VN Ren'Py Completed Long Way Home [v1.0] [Mystic]

3.50 star(s) 2 Votes

Balpheron

Jun 1, 2020
Yeah I mean that's how I'm used on doing things with my interactive fictions (books/games). And I simply decided to apply the same method if not similar here if I can.

And honestly, whilst this is NOT the most important, I'd stile like to mention that I have 0 Patreons(what I have comes from my books)from anything related to this, and that is fine. I released it here as a free stuff and I delivered the rest of it as fast as I could. I didn't stop just because I had zero earnings or a fan base. What mattered to me when I started this is that I finish it, and I finished it.

In my mind I just held up to what I promised myself, and that's what matters to me PERSONALLY.

But yeah I must admit that it kind ticks me off sometimes seeing comments like this, I mean I understand everyone has their opinion and I respect that. But the entire thing is free, you have ten thousand games around here and half of them are simple milking and 0 delivery.

Yet I delivered what I could in shortest time possible that I could to not make ppl who liked it to wait... so if I have nothing from this and I simply did it for sake of doing it... what are you complaining about?

I don't owe anything to anyone, I am not obliged to finish it in anyway. Could've smacked on hold or abandoned, say "Oh, no patreons, k, bye."

Hopefully you don't misunderstand the point I am trying to make here.
Actually as a creator myself I enjoy people reading my work. I simply love getting constructive feedback in my workshop sessions and that let's me be a better writer and editor. I still take courses and listen to various acclaimed authors on their methodology, priorities and understanding of the craft.

The fact is, free or not, the reward of someone enjoying your work and being entertained by it, is in itself quite fulfilling.

P.S.: Read my previous post because I made an edit to it since I didn't want to double-post. :D

Reactions: Mystic

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Actually as a creator myself I enjoy people reading my work. I simply love getting constructive feedback in my workshop sessions and that let's me be a better writer and editor. I still take courses and listen to various acclaimed authors on their methodology, priorities and understanding of the craft.

The fact is, free or not, the reward of someone enjoying your work and being entertained by it, is in itself quite fulfilling.

P.S.: Read my previous post because I made an edit to it since I didn't want to double-post. :D
I did read it. And yes. 15k a day... yeah... thing is... at minimum I write 20,000. MINIMUM. There are days I'll go up to from 30,000 to 50,000 words in single day for my writing.

Err... don't ask. I'm insane.

Edit: And YES! That is what I always said, feedback is what I value the most. Just give me something, talk to me when you read stuff I wrote. That's so damn rewarding feeling! I know what you mean.

• Love
Reactions: Balpheron

Balpheron

Jun 1, 2020
I did read it. And yes. 15k a day... yeah... thing is... at minimum I write 20,000. MINIMUM. There are days I'll go up to from 30,000 to 50,000 words in single day for my writing.

Err... don't ask. I'm insane.
Well that is unpaid, hit'n'miss maintenance. I do a lot more for my editing. I have like 1-2 hours of me-time every week or so, while I can sneak onto these forums and reddit every chance I got in-between :D

Any way. You're passionate. Keep at it and keep your crosshairs trained at your goal. Good luck with all of your gigs!

• Red Heart

jxd

Jun 8, 2020
uff I will try this final version ... and I will be attentive to your next games, I know that many versions came out and very fast, I would have liked to see more of these pj. slds

• Star-struck

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
uff I will try this final version ... and I will be attentive to your next games, I know that many versions came out and very fast, I would have liked to see more of these pj. slds
Thanks for trying mate. And yeah I went and pushed it out as fast as I could as time allowed me. And thanks! New stuff soon.

Reactions: jxd

Aquilez

Jun 26, 2019
Congrats for finishing your game. I much prefer it when devs set a goal at the start and finish their game once they reach that goal. I'm sick and tired of the devs who make games designed to milk money out of their patreons and prolong their game. Those devs always make an update only when they start losing patreons and people's interest. Because of this, their stories are always so convoluted and bloated with filler sex scenes to appease their patreons. Sorry for the rant...

There are a lot of us who appreciate finished games.

