4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

UnagiGames

Oct 25, 2020
I would only choose Unity if you're going to implement minigames, because RenPy runs a lot smoother than the VN engine you're using for Unity right now (for me, at least). RenPy offers a lot of extra functionality out of the box (rollback, save, skip dialogue if you fancy a quick wank).

Dislikes:

- Slow text.
- No ability to save, so you have to start over.
- You can't rollback, so when you make a wrong choice it's the same story as in the sentence above.
- You can't skip text (not that I know of, at least), so you have to read through all slow moving sentences again.

- London is a very nice city, it's very interesting to build slice of life stories. I am curious what the dev will come up with.
- The art is great.
- The dialogue isn't boring.

This can be a great game, I can't wait for the next update where the dev hopefully fixed a few of the annoying things and added new content.

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Donor
Respected User
Aug 5, 2018
I would only choose Unity if you're going to implement minigames, because RenPy runs a lot smoother than the VN engine you're using for Unity right now (for me, at least). RenPy offers a lot of extra functionality out of the box (rollback, save, skip dialogue if you fancy a quick wank).

Dislikes:

- Slow text.
- No ability to save, so you have to start over.
- You can't rollback, so when you make a wrong choice it's the same story as in the sentence above.
- You can't skip text (not that I know of, at least), so you have to read through all slow moving sentences again.

- London is a very nice city, it's very interesting to build slice of life stories. I am curious what the dev will come up with.
- The art is great.
- The dialogue isn't boring.

This can be a great game, I can't wait for the next update where the dev hopefully fixed a few of the annoying things and added new content.
Check the changelog :cool:

pavaols

Oct 4, 2020
Enjoyable writing and art. But GPU utilization is near 100% and there's intermittent unresponsiveness, particularly during the bus scene.

EntityGames

Feb 19, 2021
Good feedback everyone. Thanks! We will address the loading/saving, as well as settings and text-speed in the next update, which should come in the next 7-15 days.

With regards to GPU utilization: We accidentally demanded "ultra" quality as default, which we now changed to "very low". So GPU utilization should be much lower in the next release. We can optimize that even further if this still poses problems after the next update, just let us know.

With regards to player height: Surprising feedback haha. We envision the protagonist to be ~6 foot or 182cm. Olivia happens to be tall and wear high heels (visible in the kitchen) hence she's taller. Vinny (not in this release) is also taller. Those are exceptions. Most of the women will be less tall than the protagonist.

Lastly let me add that Unity is significantly more powerful than RenPy which is why we opted for that. Adding special effects like background videos, particle effects, glow effects, physics, various animations, shaders, etc, would all not be possible in python/RenPy without significant effort. To be clear: We didn't use an existing Visual Novel Unity engine - instead we created our own engine with all dialogues powered by a turing-complete script language.

We're very excited about what the future has to bring. Stay tuned! :)

Cheers

Last edited:

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Donor
Respected User
Aug 5, 2018
Version 0.0.41 for Windows (Mac and Linux available on request). Changelog: Version 0.0.41:
- Added ability to pick your own name
- Added saving & loading screen
- Added settings screen
- Added requested setting: change text speed
- Added requested setting: change audio volume
- Added requested setting: switch between full-screen, borderless windowed and windowed
- Can now pick choices with keyboard too (keys 1-4)
- Added receiving of images via phone
- Added various phone text-conversations (to piss off the dudes from Olivia's phone)
- Added Vinny's Apartment (Hallway, Lounge, and Couch)
- Added Stoner Girl Romancing + Blowjow
- Fixed various "blinking" issues when fast-forwarding via fast-clicking or holding CTRL
- Fixed "slowness" in bus scene
Current NSFW in game: - Poppy's tits in bus scene
- Olivia nude pictures on her phone
- Olivia masturbating in the shower
- Stoner chick blowjob

dirtyscrote

Jun 14, 2017
Change the engine to renpy, give us the option to name the Mc, I think you're drawing the images, it'll be easier to develop in renpy trust me good luck with your game!
Renpy is great for a slide show with a few if else statements, shit for anything else, plus python is braindamage non typed white space as syntax insult incarnate to a semi competent programming language (only thing worse than python is PHP). Just because you could produce the mona lisa using wax crayons doesn't mean you should

Reactions: James Eveleth

zerozip0

May 23, 2018
the skip button still dont works for me holding it pressing it nothing
I tend to use the right ctrl button, but unfortunately it seems that only the left ctrl button works, not both of them.
I can echo what others have said. Rollback feature would be lovely, as well as a return to main menu.
As it is now you either have to save & load the game or close it and start over if you do not choose the right things in the bus...

Reactions: stal1234
4.00 star(s) 1 Vote