Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
So we're talkin' vodka and no one shares their favorite brands? For shame. A buddy of mine turned me on to Luksusowa a while back, and while Polish potato vodkas often have a bad reputation, it's pretty hard to beat at the price point. Price has been creeping up over the years, to the point that it's 50% more than it was 4ish years ago (though what isn't?), but people seem to have caught on because it's sold out often where I am. Had to switch to Wheatley, which is fine.

As an aside, Tito's is dogass and Kirkland's yabba dabba doo bottle of American corn liquor that they're calling vodka is just as good (if not better) for half the price. The French is slightly better, though more expensive, but I'm not enough of a savage to pound straight vodka so it all comes out in the wash.
It goes down smoother if you keep it chilled. (y)

The scene with MC drinking vodka with Larisa is as real as it gets if you drink with Russians. You can use a anything you want as a chaser, but they will give you the stink eye if you mix it. Especially if you're a big American. ;)
I learned to drink it straight rather than deal with the smirking.

Luksusowa is really good for the price. We had a bottle of it on every table for my stepdaughter's wedding. (We bought six cases, and it was the cheapest vodka we could find at the time that you could drink straight).

Kettle One (Dutch vodka) is good but it is pricey. Not as high as Grey Goose but tastes the same to me.

If you can find it, Russian Standard is probably the best cheap vodka hands down. A lot of liquor store stopped carrying it after the invasion. We keep a 750 ml in the freezer at all times.

One that I recommend that you never drink even if you can find it is, "Black Death Vodka" it comes in a black 12 oz pop top can with a skull wearing a top hat on it. It's supposed to be a premium vodka, but it is better suited to use as paint stripper as far as I'm concerned. :sick:

I don't drink much vodka anymore unless friends or family come over.

These days, I'd rather sip on my Hendrick's Gin (Silky smooth Scottish Gin) :cool:(y)

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023

The scene with MC drinking vodka with Larisa is as real as it gets if you drink with Russians. You can use a anything you want as a chaser, but they will give you the stink eye if you mix it. Especially if you're a big American. ;)

Luksusowa is really good for the price. We had a bottle of it on every table for my stepdaughter's wedding. (We bought six cases, and it was the cheapest vodka we could find at the time that you could drink straight).

Kettle One (Dutch vodka) is good but it is pricey. Not as high as Grey Goose but tastes the same to me.

If you can find it, Russian Standard is probably the best cheap vodka hands down. A lot of liquor store stopped carrying it after the invasion. We keep a 750 ml in the freezer at all times.

One that I recommend that you never drink even if you can find it is, "Black Death Vodka" it comes in a black 12 oz pop top can with a skull wearing a top hat on it. It's supposed to be a premium vodka, but it is better suited to use as paint stripper as far as I'm concerned. :sick:

These days, I'd rather sip on my Hendrick's Gin (Silky smooth Scottish Gin) :cool:(y)
heh kettle one is the vodka im used to its the standerd for me (probably because im dutch)
but all in all im not a big drinker my go to drink would be whisky then again a cold beer after a long day off work on a hot day is always great (note again that dutch beer is probably better then the americans and no not talking about heineken)

Reactions: Dimitri57

Skep-tiker

Oct 11, 2023

I restocked some bottles of Żubrówka in Poland. You should try it if you haven't yet..

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
I see the cleaning lady visiting here soon :)
Why?

We've been discussing the scene where MC is drinking with others, and how it was being done in a very Russian way, right Dimitri57? So very on point.

We've also explored how the scene speaks to each of us - how our lives parallel the VN and how our present cultures and the cultures of our ancestors may influence any differences or similarities between the two. Now, since I'm not actually drinking with others and doing shots, I'll just go back to finishing off the bottle of Fume Blanc I opened up with my supper (a concoction with chicken, mushrooms, rice and LOTS of butter involved in the cooking) that paired nicely with it. ;):LOL:

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021

when I was in my late teens I got horribly drunk on some cheap vodka during a festival, blacked out, then puked all over my tent. I'm good with most forms of alcohol but can't stand vodka since then :ROFLMAO: I'll just stick to whiskey.

• Haha

divingmedic

Aug 15, 2023
when I was in my late teens I got horribly drunk on some cheap vodka during a festival, blacked out, then puked all over my tent. I'm good with most forms of alcohol but can't stand vodka since then :ROFLMAO: I'll just stick to whiskey.
Wild Turkey 101 was my first really horrible drinking episode. So all whiskeys are no go for me. I've tried all kinds of vodka even the "high" end ones, they all taste like gasoline to me. Love me some good rum though.

Issikka

Jan 27, 2022
Wild Turkey 101 was my first really horrible drinking episode. So all whiskeys are no go for me. I've tried all kinds of vodka even the "high" end ones, they all taste like gasoline to me. Love me some good rum though.
My first really bad one was Everclear 95%/190 proof mixed as if it was regular vodka, got a bleeding ulcer and had to not drink alcohol for a long time afterwards.

uamkt

Mar 3, 2020
My first really bad one was Everclear 95%/190 proof mixed as if it was regular vodka, got a bleeding ulcer and had to not drink alcohol for a long time afterwards.
had assholes who subed my rumpy shot with everclear one...that was nasty

Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
I went to a friend's B'day party that was held at a local hotel. They had a 30-gallon trashcan full of Everclear and Hawaiian punch. I was slamming them down like it was Kool-Aid. Next thing I remember is being carried out to my car. I can still remember the look of disgust on the face of the night desk clerk as I painted the lobby floor with red foamy puke... :p

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
I went to a friend's B'day party that was held at a local hotel. They had a 30-gallon trashcan full of Everclear and Hawaiian punch. I was slamming them down like it was Kool-Aid. Next thing I remember is being carried out to my car. I can still remember the look of disgust on the face of the night desk clerk as I painted the lobby floor with red foamy puke... :p
I would like to say, "I would have loved to see that." But, no... I'm really, really glad I didn't. Jus' Sayin':cool:

Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
Straight out of the freezer and thick as cough syrup, yep.
With a hunk of rye bread, my friend from Archangelsk told me anything else was "frou frou." :sneaky:
Anyone from Siberia would know! I've seen some hard-core drinkers that have black rye bread but don't take a bite of it and only sniff the bread as a chaser. I'd say what body part I've seen people sniff when they don't have a chaser, but ohhiimfox will think I'm bullshitting again! :ROFLMAO:

4.40 star(s) 123 Votes