VN Ren'Py Completed Long Way Home [v1.0] [Mystic]

3.50 star(s) 2 Votes

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
sigh, called it. shizu aint so pure afterall. I was hoping for a not so cliche backstory to her, but ended up being so. I think im done
Fair shit. But it would also be cliche to make her as pure. Too many of that as well, and I went with somewhat a realistic approach. At least that was my direction given the background of Yuna's father etc.

Sorry for bashing your hopes. :/

Edit: Fuck Q.Q I can't write for shit today. 4 hours of sleep. Smh.

Professor Black

Jun 14, 2020
Fair shit. But it would also be cliche to make her as pure. Too many of that as well, and I went with somewhat a realistic approach. At least that was my direction given the background of Yuna's father etc.

Sorry to dash your hopes. :/
oh my bad, I didnt mean pure as in virgin, i meant shes soiled by being raped by the cliche rich antagonist who owns alot if not all of the companies wherever the mc/shizuku works at, and they have no choice but to submit cuz why not. Anyways good luck with the game!

Reactions: Mystic

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
So we have a raped LI and none of my favorite tags, time to unwatch the thread and delete the game.

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
oh my bad, I didnt mean pure as in virgin, i meant shes soiled by being raped by the cliche rich antagonist who owns alot if not all of the companies wherever the mc/shizuku works at, and they have no choice but to submit cuz why not. Anyways good luck with the game!
Yes, I understood what you've meant. And that's perfectly fine, thanks for trying, respect the opinion you have nonetheless. I just personally believe that creating a flawless character in a story like this, who doesn't have such a drastic background is eh.... won't cut it.

Also regarding submit part. Ain't exactly ''submit'' if the MC is clearly going to fuck shit up for him and his daughter and leave the city with her. Well... if that is the route you went with anyways, without accepting Yuna's deal that is.

Anyhow, once again, thanks for your opinion and feedback. Appreciate it. And not much luck needed! EP 3 will be the last and where the choices tie up, one or alternate ending.

This was meant to be a short(well, kinda, it has a decent content already) VN with a possibility of sequel depending on interest and demand. But not much of that going so... I'll just wrap it up and say CUT!.

Rambled enough. Thanks again!

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
So we have a raped LI and none of my favorite tags, time to unwatch the thread and delete the game.
Sometimes I am impressed and amused by the way people's brains work here. If you knew a person who had such a past and it happened to them when they were younger, you would what? Judge the person and not have sex with them cause it happened 15 years ago? My ass you wouldn't.

That being said, I have tendency to repeat this. Sorry it wasn't up to your taste and that you don't like it. Regarding your favorite tags...

Remove romance from your signature, as it is stated one of your favorite tags. Else you're being contradictory to your own statement. Animated as well while at it.

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
Seems like you took a closer look at my signature but only saw what you wanted to see because I don't see a harem tag, an incest tag, or a virgin tag in your tag list, and I also don't see the animated tag you say is there.

• Angry
Reactions: lewismasss

Jnx

Jun 6, 2017
I am so unbelievably confused
The game randomly goes backward?
Is this a feature or am I actually going insane?

• Thinking Face

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Backwards? Care to try and clarify that for me?

Professor Black

Jun 14, 2020
Yes, I understood what you've meant. And that's perfectly fine, thanks for trying, respect the opinion you have nonetheless. I just personally believe that creating a flawless character in a story like this, who doesn't have such a drastic background is eh.... won't cut it.

Also regarding submit part. Ain't exactly ''submit'' if the MC is clearly going to fuck shit up for him and his daughter and leave the city with her. Well... if that is the route you went with anyways, without accepting Yuna's deal that is.

Anyhow, once again, thanks for your opinion and feedback. Appreciate it. And not much luck needed! EP 3 will be the last and where the choices tie up, one or alternate ending.

This was meant to be a short(well, kinda, it has a decent content already) VN with a possibility of sequel depending on interest and demand. But not much of that going so... I'll just wrap it up and say CUT!.

Rambled enough. Thanks again!
I understand, with lots of games popping in here every week, its hard impossible to impress everyone. I play these games to feel good. And weighing both choices of LI, you either go for blackmail or someone who has alot of baggage for me to carry. You have to admit their not exactly wonderful choices.

As for the "to judge someone who got raped 15years ago or so, would you fuck or not" yeah i would fuck, buuut would i be in a serious relationship with them? sorry but no. Its not for me. that is a big ask and it reflects on how i play these romance games. Unfortunately you cant tag rape on the game since this happened in the past and no scene were shown.

