VN Ren'Py Completed Long Way Home [v1.0] [Mystic]

3.50 star(s) 2 Votes

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
vaginal sex for example, just wanted to point it out cause i know many people uses tag filtering with that, so they might miss out your game because of it.
Thanks. I'll notify a mod about it I suppose. :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Lucifer84

kajidiablo

Apr 8, 2018
i have made a game before granted it was a custom server for a game but it was all my work from map 1 to 900 lol took me 7 months all day every day and it wasnt even finished when my pc died so one month of work is quite small thats all i got to say

• Angry
Reactions: lewismasss

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
considering the shortest are normally a year and most longer then that the problem is either content/story length or quality unless you got some AAA game experience it screams inexperienced first made game
Sure. If I had time to drag it over a year or wanted to milk Patreons. It has decent amount of content depending on your reading speeds, few clips and animations. Bunch of story.

It isn't my first, but I've been away for a time. This was a reminder to get me back into it. I'm focused on 2nd project which is larger and more complex. Still VN but sandbox/roaming addition to it.. I wanna focus on that.

And those are not excuses... I have zero commitment to anyone or anything, and I have zero reasons to make excuses. Simple as that. And I stated clearly that it may feel rushed and that is all I said.

In either case, I see no point in this debate. If you dislike it, that's fine. Sorry to hear that as I say as always. Hope you find something better, plenty of stuff around.

kajidiablo

Apr 8, 2018
That's not much to say, and after that? I mean, never heard of you. Never seen a project with your name on it.
Who are you? I am intrigued. After this, seven hard and long months of you. Tell us. Show us. Give us something.
should read my post again, was a private server for a game all custom content but was an online game, and i also mentioned my pc craped out on me but i know what kind of work goes into a game, i did coding quest writing pixel art work, mapping, gear and stat balancing lol mine was a full blown rpg lvl of work so 7 months non stop was still short for what i had plans for but was still hundreds of maps and items making it incredibly hard to just "fix" so i have nothing i can easily show now, its one of the risks with an online game when you have all the main files yourself even if the dev has the hand of god and skills above any other dev a month is still a small game so say what you want i know what kind of effort making something can take

• Angry
Reactions: lewismasss

Balpheron

Jun 1, 2020
This is one tiny game if we're to judge by the zip size. What's the play length in hours for this title? It looks quite interesting.

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
This is one tiny game if we're to judge by the zip size. What's the play length in hours for this title? It looks quite interesting.
I have no darn clue how to judge play length in hours. Once again depends on your reading speeds. And yes! It is small! Cause I compressed the living fuck out of it. :WeSmart:

Ambir

Adult games developer
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
considering the shortest are normally a year and most longer then that the problem is either content/story length or quality unless you got some AAA game experience it screams inexperienced first made game
I'm sorry... I would like you to repeat this.

An inexperienced dev completing a first game in a month? That's what you usually see? Not bloated projects that get abandonned really fast or projects that take them months and months to finish?

If you told me that a developper pushed, what was it, 4 updates in a month? I'd tell you that person has experience making games.

Dec 27, 2020
should read my post again, was a private server for a game all custom content but was an online game, and i also mentioned my pc craped out on me but i know what kind of work goes into a game, i did coding quest writing pixel art work, mapping, gear and stat balancing lol mine was a full blown rpg lvl of work so 7 months non stop was still short for what i had plans for but was still hundreds of maps and items making it incredibly hard to just "fix" so i have nothing i can easily show now, its one of the risks with an online game when you have all the main files yourself even if the dev has the hand of god and skills above any other dev a month is still a small game so say what you want i know what kind of effort making something can take
Okay, and what you are trying to say? Believe me when I say: I know how it feels when a project doesn't work out as intended. You have experienced the same. It seems.
mysticcr tried something, and it didn't work out, and he ended it. Fair and square. Unlike other devs who milking us and find excuses. I will be honest here. I would have done the same, and it seems you have made the same decision.:unsure:

What are you trying to say?

