Indiana Jones guy is a cakewalk with Wisdom lvl 10 and (good?) accessories.
He died when I was stacking about my 7th Wall of Fire on his tile. Because just for other's clarification, that's how I fight CQC, by stacking Wall of Fires on the same tiles.
I'm really sorry, my info about Wall of Fire not stacking DoT is outdated, it now stacks, magic CQC is a thing now, your build's good. I just tested it. Whew, thank a lot, I learned some cool thing today.
Edit:
Still cannot use it on Doom mode without getting rekt, goodbye magic CQC, back to melee + wall of fire again.

0:49 - 0:50
Pay real attention to that "jump", learn it, you can move real fast even if your legs are both busted.

Last edited:
Reactions: DL 16

Yukihirou

Feb 4, 2018
Having my shield/weapon grabbed out of my hands in the middle of a fight in doom mode is the worst thing ever. Losing either is practically a death sentence against strong enemies in tight spaces considering how much they contribute to stats.
Quick slot Blue Potions and stay calm even if you're disarmed, stay still, move to the tile your equipment lie and SHIFT + Z to quickly equip it. If your shield is lost, try to attack quickly to stun them and pick up your weapon. If your weapon is lost, calmly block incoming attacks while SHIFT + Z to equip your weapon back.
Fighting strong enemies in tight space is advantageous for you. Imagine fighting strong enemies in open field... the horror.
Even worse than being stuck between a companion and enemy in a corridor cause you can't tell them to move.
Yup, that's why I only travel with one companion, alwys have them on "wait", whistle/teleport them in when you're in a pinch or want to set up an ambush. With 2 companions the commands are a mess to deal with. Plus with at least one companion, you can always escape from most encounters.
No save scumming or mid-fight potion chugging sounds awesome but when I see cecily dying 1v1 against a shield gob in a corner where/when I can't help makes me regret putting time into a doom mode save.
Cecily usually rekt all kind of goblin, especially shield gobs since she uses saber, but since the gob AI update, they are a threat now, beside, Cecily is too vulnerable againt fast attacks, she can't even win again one deepone 50% of the time. She's only good throwing daggers from behind grey rat. This applies to all mode, the only difference being save scumming her out of harm's way in Hard and Hell mode. You can always rewind time by having a baby, It's actually a blessing to try having a baby on Doom mode now.

Last edited:

anasui

Jul 1, 2020
Is it normal that my Lona have her personality back to normal and is no longer exhibitionist after i got enslaved by the fishkind?

• Wow

DL 16

Jul 1, 2019
I'm really sorry, my info about Wall of Fire not stacking DoT is outdated, it now stacks, magic CQC is a thing now, your build's good. I just tested it. Whew, thank a lot, I learned some cool thing today.
No worries. I was happy to find out that feature, and I like how the tile gets brighter and brighter with each stacked WoF.

0:49 - 0:50
Pay real attention to that "jump", learn it, you can move real fast even if your legs are both busted.
That's an awesome trailer. I haven't even seen some of those locations.
The jump also appears to be the dodge skill.
I tried using it after a session with Deep Ones and I find that the player can indeed move fast by spamming that button.
I hadn't used it until now because I only assumed it was for, well, dodging.
Haven't tested how good it will be in escaping, but a chance should present itself sooner or later.
Thanks man.

Yukihirou

Feb 4, 2018
I tried using it after a session with Deep Ones and I find that the player can indeed move fast by spamming that button.
No no no, spamming it is just half of it, rewatch the 0:49-0:50 sequence closely, she "jump" two tiles while evading a bomb. Two, that's two time the dodge skill speed. There's a trick to it.

No worries. I was happy to find out that feature, and I like how the tile gets brighter and brighter with each stacked WoF.
Try out the cyclone as well, stack it 10 times and see how big a hurricane it becomes.

