elmandor

Respected User
Mar 6, 2017
Yeah, this was a point of discussion at the beginning of this thread, and I took the feedback to heart so that I could appeal to both camps. The problem here is that someone is drawing conclusions based on pictures taken out of context. I would like even those people to enjoy the game if it doesn't hurt the story (and it doesn't), so I have no problem giving them what they want. But if they are just going to look at the pictures and draw faulty conclusions based on those, then... well, I'm not going to use any more brain cells on it.
Ok I'm trying to answer one last time. Because you started to offend me. I guess my english not enough to explain myself.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Zornk

Aug 18, 2017
To be fair though....its SUPER CLEAR AND OBVIOUS with multiple warnings that that path is fraught with danger, shouldnt pose too much of a hindrance to avoid it

Reactions: Belle

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Ok I'm trying to answer one last time. Because you started to offend me. I guess my english not enough to explain myself.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Well, that's a weird attitude to have. I can't claim I understand it in the slightest, but it's your choice to make. I'm sorry you feel that way, mostly because it hurts you in the long run, as you have clearly demonstrated here. I hope you find another game that you'll enjoy instead, because Long Live the Princess would never have qualified against your requirements.

Reactions: elmandor

dedi33

Jan 27, 2018
At first there aren't any fairies existed in Middle Ages (or in human history) at all. And they simply can't exist without magic. I mean - real magic, messing with most of physics laws know to us, not something quick&dirty. So we here have already quite different world from our history :)
Yeah but thats not a good argument I think. I m not speaking about magical but about puting something of our today world to an middle ages world like that, even if its a fantasy world. I m not against trying new things but for example would you like to see someone with a mobile phone in LOTR or GOT ? They tried that kind of mix in Final Fantasy but sometimes i think things dont go together..

At second feys in fairy tales are described as having a lot of very different (mentally and physically) sub-races and even extreme sexual dimorphism under long-term rule of immortal (or almost immortal) kings/queens. So conception of racism should be at least understandable by them.
Of course there are races, especially in heroic fantasy arts but the concept of racism, and the way Belle is using it is another thing...

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
i haven’t played the new update yet, but what’s the point of free expression of speech and art if it doesn’t provoke response both positive and negative?

i can think of some scenes and direction in other games i’ve played here that i didn’t necessarily agree with and thought could have been done better but you know what, it was the developers vision and direction they wanted to go.

i agree that looking at the images and drawing conclusions based on that before the actual gameplay is premature and can lead to misunderstanding. but also a good thing that we are discussing this in more detail to gain a better understanding, even if at the end of the day we still don’t agree.

N1K17Y

Jun 12, 2017
Yeah but thats not a good argument I think. I m not speaking about magical but about puting something of our today world to an middle ages world like that, even if its a fantasy world. I m not against trying news things but for example would you like to see someone with a mobile in LOTR or GOT ? They tried that kind of mix in Final Fantasy but sometimes i think things dont go together..

Of course there are races, especially in heroic fantasy arts but the concept of racism, and the way Belle is using it is another thing...
i might have missed something but racism in medieval fantasy games (when there are races like elfs, dwarfes is not uncommon. And im talking about AAA games, dragon age (the elfs i think were hated) the witcher, probably a lot more that you and i both know, and even more that we havent heard exist, its a popular genre after all
as for the panties, well first its ridiculous to compare underwear to modern technology as phones. good looking underwear is not THAT absurd concept to exist in a fantasy medieval world. and after all this is "also" adult/erotic game

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
About the underwear thing, keep in mind that I'm also at the mercy of asset creators. If nobody has bothered to create realistic medieval underwear, then there's not really much I can do since I'm not a 3D modeler myself. There's a lot of sexy underwear in general out there though, and I like choice, both for myself and for my players.

dedi33

Jan 27, 2018
i might have missed something but racism in medieval fantasy games (when there are races like elfs, dwarfes is not uncommon. And im talking about AAA games, dragon age (the elfs i think were hated) the witcher, probably a lot more that you and i both know, and even more that we havent heard exist, its a popular genre after all
as for the panties, well first its ridiculous to compare underwear to modern technology as phones. good looking underwear is not THAT absurd concept to exist in a fantasy medieval world. and after all this is "also" adult/erotic game
Yeah maybe the phone example was a bit too much ;) but you know what I mean. Also racism in medieval fantasy may exist but not as something bad, or something you should be ashamed of...

4.60 star(s) 376 Votes