Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020
Does anybody know how to forward days/time? (w/o using up Focus/stamina? ) This is 1 of those crappy games where events only happen @ certain times! (even WT doesn't cover all of them) Very hard to catch some.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Does anybody know how to forward days/time? (w/o using up Focus/stamina? ) This is 1 of those crappy games where events only happen @ certain times! (even WT doesn't cover all of them) Very hard to catch some.
without cheat mode Your room Sleep nap rest, with cheatmode hit F6 to advance for hints on the AT progression, your celphone in game, depending on topic, search the tread many strategies, hints and tips spread alltroughout the tread,
Sanders2100 ,EmperorGus ,Mikey_Boy101 are the most advanced users
Edit: Urruah is also one of them who gives valuable hints sorry forgot you bro !

Last edited:

Urruah

Jun 20, 2017
Without cheats you just have to sleep. You can also rest or nap to pass small amounts of time. Unfortunately, there is no way to pass entire days.

Reactions: xapican

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020
I can agree that the grind feels rough. I'm personally fine with the exp gain for topics being slow. Since when you level up it almost feels like it goes to fast. Think it kind of cements the different characters personalities with the repeated actions. And "realism" lol. ofcourse it is gonna be harder in the beginning to corrupt someone. However I basically always use cheat engine to keep focus, stamina and health at 100% due to how infuriating it is to miss scenes because you end up with to litle focus etc. Arousal is something that you can play around with but I generally keep it high.

TLDR: Like the exp gain for topics. Use cheat engine for focus, stamina and health.
So if I hear you right, your "fine w the grind' b/c you use the cheats.
Obviously, you're *NOT* fine w it or you wouldn't cheat!

Reactions: sidiouspein

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020
Without cheats you just have to sleep. You can also rest or nap to pass small amounts of time. Unfortunately, there is no way to pass entire days.
that might work, *EXCEPT* you can only nap 1x per day! [tried the whole "sleeping" thing & it only works for a certain set # of hours----which again, makes you miss things.

Drearash

Jan 21, 2022
So if I hear you right, your "fine w the grind' b/c you use the cheats.
Obviously, you're *NOT* fine w it or you wouldn't cheat!
No, you didn't hear him right. He specifically distinguished between "the exp gain for topics" (which was the only thing he said he was fine with) and the stamina/health/focus mechanic.

So you're basically saying: "Obviously, you're NOT fine with the thing you specifically said you aren't fine with!". And yes, that's obvious. I'm not sure I understand why you thought it was worth observing.

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020
from WT:
"Once enough skills in the target person are 100%, you can encourage a secondary interest in them. Once the
appropriate secondary interests are applied, you can then promote that person to a new
Archetype, which will..."
As I've seen & understand it, that's *HIGHLY* incomplete, right? Those "secondary interests" have to all be filled *AND* match the AT---or it won't work. (even after you "apply" the 2ndary interest, it still has to reach 100%?)
Which means can take a great deal of time *JUST* on the "secondary" interests.

("GRIND" assumes you can do something daily, *AND*, make progress on that. This is nothing like that. )

PS
I used to be a SP fan---but the *COMPLEXITY* (& grind) got INSANE!
+, Dev does WORST stuff 1st (who loves to sweep streets & clean toilets?!?) & then never finishes the most fun stuff! [hero/hero training, etc]
Most of the "school" stuff didn't really matter (you could go to school/classes for years & never graduate! ) & despite all the hints "guide" (changed a lot by version) & countless hours, I never ever EVER did get both T & D in the club!

anyway...

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020
No, you didn't hear him right. He specifically distinguished between "the exp gain for topics" (which was the only thing he said he was fine with) and the stamina/health/focus mechanic.

So you're basically saying: "Obviously, you're NOT fine with the thing you specifically said you aren't fine with!". And yes, that's obvious. I'm not sure I understand why you thought it was worth observing.
Actually I did. The "stamina/health/focus" thing is just another part of the grind. (yes, there's ways to replenish it, takes *TIME* [def of grind!] & it's not even random.
For example, something *NOT* GRIND is the Randomness (too much, IMHO) ----no matter how much "grind" you do (& yes I include the stamina/health/focus/ SLEEP) you still have to "hope" for the right "topic" to fall, so you can discuss. (can only buy a small #)
W advancing being extremely complex (everything must be exact) often you're "grinding" for nothing. [except maybe make dev $?]

Drearash

Jan 21, 2022
Actually I did.

No, you didn't. Anyone who reads a post starting with: " I can agree that the grind feels rough," and comes away with "I'm fine with the grind" isn't paying attention.