Last edited:

InsilicoDrone

Mar 11, 2021
Above 50 Weakness should be enough.
Thank you for the reply. I thought I had to have a low weak, isn't above 50 a bit too high for this?
Unfortunately for some reason even having weak around 30 denies me any interaction with goblins or orks, tried lot of caves.

anasui

Jul 1, 2020
Is the trait still picked ?
Yes, I can't re-enable it. Maybe it's a feature then, because my Lona got abused for a while by the fishkind lol or maybe because i play with the cheat mod but I only use it to regain stamina and accelerate pregnancy so it cant be it.
If so then how can my Lona regain her slutty personnality and her exihibitionist trait?

Yukihirou

Feb 4, 2018
Thank you for the reply. I thought I had to have a low weak, isn't above 50 a bit too high for this?
Unfortunately for some reason even having weak around 30 denies me any interaction with goblins or orks, tried lot of caves.
Yup, at 30 they still consider you a threat so you have to get your weakness up further. Alternatively, at 0 Weakness and if you're near a companion, they consider you a tough opponent and won't dare to aproach, bow goblins will still try to randomly fire at you though.

Yes, I can't re-enable it. Maybe it's a feature then, because my Lona got abused for a while by the fishkind lol or maybe because i play with the cheat mod but I only use it to regain stamina and accelerate pregnancy so it cant be it.
If so then how can my Lona regain her slutty personnality and her exihibitionist trait?
Refer to first post's guide for the add/remove trait section
Remove Trait: $game_player.actor.remove_state(TraitNumber)

Then add one or two trait points back, and pick them again.

DL 16

Jul 1, 2019
No no no, spamming it is just half of it, rewatch the 0:49-0:50 sequence closely, she "jump" two tiles while evading a bomb. Two, that's two time the dodge skill speed. There's a trick to it.
I see, by clicking any arrow key and then quickly dodging, the player can dodge 2 tiles at once. Thanks for the info.

Try out the cyclone as well, stack it 10 times and see how big a hurricane it becomes.
Never tried it before. I have now. Killed Elise with it before he could fire a single shot.
Then I went into his backroom. Oh my.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Yukihirou

Feb 4, 2018
I see, by clicking any arrow key and then quickly dodging, the player can dodge 2 tiles at once. Thanks for the info.
Yup, you got it right. You have mastered the technique of bunny hopping across the battlefield even with 2 broken legs. Now for the advanced course, what if I tell you you can do it while in stealth mode as well ? Very fast movement ,never get noticed, never trigger a trap. You too can learn it starting from today. (Lv 40 + 20 SCU required)

Reactions: CaiNanE

DL 16

Jul 1, 2019
Yup, you got it right. You have mastered the technique of bunny hopping across the battlefield even with 2 broken legs. Now for the advanced course, what if I tell you you can do it while in stealth mode as well ? Very fast movement ,never get noticed, never trigger a trap. You too can learn it starting from today. (Lv 40 + 20 SCU required)
That method sounds similar to the trait "Into the Darkness".
I guess I'll get it once my level hits 40 as I haven't reached that.

• Haha

SwordofHeaven

Jan 28, 2018
Quick slot Blue Potions and stay calm even if you're disarmed, stay still, move to the tile your equipment lie and SHIFT + Z to quickly equip it. If your shield is lost, try to attack quickly to stun them and pick up your weapon. If your weapon is lost, calmly block incoming attacks while SHIFT + Z to equip your weapon back.
Fighting strong enemies in tight space is advantageous for you. Imagine fighting strong enemies in open field... the horror.
The issue I run into in tight spaces is my gear occasionally ends up in an very inconvenient spot to get to, and when there are multiple enemies there's a good chance I get downed/severely injured if I try to grab it immediately. HP/STA Damage received going from 1~ to like 8+ per hit when without a shield and wounded gets pretty ridiculous at close range. In an open field I can almost always run away and kite to get back to my stuff then deal with foes one by one after agro loss. If I back off and hide in a cave or forest there is a good chance my stuff will have despawned by the time I sneak to it. I hate having to buy expensive replacements and carry heavy spare gear. Why can't I just disarm the enemies instead? :ROFLMAO:

Yup, that's why I only travel with one companion, alwys have them on "wait", whistle/teleport them in when you're in a pinch or want to set up an ambush. With 2 companions the commands are a mess to deal with. Plus with at least one companion, you can always escape from most encounters.
I've never had major issues with managing Cecily/Grey Rat with follower commands. Aside for being a hassle I'm pretty used to manually telling one or both to wait and positioning them for a tactical advantage given the chance to prepare. But ranged/melee comp combos in my experience like to kill each other from time to time. I don't like having to constantly cover Ranged comps either since they hit me often and it exposes my back.

Aside from the very early game I've never felt I needed to have Cecily/Grey Rat around for combat but they make dealing with groups quicker and convenient. I usually end up being a tank for Cecily due to her low stamina with Grey Rat only being useful against those he agros at the beginning of a fight. I considered bandit encounters a way to farm money and loot even when they had the initiative but there was always the rare incident where Cecily gets targeted by 3 enemies at once and dies before I can pull agro off.

As for being stuck between comp and enemy it hasn't gotten me killed yet. It just sucks. Why can I move Cocona's undead but not comps?

Cecily usually rekt all kind of goblin, especially shield gobs since she uses saber, but since the gob AI update, they are a threat now, beside, Cecily is too vulnerable againt fast attacks, she can't even win again one deepone 50% of the time. She's only good throwing daggers from behind grey rat. This applies to all mode, the only difference being save scumming her out of harm's way in Hard and Hell mode.
Even before the gob AI update I've lost Cecily in the northern tower a few times when she chased a shield goblin into a corner where it had nowhere to move. When stuck like that shielded enemies seem to focus on blocking attacks and it's not easy for comps to get hits in even with a fast weapon. When I had no ranged attacks to assist all I could do was watch her die slowly like the dumbass she is.

This all being said, these kinds of things only happen rarely and there's only been a few things I considered worth save scumming for on most of my playthroughs, but the thought of the game screwing me over with bad companion ai or inconvenient mechanics makes me give up on the idea of further doom playthroughs.

Reactions: CaiNanE

Yukihirou

Feb 4, 2018
The issue I run into in tight spaces is my gear occasionally ends up in an very inconvenient spot to get to, and when there are multiple enemies there's a good chance I get downed/severely injured if I try to grab it immediately. HP/STA Damage received going from 1~ to like 8+ per hit when without a shield and wounded gets pretty ridiculous at close range. In an open field I can almost always run away and kite to get back to my stuff then deal with foes one by one after agro loss. If I back off and hide in a cave or forest there is a good chance my stuff will have despawned by the time I sneak to it. I hate having to buy expensive replacements and carry heavy spare gear. Why can't I just disarm the enemies instead?
Mmh, I feel you. I always run simulation ahead, like what if there's a chance i move forward and an enemy from a different path block my back (escape route) so I always make sure such situations never occur to begin with by placing traps or ordering companion to guard that path. (extra precaution and super vigilant).
Scared of reinforcement ? block off the way you come from with 20 traps (yes, you can't escape, but you will only have to deal with enemies in front).

Also, you can 80% stun enemies AOE with water book, quick slot it, it will save your life on doom mode, this make you able to open menu brieftly whenever you lose weapons or get wounded. 100% death proof if you come super duper prepared.
I've never had major issues with managing Cecily/Grey Rat with follower commands. Aside for being a hassle I'm pretty used to manually telling one or both to wait and positioning them for a tactical advantage given the chance to prepare. But ranged/melee comp combos in my experience like to kill each other from time to time. I don't like having to constantly cover Ranged comps either since they hit me often and it exposes my back.