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Congrats for finishing your game. I much prefer it when devs set a goal at the start and finish their game once they reach that goal. I'm sick and tired of the devs who make games designed to milk money out of their patreons and prolong their game. Those devs always make an update only when they start losing patreons and people's interest. Because of this, their stories are always so convoluted and bloated with filler sex scenes to appease their patreons. Sorry for the rant...

There are a lot of us who appreciate finished games.
Nah mate, feel free to rant. We all do it from time to time, and you have the right on your opinion. Don't worry. And thank you, hope you found it decent at least ( if you tried that is), if not, there's the second project hopefully!

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Ohh so It's the end huh? I suppose I'll fully enjoy this
Kind of. As I stated at Q&A. I'll patch it at some point, add some content to it.... or to be specific AFTER the story. Wrap up some lose ends perhaps, just to see psychotic Yuna again as well. :KEK:

But yeah, got other project ongoing. (y)

Thanks for playing btw! <3

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
do ya have any plan for more new (short) game in the future?
I do. Yes. The project I am working on now, ISOR, is bigger and lengthier, but that means nothing really. I'll still do my best to be consistent and update as fast as I can as I did with this.

But I'll probs have a side project or something to chill, a smaller one like LwH. Just for fun and what not.

• Red Heart
Reactions: lewismasss

Deleted member 254042

Oct 20, 2017
I do. Yes. The project I am working on now, ISOR, is bigger and lengthier, but that means nothing really. I'll still do my best to be consistent and update as fast as I can as I did with this.

But I'll probs have a side project or something to chill, a smaller one like LwH. Just for fun and what not.
it will be koikatu again? i wanna see more kiss while having sex in that game

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
BUMP.

Added credits at first post.

Nov 24, 2019
Yep! Give it a shot, find out. Sorry I can't tell you exact length tho :/
Way 1:
Ren'Py actually counts the time spent playing (already discounting time spent in menus and such), it is the function. Returns the number of seconds in-game. Ask for some players or testers on Discord to send you this stats (or put the code somewhere and make a patch), make an average. It is inconvenient, but offers not only the average, but the deviation as well, allowing you to settle for a reasonable range. (This is the most widely accepted method to obtain game length, iirc)

Way 2:
Use Ren'Py lint to get the total of words in the game. The average reader does 250 words per minute, so you divide the total of words by 250 and you have a rough estimation. It is not precise, as it does not considers movie clips, choices, animations, time spent appreciating the renders, etc.

Way 3:
Use renpy.clear_game_runtime() on local copy, enable auto-mode, and see how long it takes to go through the lengthiest route of your game (by using renpy.get_game_runtime() once it finishes). It offers highest precision, but the results are artificial (i.e. users can change settings) and also takes you the most time to get a metric.

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
No android version
Sorry, sadly I have zero idea how to deal with android ports. But you can request those around here no?

Way 1:
Ren'Py actually counts the time spent playing (already discounting time spent in menus and such), it is the function. Returns the number of seconds in-game. Ask for some players or testers on Discord to send you this stats (or put the code somewhere and make a patch), make an average. It is inconvenient, but offers not only the average, but the deviation as well, allowing you to settle for a reasonable range. (This is the most widely accepted method to obtain game length, iirc)

Way 2:
Use Ren'Py lint to get the total of words in the game. The average reader does 250 words per minute, so you divide the total of words by 250 and you have a rough estimation. It is not precise, as it does not considers movie clips, choices, animations, time spent appreciating the renders, etc.

Way 3:
Use renpy.clear_game_runtime() on local copy, enable auto-mode, and see how long it takes to go through the lengthiest route of your game (by using renpy.get_game_runtime() once it finishes). It offers highest precision, but the results are artificial (i.e. users can change settings) and also takes you the most time to get a metric.
Didn't know that! Thank you :D

P.S If anyone is interested in next project ISOR -

Here's a little overview and some char peeks, or can join my discord!

Jeevant

Failed to make an unlimited money mod for my life
Modder
Game Compressor
May 1, 2020
Android Port of
Long Way Home [v1.0 - Finished]
DOWNLOAD:
File name says v0.8 because dev forgot to change it to v1.0 but it infact is v1.0
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Consider supporting me on my or you can also join my for more android ports and mods.

3.50 star(s) 2 Votes