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
xD I guess that's true. Some do hold their wieners for longer per scene. Hard to judge :D
Yep! Give it a shot, find out. Sorry I can't tell you exact length tho :/

Okay, and what you are trying to say? Believe me when I say: I know how it feels when a project doesn't work out as intended. You have experienced the same. It seems.
mysticcr tried something, and it didn't work out, and he ended it. Fair and square. Unlike other devs who milking us and find excuses. I will be honest here. I would have done the same, and it seems you have made the same decision.:unsure:

What are you trying to say?
Well, it worked in MY mind. I stated before I am fully aware I can't satisfy everyone and saying otherwise would be unrealistic and blind optimism which I don't practice. I am personally satisfied cause I achieved what I wanted with it. At some point I'll update it again to add some after the main story - story.

But yeah, as I said, I didn't want to leave it unfinished and smack abandoned or on hold tag. I'd rather finish what I start if I can. And as I said got other project that's bigger scope and size and more complex. So I'd like to put my focus and attention to that instead.

This was a decent reminder to jug my memories a bit and get me back into the game. I got some feedback and critiques that I'll apply to the other project and that's perfect for me.

Balpheron

Jun 1, 2020
Yep! Give it a shot, find out. Sorry I can't tell you exact length tho :/

Well, it worked in MY mind. I stated before I am fully aware I can't satisfy everyone and saying otherwise would be unrealistic and blind optimism which I don't practice. I am personally satisfied cause I achieved what I wanted with it. At some point I'll update it again to add some after the main story - story.

But yeah, as I said, I didn't want to leave it unfinished and smack abandoned or on hold tag. I'd rather finish what I start if I can. And as I said got other project that's bigger scope and size and more complex. So I'd like to put my focus and attention to that instead.

This was a decent reminder to jug my memories a bit and get me back into the game. I got some feedback and critiques that I'll apply to the other project and that's perfect for me.
Couldn't be a more honest, down-to-earth and competent way of saying: "I'm doing what I enjoy and how I enjoy it. Don't like it? Don't play it!"

Honestly, you're probably one of the very few devs here that put stock into progress and results rather than building a fan base, making promises and hyping it up, to finally not deliver on it. Kudos to you. I'll look forward to your new project.

Edit: Just read the previous posts before my initial replies. Why are people so buzzed that this has been launched in quick succession? I mean proper planning, pre-done work content (story, cg art, mechanics etc.) and experience can net you a fairly decent release speed. I for one see this as a sign of a developer with healthy work ethics and discipline, with a clear cut goal for their work. I mean, this even puts me to shame and I have 15k words per day minimum requirements to meet along with my usual editing job. Who'da thunk people complain about efficiency when it nets them free entertainment content in the end!? :LUL:

Last edited:

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Couldn't be a more honest, down-to-earth and competent way of saying: "I'm doing what I enjoy and how I enjoy it. Don't like it? Don't play it!"

Honestly, you're probably one of the very few devs here that put stock into progress and results rather than building a fan base, making promises and hyping it up, to finally not deliver on it. Kudos to you. I'll look forward to your new project.
Yeah I mean that's how I'm used on doing things with my interactive fictions (books/games). And I simply decided to apply the same method if not similar here if I can.

And honestly, whilst this is NOT the most important, I'd stile like to mention that I have 0 Patreons(what I have comes from my books)from anything related to this, and that is fine. I released it here as a free stuff and I delivered the rest of it as fast as I could. I didn't stop just because I had zero earnings or a fan base. What mattered to me when I started this is that I finish it, and I finished it.

In my mind I just held up to what I promised myself, and that's what matters to me PERSONALLY.

But yeah I must admit that it kind ticks me off sometimes seeing comments like this, I mean I understand everyone has their opinion and I respect that. But the entire thing is free, you have ten thousand games around here and half of them are simple milking and 0 delivery.

Yet I delivered what I could in shortest time possible that I could to not make ppl who liked it to wait... so if I have nothing from this and I simply did it for sake of doing it... what are you complaining about?

I don't owe anything to anyone, I am not obliged to finish it in anyway. Could've smacked on hold or abandoned, say "Oh, no patreons, k, bye."

Hopefully you don't misunderstand the point I am trying to make here.

3.50 star(s) 2 Votes