Tektaara

Mar 15, 2021
what is logic behind buying fake paper Id and restoring your morality to 50 ? Shouldn´t it decrease your morality because its immoral ?
Morality doesn't have anything to do with morality, but calling it what it is would disrupt immersion so instead it is assumed that the player will eventually figure it out.

elchivo

Dec 15, 2018
what is logic behind buying fake paper Id and restoring your morality to 50 ? Shouldn´t it decrease your morality because its immoral ?
Morality in the game just means your standing with the autorities. If you lose enough morality you'll be considered a criminal.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
Morality in the game just means your standing with the autorities. If you lose enough morality you'll be considered a criminal.
I feel like it's moreso word-of-mouth repuation than anything. There's many quests where you gain morality for doing highly illegal things. Like you really think the authorities care that you fed a few people human flesh or rescued a monkey from being raped to death?

studyguide

Jun 23, 2019
Morality doesn't have anything to do with morality, but calling it what it is would disrupt immersion so instead it is assumed that the player will eventually figure it out.
I feel like it's moreso word-of-mouth repuation than anything. There's many quests where you gain morality for doing highly illegal things. Like you really think the authorities care that you fed a few people human flesh or rescued a monkey from being raped to death?

make sense now.... @Tektaara how so ?

Apr 1, 2020
I don't think abom lona is broken. Deepone Lona's summons lets you take out everything without ever putting yourself at risk and most fights end with just the 2 meaning you only spend 20 stamina and Deepone Lona is trivial to unlock thanks to the shortened pregnancy duration. The cost of Deepone Lona is needing to use a blue pot everytime you want to interact with NPCs.

Compared to that, Sickly everyday is a huge, huge pain in the ass because you lose stamina every second just for standing still and Abom Lona has to get into the fray and get damaged and all that unlike Deepone Lona. I can take out that giant in the Arena as Deepone Lona with only 40 stamina at level 15 while I couldn't with abom lona.

So Abom Lona is fun but nowhere near "broken".

Anyways.... have you tried getting Lona parasited? Free corpses to desicate everyday so it might completely remove the day 2 day cost of abom lona especially since you'll probably make up all the lost health from sleeping with 0 food. It also fits her theme cause them parasites are abominations.
So acknowledging I didn't test against The Beast, and I'll have to try fighting him to see how it goes.

My main tests have been against the various overworld encounters you can get into. So far, Humans are the hardest encounter, and that's essentially damning with faint praise, since even then they are only dangerous if you're careless and let them surround you with no attempt to control the fight. Goblins are just weaker humans, so they obviously don't matter if humans don't, and Deepones generally don't hit harder than humans do.

The outlier is Abominations, which normally can be a huge pain to fight against because each killed abomination spawns a bunch of little roaches that attack you and interrupt you, but Abomination Lona has two huge advantages now:
  • Her "Held" Tendril Whip is uninterruptable, so the only way it's getting stopped is if an attack stuns Lona
  • Her "Tapped" Tendril Whip flings her around, making it incredibly easy to get out of being surrounded by all those tiny roaches, and you can keep using it until you have a proper chance to clean them up or get into hiding
It was this that led me to the conclusion that Abomination Lona might be a little broken. Because you don't need to hide and let your summons get the job done: you can just jump into the frey and fight as yourself, and if your motives get a little low, one or two Desecrates are enough to get you back up.

With little skill, it's a very powerful build, and if you get good at using the tendril whip, it's bonkers.

Reactions: anonymousguy11

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
Did I say anything to the contrary? And also WIS > ATK by miles because WIS lets you bluff your way in and out of the city, increases prices, and dodge encounters while ATK does absolutely nothing else.

Nothing is stopping you from using regular magic weapons for those specific scenarios. I don't know how good her waterbolt is right now after the nerf but before it could keep enemies at bay indefinitely while dealing massive damage.

You can only eat corpses if you kill, get on top of the corpse, and spend a few seconds being vulnerable so it's terrible if there are multiple assailants. And even then it does not heal wounds so you're still chugging down health pots. Deepone Lona on the other hand: 0 wounds on the account of never getting hit. Ever. And can totally take on multiple assailants simultaneously. WIthout any gear I might add.

Sickly isn't a non-issue when you're not in combat. i.e. shopping around, traveling.