Professor Black

Jun 14, 2020
I htought i was the only having this issue, if you roll back once, then click to proceed again, it will just roll back again, and again and again until you have to "ctrl" your way back

• Wow

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
I understand, with lots of games popping in here every week, its hard impossible to impress everyone. I play these games to feel good. And weighing both choices of LI, you either go for blackmail or someone who has alot of baggage for me to carry. You have to admit their not exactly wonderful choices.

As for the "to judge someone who got raped 15years ago or so, would you fuck or not" yeah i would fuck, buuut would i be in a serious relationship with them? sorry but no. Its not for me. that is a big ask and it reflects on how i play these romance games. Unfortunately you cant tag rape on the game since this happened in the past and no scene were shown.
To each their own they say. But thank you for actual and normal constructive feedback, critique, or however you wish to call it rather than a random blabbering in a singe sentence. Seriously, hats off for at least communicating with me normally.

And yeah, with a lot of them popping up as you said it is hard or nearly impossible to impress and please everyone. And understandable, I fully agree that the choices are not exactly wonderful but then again that is how I went with the story for this one. As I said it was meant to be a short VN.

Either it works or it doesn't. Either way I am not bothered and I am thankful you actually went ahead and played and gave me feedback and opinion, that will more than suffice.

Hopefully the next project after I'm done with this will be more to your liking. Albeit that one should have few extra tags as it is fantasy setting. :LUL:

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
I htought i was the only having this issue, if you roll back once, then click to proceed again, it will just roll back again, and again and again until you have to "ctrl" your way back
That is so damn bizarre, because it doesn't occur to me. I'll take a look at it nonetheless. Weird damn thing... like seriously weird.

Jnx

Jun 6, 2017
I've literally never had this happen before in a Renpy game. I'm just clicking forward and suddenly all the dialog and scenes start showing in reverse. So I've seen the intro three times now?
I got it to pass the first choice and now it just tries to go back to the choice and goes forward again.
I honestly have no idea what's going on lol.

• Thinking Face

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
I've literally never had this happen before in a Renpy game. I'm just clicking forward and suddenly all the dialog and scenes start showing in reverse. So I've seen the intro three times now?
I got it to pass the first choice and now it just tries to go back to the choice and goes forward again.
I honestly have no idea what's going on lol.
Try doing as Black suggested. Maybe also reload a save? Worse case scenario tweak with settings a bit, hit the CTRL to "skip" in case of need.

I'll take a look into it and see if I can find the issue. Though first time someone reported it back so I wouldn't know before.

Also when you say "clicking forward" I presume you're indicating mouse usage. Does the same happen when and if you use spacebar to advance rather than mouse click (or wheel to go back n forth).

Jnx

Jun 6, 2017
Try doing as Black suggested. Maybe also reload a save? Worse case scenario tweak with settings a bit, hit the CTRL to "skip" in case of need.

I'll take a look into it and see if I can find the issue. Though first time someone reported it back so I wouldn't know before.

Also when you say "clicking forward" I presume you're indicating mouse usage. Does the same happen when and if you use spacebar to advance rather than mouse click (or wheel to go back n forth).
I mean I doubt you've put anything more than the (a little overabundant) pause in between dialogue. But It hasn't happened for a bit.
It stopped during the notSkype call meeting Yuna. At least for me. Which is pretty early.
I have never seen this before so I don't know what it could be. But if it happens again I'll say something

• Thinking Face

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
I mean I doubt you've put anything more than the (a little overabundant) pause in between dialogue. But It hasn't happened for a bit.
It stopped during the notSkype call meeting Yuna. At least for me. Which is pretty early.
I have never seen this before so I don't know what it could be. But if it happens again I'll say something
I don't recall so no. But if it is gone then that is good. And neither have I for that matter, but if it does happen do tell yeah. Thanks!

Jnx

Jun 6, 2017
I don't recall so no. But if it is gone then that is good. And neither have I for that matter, but if it does happen do tell yeah. Thanks!
I THINK I FIGURED IT OUT
AND I CAN REPLICATE IT
If I click on the left side of the screen, it goes backward. And right, it goes forward.
Is that mobile controls? I don't play these things on a phones so I'd never know
But 100% I'm just going to have to only use the right side of the game screen

• Wow
3.50 star(s) 2 Votes