Votes: 968 7.8%
  • Fat Joe

Votes: 1,148 9.3%

• Total voters

Finuee

Gorehound Gal
Game Developer
Sep 14, 2022
we do agree that a part time dev CHOOSES to spend their free time making a game. the upside is that when they complete work, they can sell it for profit, its a smart way for someone interested in game development to spend spare time imo, the amount is subject to success as is anything in entertainment. this all just circles back to the start where i said the current patrion model is an issue. if devs, especially part timers sold completed work, even by chapter, they wouldnt need to feel pressure to work x amount of hours, communicate status, or neglect family (not that i recall saying they should).
That is true, and I agree on how the sub model promotes milking. But the other model, delivering only finished games for sale, would also mean there would be way way way less games out there. I mean, with that model, every single game that is still a work in progress would not be available until it was finished and was sellable. Now consider all the games you follow, and imagine that each one of them that's still a wip was not available. Including this one. How many games would you be left with?

Not meaning to antagonize here, just trying to look at the pros and cons. Because I hate subscription models on principle, but I also acknowledge that Patreon, SubscribeStar and similar have allowed lots of people to create games, who wouldn't have otherwise.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 7, 2022
The thing about the subscription model is... anyone can choose to stop supporting when they're unhappy. They can also choose to adjust how much they support. You mention full-time pay for part-time work... how do you determine that? If they work at least 40 hours a week on their job that pays the bills... and then use their free-time to work on games, while also spending time with their families as not to neglect them... I mean, how much time a day do you expect a part-time/hobby dev to spend on a game?
I always felt like using the word hobby is inappropriate in any context where someone is getting paid for something. No, the states aren't mutually exclusive, but as chuck detailed above far too many devs use this as a folksy fallback.

The issue with treating this as a purely liberatarian contract (customer chooses how much to pay, dev chooses how much to work) - is the information gap between the two parties often exploited on the dev end. It's often in their interests to misrepresent the state of development, and indeed we often see this in practice - teaser posts trying to keep attention in lieu of real game content.

To go back on topic for this game, while I certainly wouldn't put ttrick in the same category as such famous milkers as the big bro/bad bobby/and all their remakes, I think he does a disservice by treating it as a casual project yet simultaneously acting very proprietous.

Reactions: chuck69

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I always felt like using the word hobby is inappropriate in any context where someone is getting paid for something. No, the states aren't mutually exclusive, but as chuck detailed above far too many devs use this as a folksy fallback.

The issue with treating this as a purely liberatarian contract (customer chooses how much to pay, dev chooses how much to work) - is the information gap between the two parties often exploited on the dev end. It's often in their interests to misrepresent the state of development, and indeed we often see this in practice - teaser posts trying to keep attention in lieu of real game content.

To go back on topic for this game, while I certainly wouldn't put ttrick in the same category as such famous milkers as the big bro/bad bobby/and all their remakes, I think he does a disservice by treating it as a casual project yet simultaneously acting very proprietous.
This conversations a bit complicated for me Johnny so, let's talk about more sexy thinks like hoping Chris ruins Ann's pussy so she can't feel me for a week.

Finuee

Gorehound Gal
Game Developer
Sep 14, 2022
This conversations a bit complicated for me Johnny so, let's talk about more sexy thinks like hoping Chris ruins Ann's pussy so she can't feel me for a week.
Damn, now that's some life goals right there! :LUL:

Edited to add: Oh, you got your old avatar back, Joshy92 ?

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Joshy92

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021

When I use the term "hobby", I use that more for devs who are mostly doing it for fun. The subscription model supports both hobbyists and those who are trying to start a serious business. Patreon, for example, will list what benefits you receive at each tier. Things like a role on discord, access to monthly renders, status updates, etc. That is what you get for your money. Each person that subscribes should understand fully well that it's no guarantee for a completed project.

I also wouldn't say TTrick treats it as a casual project.

Reactions: MisterKr and Finuee

Pr0GamerJohnny

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 7, 2022
When I use the term "hobby", I use that more for devs who are mostly doing it for fun. The subscription model supports both hobbyists and those who are trying to start a serious business. Patreon, for example, will list what benefits you receive at each tier. Things like a role on discord, access to monthly renders, status updates, etc. That is what you get for your money. Each person that subscribes should understand fully well that it's no guarantee for a completed project.

I also wouldn't say TTrick treats it as a casual project.
I'm saying the very act of accepting money for anything carries an implication of production or service, regardless of how one disclaims it.

Anyways ttrick is hardly the most egregious, so I'll go back to talking about how I want an Alex event where she fucks and sucks MC until he's chafed for a full weekend. o_O

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
I'm saying the very act of accepting money for anything carries an implication of production or service, regardless of how one disclaims it.

Anyways ttrick is hardly the most egregious, so I'll go back to talking about how I want an Alex event where she fucks and sucks MC until he's chafed for a full weekend.
lol fair enough

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021

Anyways ttrick is hardly the most egregious, so I'll go back to talking about how I want an Alex event where she fucks and sucks MC until he's chafed for a full weekend. o_O
Oh boy if Ann lets me, I'll be all over Alex.

4.50 star(s) 175 Votes