Votes: 968 7.8%
  • Fat Joe

Votes: 1,148 9.3%

• Total voters

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
ttricks definitely good at this, and i really hope he gets enough support to go full time after the release. if thats not the case, i hope he considers bringing in help. this games far too good to have people losing interest due to extreme dev cycles. i really want him to succeed. anyways, thanks for the info, lab.
The chances of him letting someone else do renders is probably absolute 0 and that's what takes the most time. If the game were to take off and he could quit his normal job, then we'd likely see faster releases. Few devs get that kind of support, though, sadly.

Dogorti

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2021
Thanks to the fact that people prefer to support the same 2 vanilla slop games before giving something slightly different a chance.

Reactions: Finuee

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
honestly I don't support any big time devs, for sure DPC and the likes don't need even more. I'd rather send my money the way of those that actually need it.

Reactions: Aristos

Dogorti

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2021
honestly I don't support any big time devs, for sure DPC and the likes don't need even more. I'd rather send my money the way of those that actually need it.
Yeah same, sadly the mainstream public only likes college themed games that are vanilla, you go to the largest forum on reddit about avns and they always talk about the same 3 popular games. And they see something that is moderately non-vanilla and they get scared. Really annoying imo.

Reactions: Finuee and Elduriel

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
There are a few devs I would support but I typically only choose to support through steam for now, might start to do Itch as well but never bought from them so unsure what they are like when it comes to downloading games. But there are times I feel bad about not supporting a few from time to time that I might eventually do it at least for updates but not a fan of patron and SS vs steam if I had more money I would probably do it for sure.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
There are a few devs I would support but I typically only choose to support through steam for now, might start to do Itch as well but never bought from them so unsure what they are like when it comes to downloading games. But there are times I feel bad about not supporting a few from time to time that I might eventually do it at least for updates but not a fan of patron and SS vs steam if I had more money I would probably do it for sure.
yeah, I also buy them on steam when the release model is to my liking . But if they do the seasonal release or dlc or whatever then it's a no for me. I'd rather sub for a month on patreon when a new update is out.

Reactions: chuck69

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Yeah same, sadly the mainstream public only likes college themed games that are vanilla, you go to the largest forum on reddit about avns and they always talk about the same 3 popular games. And they see something that is moderately non-vanilla and they get scared. Really annoying imo.
don't get me started on reddit, and especially their "contests"... always the same fucking 5 games in every category, it's driving me nuts

Reactions: Dogorti

chuck69

Apr 9, 2023
tbh, i feel like the patrion model incentivizes "do less, get more" theres no need to develop work efficiency, partnerships, or anything that could speed up dev cycles without dropping quality. under this system, if i put myself in a devs shoes, all of that is bad, and not worth the time or effort. thats why i agree with those that buy from steam, or only sub for the month of a release.
to be clear, im not taking a shot at ttrick, we are watching times extend all over the place. on that note, i dont want to get too off topic so.....DAAAMN my "roommate" has a great ass. you can only tease a man so much ttrick, give us emily, and no one gets hurt! lol

Pr0GamerJohnny

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 7, 2022
*mainstream public that current consumes these games. I genuinely believe the real world public has a much greater variety of sexual tastes - and that would extend to adult games they would play. Unfortunately, this market seems to be stuck in the current demographic - meaning the "REEE NTR REEE?" types (and others). Which is why I'm all for modernizing and popularizing adult games to a broader audience; itll be good for everyone except the harem ree rees. (well incest fans might suffer too :sneaky:)
tbh, i feel like the patrion model incentivizes "do less, get more" theres no need to develop work efficiency, partnerships, or anything that could speed up dev cycles without dropping quality. under this system, if i put myself in a devs shoes, all of that is bad, and not worth the time or effort. thats why i agree with those that buy from steam, or only sub for the month of a release.
to be clear, im not taking a shot at ttrick, we are watching times extend all over the place. on that note, i dont want to get too off topic so.....DAAAMN my "roommate" has a great ass. you can only tease a man so much ttrick, give us emily, and no one gets hurt! lol
100% - I think the model you mentioned paired with a demographic who's already inclined to be a loner; that extends to being resistent towards partnerships, group projects, etc - but all those things raise the probability of projects falling through. If anyone doesn't understand why this is relevant - imagine a real world business who said "we're going to put the entire success of our business on one guy. And no matter how many customers we get, we will never grow our team, it will all be up to one guy". Shocker then things so often go tits up.