Abom Lona's reduced stats are also a huge concern. I can't travel around in Noer without getting into negative stamina. Then a surprise bandit encounter while I'm negative and I can't hide to spread them out on the account of having no stamina.

If you're enslaved, Deepone Lona can take off shackles as soon as she is positive stamina. Normal Lona can take off shackles with 15 in any trait other than constitution. Abom Lona can't take off shackles without significant investment in constitution because her max stamina without constitution investment is nowhere near enough to break shackles not even with 15 points in a different trait.

Also if you desiccate even once you are at -150 morality until you rest.

So Abom Lona is a nice trade off. Significantly harder everything and I mean EVERYTHING in exchange for desiccate.

I'm using Deepone Lona as a measuring stick. She is not "broken". Abom lona is inferior to Deepone Lona. Therefore Abom Lona is not "broken" as well. The person i was responding to claimed Abom Lona is a roflstomping game breaker that roflstomps through doom mode.

The only thing Abom Lona does better than Deepone Lona is food. Parasited Abom Lona can just desiccate her parasite spawns everyday to stay at max health and stamina while staying at 0 food indefinitely so going from one side of the map to the other, abom Lona has it easier but it's still dangerous because you need to be positive stamina to desiccate so you can't end the day at negative stamina if your food is at 0.
I don't know if you're doing it on purpose or what, but you sound like you're arguing in bad faith. I never said you specifically needed to pour points into attack. The point I was making was that you'd either need to build for a mage or spread your points thin. I brought that up to compare how Abominations have no such restrictions on playstyle.

Same with the second point. I didn't say that you can't simply turn off the transformation and equip something else. I brought that up to highlight the fact that abomination skills are always available and remain useful/useable in those situations.

I don't know who's intelligence you're trying to insult. You expect people to try to eat a corpse while being attacked? If a corpse or two disappears, so what? You don't need to eat every corpse you make. Again, you seem to be under the impression that Abomination Lona is obligated to fight in melee range and get hit. This is simply not true. You get the option to.
And can totally take on multiple assailants simultaneously. WIthout any gear I might add. .
Tentacle whip isn't gear, has relatively high damage, can't be interrupted, and inflicts stun often. And it's not that Deep One Lona "can" without gear, she's required to. That's like saying a bicycle doesn't need gasoline.

I don't know how long you shop for, but traveling means encounters, and outside of Noer, you're very, very likely to run into hostile encounters while traveling. But if you're really worried about Noer specifically, you can kill the guards in the Fortune Teller's shop without losing morality. They're relatively weak and far enough apart that you don't have to worry about them ganging up on you.
I can't travel around in Noer without getting into negative stamina.
If you're letting yourself go into negative stamina, you are the problem.

While the shackle thing is useful, I don't know why you're pretending she can't simply eat or put more points into another stat. She's not an invalid, dude.

Also if you desiccate even once you are at -150 morality until you rest.
You're spelling desecrate wrong, and no you don't. It reverts after you exit to the overmap.

I wouldn't say having to eat a guy every days is "significantly harder". It's just an extra routine for a neat powerup. It sounds like your whole argument revolves around her need to eat people, which is a nonissue if you actively just eat people.
I'm using Deepone Lona as a measuring stick.
So what's the mention of the Beast supposed to be for then, decoration?
but it's still dangerous because you need to be positive stamina to desiccate so you can't end the day at negative stamina if your food is at 0.
You mean the things she can kill and desecrate don't drop meat? You're being ridiculous here.

Edit: You're also trivializing how much of a boon not having to eat that often is in a Doom run. You don't have to dump 10 points into Survival just to maintain a sustainable source of food/stamina recovery, and being able to cure Sick by desecrating a body means that you only need to worry about vomiting from eating bad/raw foods. And since you can't heal from resting in Doom, you also don't need to carry as much health potions, which makes melee much more survivable. Again, melee is optional.

Last edited:

Tektaara

Mar 15, 2021
So we can't openly complain about the government?
You can go around and kill the lower class almost as much as you like, and there's a repeatable quest where you get to kill them for living illegally in the sewers which also raises morality. Murdering middle class and higher, church dudes or government dudes gives much harsher punishments. No penalty for murdering the fortune teller for some reason. Only -2 when caught stealing from houses vs a whopping -25 when caught stealing from the bank.

