Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Also, wuuuuuuut that's probably the last of its kind? Please tell me that's not true! That shatters my evil lord dreams of lust and depravity!
That scene (or rather, those scenes) doesn't cover a fetish I'm particularly interested in myself, so I'm not going to go out of my way to include stuff like that in the future. It is part of this update because it was the only logical path for the story to take at this juncture.

I use the choices made by the player at the start of scenes like this to shape the story. If the player goes along with the scene, then that aspect of the story is strengthened since I assume the player is into it. If the player doesn't go along with it, then that aspect is eliminated altogether because I know the player doesn't want any part of that kind of thing, and I instead build up the aspects that I expect such players to enjoy. That's the irony of the whole thing. Players like elmandor gets a chance to reinforce what he likes in the game, but by not even giving the update a chance to begin with, he'll never even realize it and instead thinks he's being forced into content he's opposed to. That's as far from what I'm trying to achieve here as you can get.

I was kind of nervous before releasing this update because I expected some people would draw all the wrong conclusions from that scene. Apparently, I was right.

dedi33

Jan 27, 2018
I played like 20 min and there are already 2 things which annoy me and I want to mention it cuz i think it s important. I hope it won t bother you.. There are some anachronisms like the thong the library girl is wearing... and also the fact Belle talks about racism which is not a concept which exists during Middle Ages..

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
I played like 20 min and there are already 2 things which annoy me and I want to mention it cuz i think it s important. I hope it won t bother you.. There are some anachronisms like the thong the library girl is wearing... and also the fact Belle talks about racism which is not a concept which matters during Middle Ages..
Don't let it bother you. I wrote a lengthy post to my patrons back at the beginning of this project explaining the whole underwear thing. Basically, I went with somewhat more modern underwear because limiting all the girls to realistic medieval underwear would frankly be a little boring and not all that sexy. It's a fantasy setting anyway, so it doesn't have to be that realistic. I mean, look at something like Game of Thrones (or A Song of Ice and Fire, if you prefer). Aspects of that setting, such as their level of medicine, are also extremely anachronistic, but that's okay because it supports the story they try to tell. Also, the whole underwear thing is going to come back as part of the plot at some point. There is more to it. :)

As for the racism thing, that's just Belle. She is a walking (flying?) anachronism on purpose.

Reactions: UncleVT

dedi33

Jan 27, 2018
Don't let it bother you. I wrote a lengthy post to my patrons back at the beginning of this project explaining the whole underwear thing. Basically, I went with somewhat more modern underwear because limiting all the girls to realistic medieval underwear would frankly be a little boring and not all that sexy. It's a fantasy setting anyway, so it doesn't have to be that realistic. I mean, look at something like Game of Thrones (or A Song of Ice and Fire, if you prefer). Aspects of that setting, such as their level of medicine, are also extremely anachronistic, but that's okay because it supports the story they try to tell. Also, the whole underwear thing is going to come back as part of the plot at some point. There is more to it. :)

As for the racism thing, that's just Belle. She is a walking (flying?) anachronism on purpose.
Thank s for this fast reply. I understand your point of view but I still would have prefered it without those voluntary anachronisms. It s just my opinion but I think it breaks the immersion, and I also think a middle Ages panties can be arousing : sometimes the less you show, the more you imagine and the more it s exciting ;)

Memorin

Sep 6, 2017
You gave them a choice, they chose to go out ungracefully. What can you do?

I can go on a rant about freedom of choice and how fiction is separate from reality and that in this particular case hating that scenario makes LITTLE sense (in fact, technically speaking that doesn't really exist because no one should be treated as another person's object), so much so that I think that it's a pure troll post meant to hurt you more than anything substantial, but instead I'll summarize it in one short paragraph like this.

rick87

Jul 16, 2017
That scene (or rather, those scenes) doesn't cover a fetish I'm particularly interested in myself, so I'm not going to go out of my way to include stuff like that in the future. It is part of this update because it was the only logical path for the story to take at this juncture.