MORE ON TOPIC: Emily (roommate to you, sister to others "girlfriend" to me :LOL: ) has fantastic butt, second only to her upper half! Can't wait for more progression with her.

Reactions: chuck69

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
I don't agree in that once a person's reputation is ruined, it's difficult to come back from that. So the incentive is to keep existing and bring in more subscribers by providing new content. Of course, not all subscribers actively monitor who they are subbing to. But I do. As soon as I feel uncomfortable by the level of communication or lack of content, I'll unsub. I wish more people would approach Patreon, SubStar, etc. with that mindset.

Reactions: Demnor

Demnor

Apr 12, 2020
Same here. Currently supporting 9 devs (used to be about 15) totaling around $102/mo. Much rather the small devs get my money.
Same here, I am currently supportin 19 devs, it's a bit much. But I do not want to cut anyone of them loose. None of them are that big and like every other supporter you hope you're making a difference.

I also try to back on SubscribeStar if possible, better for the creative freedom of the devs.

Last edited:

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Same here, I am currently supportin 19 devs, it's a bit much. But I do not want to cut anyone of them loose. None of them are that big and like every other supporter you hope you're making a difference.
That's exactly how I look at it. For the smaller devs, every sub counts. And I know it means a lot to them. They are happy that people enjoy their game so much that they'd pay money regularly to support them.

A lot of that gets lost in the crowd that thinks everyone is milking and shit. There are milkers out there definitely. But not every dev that can't deliver on shorter intervals because they have families and jobs/careers is a milker.

Reactions: xapican and Demnor

pantil

Apr 21, 2019
Incest fans have been suffering for a long time due to Patreon and its rules, the cool thing about incest was taboo, the wrong thing is to see them fall into desire and then regret it and feel guilty, now it's all superficial, MC and Emily's relationship is very superficial. I prefer a roommate.

It's good to see vanilla NTR where the bull threatens his wife with a piece of paper that he's going to publish and end the marriage unless she has oral sex in the bathroom (but it was just a list of the bull's market), but now he has the video and it starts by corrupting the wife who at first feels all guilty because she loves her husband and in the end she just wants to fuck him until her ass is pouting.

Harem I love some, but most of them are rubbish, there are a bunch of identical girls that the MC will only meet twice in the game, once when he meets them and once at the end of the game.

chuck69

Apr 9, 2023
I don't agree in that once a person's reputation is ruined, it's difficult to come back from that. So the incentive is to keep existing and bring in more subscribers by providing new content. Of course, not all subscribers actively monitor who they are subbing to. But I do. As soon as I feel uncomfortable by the level of communication or lack of content, I'll unsub. I wish more people would approach Patreon, SubStar, etc. with that mindset.
not long ago i would have agreed, but consumers in general have gotten stupid. idiots will sleep in a parking lot for the chance to be the first dumbfuck with a new i phone, which is just like the last 1 "but bro, smaller bezel, and new case color!" lol.

while i wish what you said was true, unfortunately, (especially in the avn community) it doesnt seem to matter how bad your rep gets, just drop a couple good renders and the simps come running back. if you look at it objectivly, your own assessment of who deserves support would put our boy ttrick in the crosshairs, due to extreme dev cycles, and lack of communication. (just being honest, ttrick rarely gives info beyond "check out these tits")

A lot of that gets lost in the crowd that thinks everyone is milking and shit. There are milkers out there definitely. But not every dev that can't deliver on shorter intervals because they have families and jobs/careers is a milker.
as i said before, the patrion model is a big issue with avn's. getting paid for completed work removes the milker cries from unreasonable consumers, and the "but im only a part timer" rebuttle from devs who want full time pay for part time work. both sides of the same bullshit coin. the best thing for reasonable/honest consumers/devs, is to pay for completed work.