Low morality locks you out of the game, low social credit score locks you out of society. Only difference is it's much easier to get it back up in the game.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: sonhot and Ferghus

Tektaara

Mar 15, 2021
High wis != magic. Sea witch and high wis go together, yet sea witch cannot equip anything in hands so no point in magic. Sea witch best suited for nympho with high wisdom and enough points in constitution. Abomination tentacle damage scales with attack, although there's enough left to benefit from for a mage. Body mods and tung flowers (pine forest) are very helpful dealing with stamina maximum.

Reactions: Ferghus

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
It's always the guys who accuse others of arguing in bad faith who are in fact arguing in bad faith.
Is this like an attempt to gaslight me or something? Because you literally argued against points I did not make, which I explain in the very next sentence.
and you turn it into "Beast is mentioned for decoration". If that's not someone arguing in bad faith I don't know what is.
You avoided the question initially and you're trying to make it seem like I said that for no reasons. But that's okay, I have receipts.
I can take out that giant in the Arena as Deepone Lona with only 40 stamina at level 15 while I couldn't with abom lona.
I also don't understand why you're using The Beast as a measuring stick
I'm using Deepone Lona as a measuring stick.
So what's the mention of the Beast supposed to be for then, decoration?
Deepone Lona can take out a really hard monster at early levels with trivial effort among other things.
Abom Lona cannot.
Therefore Abom Lona is inferior to Deepone Lona.
Therefore Abom Lona is not broken
He's not really hard to kill. I'm pretty sure most people can do it with a bow or traps. Obviously he dies a lot faster if you have higher stats, but literally anyone can kill him. Tektaara managed to even do it with a lantern. He's not even a good scale of measurement (a measuring stick, if you will) because honestly, half a dozen goblins are a much bigger threat than he is. I don't know how you came to the conclusion that killing the Beast somehow proves a race is or isn't broken because the Beast is just one very small part of the game.

I also couldn't help notice that you did not address my other counterpoints, especially how not having to eat or use consumables very often is extremely helpful for Doom playthroughs. It's as if your ability to kill the Beast is the only good point about playing Deep One Lona.

Aug 22, 2021
The existing game download seems to be already translated, though I still see some characters/dialogue are not.

Are the english translations on the main page pre-applied and incomplete, or are they meant to fill in for the untranslated parts?

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
The existing game download seems to be already translated, though I still see some characters/dialogue are not.

Are the english translations on the main page pre-applied and incomplete, or are they meant to fill in for the untranslated parts?
They are not pre-applied and are actually outdated. This one is a bit more updated and the guy doing the translation is still active on the thread if you run into any problems.

Reactions: TheOtherDragonborn

Baruda

Sep 19, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
We just kind of talking in circles at this point, so let's stop here. At least until more story is out.

If you want, we could try to talk about Maani, the bank teller that pops up in a couple of Cecily's questline. Despite being a slave, she's obviously very important, smart, perceptive, and skilled with a gun.
I mean, you pretty much listed all there is. There's just not a lot to go off of, here. She is probably Milo's slave. That's all i can think of.

What about "The Child"?

kylter

Jun 16, 2018
Sé que no es muy amigable con la tradición, pero logré cambiar el tono de piel y el color de cabello de Lona. Ahora es pálida y morena en mi juego, jaja. Creo que quedó bastante bien (también cambié los sprites).

Habiendo investigado bastante los archivos de gráficos, realmente me hizo apreciar cuánto trabajo se dedicó a este juego. La cantidad de complejidad en lo que respecta a las diferentes animaciones y la forma en que las imágenes se superponen es realmente impresionante. Lo das por sentado cuando juegas, pero revisar los archivos individualmente realmente te hace darte cuenta de cuánto esfuerzo debe haber invertido en todo.
[/CITA]
U I just downloaded the white skin mod my knowledge of mods is somewhat basic and now that I have to delete the images of the original game and put the new ones of the mod I tried and canvas disappeared, could someone help me

kylter

Jun 16, 2018
Acabo de descargar el mod de piel blanca mi conocimiento de mods es algo básico y ahora que tengo que borrar las imágenes del juego original y poner las nuevas del mod que probé y desapareció el lienzo, alguien podría ayudarme

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
I mean, you pretty much listed all there is. There's just not a lot to go off of, here. She is probably Milo's slave. That's all i can think of.

What about "The Child"?
"The Child"? We talking about the one-armed one-woman army or someone else?

4.10 star(s) 185 Votes