I use the choices made by the player at the start of scenes like this to shape the story. If the player goes along with the scene, then that aspect of the story is strengthened since I assume the player is into it. If the player doesn't go along with it, then that aspect is eliminated altogether because I know the player doesn't want any part of that kind of thing, and I instead build up the aspects that I expect such players to enjoy. That's the irony of the whole thing. Players like elmandor gets a chance to reinforce what he likes in the game, but by not even giving the update a chance to begin with, he'll never even realize it and instead thinks he's being forced into content he's opposed to. That's as far from what I'm trying to achieve here as you can get.

I was kind of nervous before releasing this update because I expected some people would draw all the wrong conclusions from that scene. Apparently, I was right.
you are underestimating the issue. for certain players, and i don't really understand what crosses their minds but i can report what i have read in this forum on multiple threads, just the knowledge that a female character they like will be somehow involved in sex with males other than the MC makes her somehow stained and precludes them from enjoying the game.
i suggest you just ignore those players all together cause they are impossible to satisfy while creating a good story for your game.

Reactions: Hyped

Djd3

Jun 7, 2017
Soo, i haven't played the game yet and i was reading comments here and there to get an idea about what is game is all about.
Apparently there is a scene with a kink that's making everyone having their period of the month, can someone tell what's this game genre? And most important is there any ntr stuff that is avoidable (if in the game).

Reactions: User #19006

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
you are underestimating the issue. for certain players, and i don't really understand what crosses their minds but i can report what i have read in this forum on multiple threads, just the knowledge that a female character they like will be somehow involved in sex with males other than the MC makes her somehow stained and precludes them from enjoying the game.
i suggest you just ignore those players all together cause they are impossible to satisfy while creating a good story for your game.
Yeah, this was a point of discussion at the beginning of this thread, and I took the feedback to heart so that I could appeal to both camps. The problem here is that someone is drawing conclusions based on pictures taken out of context. I would like even those people to enjoy the game if it doesn't hurt the story (and it doesn't), so I have no problem giving them what they want. But if they are just going to look at the pictures and draw faulty conclusions based on those, then... well, I'm not going to use any more brain cells on it.

Reactions: UncleVT

Demiare

Sep 16, 2016
and also the fact Belle talks about racism which is not a concept which exists during Middle Ages..
I'm always like realism in games / fiction and always insist a bit on it, but here ... Are you speaking seriously or simply trolling Belle? :( For a second - you're speaking about fey, not a human.

At first there aren't any fairies existed in Middle Ages (or in human history) at all. And they simply can't exist without magic. I mean - real magic, messing with most of physics laws know to us, not something quick&dirty. So we here have already quite different world from our history :)

At second feys in fairy tales are described as having a lot of very different (mentally and physically) sub-races and even extreme sexual dimorphism under long-term rule of immortal (or almost immortal) kings/queens. So conception of racism should be at least understandable by them.

P.S. Cmon, fairy even "lol" once. It's very oblivious that she's 100% far away from ordinary world of this game. Well, quite literally - she's a fairy after all.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Soo, i haven't played the game yet and i was reading comments here and there to get an idea about what is game is all about.
Apparently there is a scene with a kink that's making everyone having their period of the month, can someone tell what's this game genre? And most important is there any ntr stuff that is avoidable (if in the game).
I'll put the answer in spoiler tags for those that absolutely don't want to know.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

nfsc

Sep 30, 2017
the sister twist in the 0.6 update is sooo sick. this game is indeed turning into the best one i've ever played, cant even imagine how awesome its gonna be with all the future scenes :eazyHype:
also hope OP wont be influenced by braindead ppl complaining about ACTUAL REALISM and ability to be cucked or not, based on YOUR OWN decision, lol

Demiare

Sep 16, 2016
I'll put the answer in spoiler tags for those that absolutely don't want to know.
Aren't you feeling that if you'd posted this from a start, together with 0.6 release - there will be much less shock and hatred here? Because at least it's seems that several+ peoples believed into joke about sex with Crone. :closedeyesmile:

215303j

Version 0.6.0 . Because it features the first appearance of branching paths and actual consequences for your choices, make sure you save at the beginning if you want to see everything.
Fantastic! Downloading!

4.60 star(s) 376 Votes