The "stamina/health/focus" thing is just another part of the grind.
And it was the part Vanir16 specifically said he wasn't okay with, something he agrees with you about. Do you see what I mean about not paying attention?

kyi

Dec 16, 2018
Is it just my PC? Or are the transitions between actions a little slow, as in 1-3 seconds, I know its not a lot, but it really adds up over time in quite a click intensive game of multiple actions. If things were instant, this game would be a lot more playable.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Is it just my PC? Or are the transitions between actions a little slow, as in 1-3 seconds, I know its not a lot, but it really adds up over time in quite a click intensive game of multiple actions. If things were instant, this game would be a lot more playable.
Unfortunatlly not, In my case it got better it was much worser, so i guess the Dev is still tweaking it !

Mikey_Boy101

Nov 8, 2020
The "slow" transition are done intentionally to prevent bugs. However, in the next update the transition speed will increase.

that might work, *EXCEPT* you can only nap 1x per day! [tried the whole "sleeping" thing & it only works for a certain set # of hours----which again, makes you miss things.
Actually, you can nap 3 times a day if you get your Laziness skill to rank 2 and 3. You can also snack on food once a day without using any stamina or focus. Any other tips will be in my book that will be available for preorder where ever bookstores still exist.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Urruah

Jun 20, 2017
Sleep for six hour periods as much as you want. Rest will move three hours, naps one. You can also play videos or eat to pass time and also recover focus or stamina. I also tend to spam the social media topic to pass single hour increments as quickly as possible.

Really, though, there should just be a skip day button.

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020
Sleep for six hour periods as much as you want. Rest will move three hours, naps one. You can also play videos or eat to pass time and also recover focus or stamina. I also tend to spam the social media topic to pass single hour increments as quickly as possible.

Or allow more than 1 nap/day; (w/o extra Req!)
Most of the stuff you mentioned has extra Req---& since the "laziness" thing hurts you a lot (dec sta/focus/etc) I try to keep as low as possible.
I think the social media (need 2 ck?) is the one that makes too much "self-aware" (or is it self importance? Anyway, another thing that DEC your stats, so have to be *REALLY* careful what you spam! (sleeping's the only safe thing, but as mentioned, only 1x per day;)
If you don't cheat, you basically have to "give up" some days, & do very little (not possible to catch every event you need)
Anyway.
Most RENPY games have a *FORWARD TIME* (day/etc) option, 1 more thing this really needs.

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020
The "slow" transition are done intentionally to prevent bugs. However, in the next update the transition speed will increase.

Actually, you can nap 3 times a day if you get your Laziness skill to rank 2 and 3. You can also snack on food once a day without using any stamina or focus. Any other tips will be in my book that will be available for preorder where ever bookstores still exist.

T-speed: (felt like playing on a OLD 386!) 1 of several things that has me about ready 2 give up on this thing.
Maybe I'll hold out for next update. LOL! (not a fan of Unity, but didn't think it was *THAT* SLOW!!!)
[good to know, thanks]

Maybe next time try the "Lazy" route (is it worth it to try to switch?) but this time did the chores/work/etc (whatever the opposite is) tried to avoid all the laziness drawbacks..
I do try to use the kit thing (hey who only eats 1 meal/day?!?) but bonus was small (healthy option)---and have to be VERY careful (often isn't available!) BTW, sucks that you can "cook food"---but, then can't EAT anything you cook! (ugh)

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020

PS I think it was video games? anyway, 1 thing (on computer) where you do it too much, & Diane comes in (HEY IF GIRLS CAN LOCK THEIR DOOR WHY CAN'T MC?!?) & catches you---& of course you loose stat points. (-5 I think!)

Mikey_Boy101

Nov 8, 2020
Sooo.. how much gri.. uh trial and error did you do for your book. Typically authors do plenty of research before rub ahh writing one out. :unsure:
At least 2 years of trial and error and yeah my wrist does hurt from...writing the book.

T-speed: (felt like playing on a OLD 386!) 1 of several things that has me about ready 2 give up on this thing.
Maybe I'll hold out for next update. LOL! (not a fan of Unity, but didn't think it was *THAT* SLOW!!!)
[good to know, thanks]

Maybe next time try the "Lazy" route (is it worth it to try to switch?) but this time did the chores/work/etc (whatever the opposite is) tried to avoid all the laziness drawbacks..
I do try to use the kit thing (hey who only eats 1 meal/day?!?) but bonus was small (healthy option)---and have to be VERY careful (often isn't available!) BTW, sucks that you can "cook food"---but, then can't EAT anything you cook! (ugh)
While Laziness has negative effects it does have benefits. When you Embrace the Laziness Lifestyle you lose the benefits of Fitness, but depending on what your rank is on Laziness you will get 2 new actions. The Half-Ass Cleaning action which reduces the cleaning time by a hour and gives you exp in the harder to find skill Sneak; and the Scrounge action where you can look for "hidden treasure" in various parts of the house.

3.10 star(s) 109 Votes