Aside from the very early game I've never felt I needed to have Cecily/Grey Rat around for combat but they make dealing with groups quicker and convenient. I usually end up being a tank for Cecily due to her low stamina with Grey Rat only being useful against those he agros at the beginning of a fight. I considered bandit encounters a way to farm money and loot even when they had the initiative but there was always the rare incident where Cecily gets targeted by 3 enemies at once and dies before I can pull agro off.

As for being stuck between comp and enemy it hasn't gotten me killed yet. It just sucks. Why can I move Cocona's undead but not comps?
The situation where Cecily get targeted by 3 only happens when you chose not to "hide" before approaching, and even then you still have rougly 4 seconds to take agro off her. Equip a whip and hit Cecily and all 3 of them, you will kite 2 of them off Cecily this way. Or you can stealth knock out from behind 2/3 and deal with the other one together with Cecily, continue picking them off one by one together with Cecily afterward.
Even before the gob AI update I've lost Cecily in the northern tower a few times when she chased a shield goblin into a corner where it had nowhere to move. When stuck like that shielded enemies seem to focus on blocking attacks and it's not easy for comps to get hits in even with a fast weapon. When I had no ranged attacks to assist all I could do was watch her die slowly like the dumbass she is.

This all being said, these kinds of things only happen rarely and there's only been a few things I considered worth save scumming for on most of my playthroughs, but the thought of the game screwing me over with bad companion ai or inconvenient mechanics makes me give up on the idea of further doom playthroughs.
Truth be said, I never let them act independantly, I always order Cecily and Grey Rat to form a spear/wall formation in someplace I can retreat to and together 3 of us beat the shit out of whatever approaching. Letting them go off on their own in dark cave will kill Cecily off in seconds due to traps or agro. When such situation arise where Cecily do something stupid, you can always unequip your weapon and bitchslap her to get her to agro on you, thus running after you, she's very quick.

Anyways, I only ever use that duo to farm for level and stuffs, whenever I do some serious questing, I leave perma death companions at home and hire the riffraffs.

Reactions: SwordofHeaven

glimpse_eye

Mar 14, 2020
hi guys.

i wanted to ask if someone can help me with the game.
and i mean by the modding part i cant really understand it and i aint that smart either so its like looking at a diffrent language (dont mean it in a bad way sry if it come's wrong).

i played lonarpg for a long time now and its nice to see something new.
i surely wanted to try the file that has been put in here to use but i dont know a single thing how to do it.

i would really appriciate the help with the new expirience.

Yukihirou

Feb 4, 2018
hi guys.

i wanted to ask if someone can help me with the game.
and i mean by the modding part i cant really understand it and i aint that smart either so its like looking at a diffrent language (dont mean it in a bad way sry if it come's wrong).

i played lonarpg for a long time now and its nice to see something new.
i surely wanted to try the file that has been put in here to use but i dont know a single thing how to do it.

i would really appriciate the help with the new expirience.
What modding part you don't understand ?

glimpse_eye

Mar 14, 2020
What modding part you don't understand ?
in general how to change it so u can use the files.

i just looked at some guides that are placed and it say's to throw away the content of the game away and put the extracted fil's back in it so u can change it but i really dont know how to do that.

and im not really good with scripting as how to do so.

Yukihirou

Feb 4, 2018
in general how to change it so u can use the files.

i just looked at some guides that are placed and it say's to throw away the content of the game away and put the extracted fil's back in it so u can change it but i really dont know how to do that.

and im not really good with scripting as how to do so.
For starter, I understand you're referring to Teravisor guide to modding. However, first, I want to know which part of the game you wanna mod, as there's plenty you can mod without altering too much file structure.

If it's about the All Decrypter program, then just make a backup of your Game.rgss3a, after decrypting, you will get a data folder and graphic folder, Put them into your LonaRPG game folder where Game.rgss3a is. Remember to delete Game.rgss3a afterward.

4.10 star(s) 187 Votes