dovalacky

Nov 13, 2019
Belle has one of the best written code among all of the Ren'py games i've played.
I've been looking at a few games code as I learn better that way converting from what I already know. Belle's was the first that has had decent commenting and looked logical to me even though it's truly massive.

Plus the variables actually mean something rather than just "xxx1" with me ending up with a page of notes what each is related to.
I broke down and joined his Patreon just for that despite my hatred for it.

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Version 0.28.0 is now out for patrons and subscribers at and respectively.

This month's update brings us to the end of the Leanan Sídhe's story, finally answering the mystery behind who she is and what she's trying to accomplish. We also get a new scene with Belle, and the final puzzle piece needed for next month's update gets introduced.

This version features what I consider to be the best animations I've made for this game so far. I'm clearly still learning, after all this time.

With this out of the way, there's minimal story remaining before we head into the endgame. I'm excited. How about you?

Enjoy!

Changelog 0.28.0:
  • You can now return to see the Leanan Sídhe one final time.
  • Added a new scene with Belle.
  • It is now possible to obtain Perversity 5 without doing the night scenes.
  • If you threatened Nell, she will now cool down after a week. Note that you must ask for sex again for this countdown to begin.
  • If you keep giving Callie unwanted creampies, she will now eventually refuse to have sex with you.
  • The toggle perspective button no longer skips to the next line of dialogue (thanks to Morbil).
  • Belle will now give you a hint if you watch several of Callie's fashion shows without searching for clues.
  • If it is impossible to solve Primrose's dark secret in your save, you will now be informed of this when trying.
  • Made the hints Belle gives you on how to train Perversity show up earlier. Also clarified the dialogue to reduce confusion.
  • Various tweaks and fixes.

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Belle I believe I have a problem with save system since I can't see it since all my save thing disappear and even I start over the story again and when I saved it where the those save thing disappear it crash. I'm now worry that now I can't be able to play the next update.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Darwin-16.7.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Long Live the Princess 0.27.0

Please use spoiler for your errors, you just wasted half of a whole page for this error alone, try to save bandwidth ;)
Wed Feb 5 20:10:33 2020

MysteryCrabs

Dec 15, 2019
Hello Belle I believe I have a problem with save system since I can't see it since all my save thing disappear and even I start over the story again and when I saved it where the those save thing disappear it crash. I'm now worry that now I can't be able to play the next update.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.
That's not a code bug for the game, but an issue of where and how you are running it. It SHOULD save to $HOME/Library/RenPy/LongLiveThePrincess-1502893155 ... If your user is incapable of reading/writing to that folder, it will fail. Likewise, it won't be able to read any existing save files you have there

Reactions: Juan Sanchez

Juan Sanchez

Oct 26, 2017
That's not a code bug for the game, but an issue of where and how you are running it. It SHOULD save to $HOME/Library/RenPy/LongLiveThePrincess-1502893155 ... If your user is incapable of reading/writing to that folder, it will fail. Likewise, it won't be able to read any existing save files you have there
Oh I got you and thanks bro

4.60 star(s) 378 Votes