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
not long ago i would have agreed, but consumers in general have gotten stupid. idiots will sleep in a parking lot for the chance to be the first dumbfuck with a new i phone, which is just like the last 1 "but bro, smaller bezel, and new case color!" lol.

while i wish what you said was true, unfortunately, (especially in the avn community) it doesnt seem to matter how bad your rep gets, just drop a couple good renders and the simps come running back. if you look at it objectivly, your own assessment of who deserves support would put our boy ttrick in the crosshairs, due to extreme dev cycles, and lack of communication. (just being honest, ttrick rarely gives info beyond "check out these tits")
I do agree that consumers, in general, have become pretty stupid. I also acknowledge what you're referring to in terms of "dropping a few good renders". I'm sure we can both think of a few names of devs who are notorious for that and the simps keep simpin'.

As for TTrick, I understand how it can look for some. I talk with him quite frequently.. I know things that are going on in his personal life, and he knows what's going on in mine. Though, I don't think people can fault him for lack of communication. He does post when he has things worthy of posting. And he also pauses payments when he's unable to work on an update due to life commitments. Unlike those milky devs, he doesn't accept payment when he's not working on the game.

as i said before, the patrion model is a big issue with avn's. getting paid for completed work removes the milker cries from unreasonable consumers, and the "but im only a part timer" rebuttle from devs who want full time pay for part time work. both sides of the same bullshit coin. the best thing for reasonable/honest consumers/devs, is to pay for completed work.
The thing about the subscription model is... anyone can choose to stop supporting when they're unhappy. They can also choose to adjust how much they support. You mention full-time pay for part-time work... how do you determine that? If they work at least 40 hours a week on their job that pays the bills... and then use their free-time to work on games, while also spending time with their families as not to neglect them... I mean, how much time a day do you expect a part-time/hobby dev to spend on a game? Do you think a few hundred dollars a month that some devs get will allow them to buy groceries and pay their rent, among other expenses? Even devs that get a couple thousand dollars a month... Apartments where I live can be low-end $1,400/mo to over $5,000/mo, depending on number of rooms, location, etc.

chuck69

Apr 9, 2023
I do agree that consumers, in general, have become pretty stupid. I also acknowledge what you're referring to in terms of "dropping a few good renders". I'm sure we can both think of a few names of devs who are notorious for that and the simps keep simpin'.

As for TTrick, I understand how it can look for some. I talk with him quite frequently.. I know things that are going on in his personal life, and he knows what's going on in mine. Though, I don't think people can fault him for lack of communication. He does post when he has things worthy of posting. And he also pauses payments when he's unable to work on an update due to life commitments. Unlike those milky devs, he doesn't accept payment when he's not working on the game.

The thing about the subscription model is... anyone can choose to stop supporting when they're unhappy. They can also choose to adjust how much they support. You mention full-time pay for part-time work... how do you determine that? If they work at least 40 hours a week on their job that pays the bills... and then use their free-time to work on games, while also spending time with their families as not to neglect them... I mean, how much time a day do you expect a part-time/hobby dev to spend on a game? Do you think a few hundred dollars a month that some devs get will allow them to buy groceries and pay their rent, among other expenses? Even devs that get a couple thousand dollars a month... Apartments where I live can be low-end $1,400/mo to over $5,000/mo, depending on number of rooms, location, etc.
i only brought up the communication because it was 1 of the reasons you gave to remove support from a dev. i think info other than what the girls tits look like today is rare from him, maybe im just nosy, its also possible that you having a lot of access to info on game development is making you bias on the matter in this case. hes your friend, this is surely an agree to disagree situation.

yes, im aware that people can unsub anytime. theres too much to unpack on the subject so ill just advise you to look into things like why big business is such a big fan of sub platforms. the short version is that many people are too stupid to do the math/ keep track, and it leads to paying more, much more. if a aaa game asked you to pay thousands for a copy, youd tell them to get fucked, but not if its an indy on patrion?

we do agree that a part time dev CHOOSES to spend their free time making a game. the upside is that when they complete work, they can sell it for profit, its a smart way for someone interested in game development to spend spare time imo, the amount is subject to success as is anything in entertainment. this all just circles back to the start where i said the current patrion model is an issue. if devs, especially part timers sold completed work, even by chapter, they wouldnt need to feel pressure to work x amount of hours, communicate status, or neglect family (not that i recall saying they should). anyways, we probably shouldnt keep the convo going here, respond in pm if you wish. and thank you for the wealth of knowelege you freely give here often. cheers, lab

4.50 star(s) 175 Votes