VN Ren'Py Love and Evil Things [v0.1.4] [Petals]

4.60 star(s) 8 Votes

LaETDev

Game Developer
Dec 23, 2017
Promising game. Recommended to some russian forums. Do you mind your vn being translated to other languages? I bridged that idea to some translator groups, but I doubt they will work on this untill it becomes popular enough, so here is hoping. I rarely use that word, but sometimes dialogue between characters are "cringe". It sometimes feels embarassing to read some of the lines of characters, if it is on purpose, then good job, if not then not a really big deal for the beginning. Overall pretty good so far
Depends what lines you mean are cringe. I'm sure I've dropped the ball in a couple spots.

I do not care if people translate it.

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
It seems like in later versions you can skip over the horror aspect but not "the sad". That leads me to believe a lot of the LI's arcs will be overly depressing in some way. If that's the case I'll probably skip this one personally. I have enough drama in my own life and if a game is going to focus on that then it's not for me. Not the end of the world, plenty of other games to look in to.
I'm not a big fan of sad stories.

In any case, for now I'm not interested in two LIs, but I also don't want that evil things happen to them.

LaETDev

Game Developer
Dec 23, 2017
Can we decide that we aren't romantically interested in a LI and prevent evil things from happening to her?
You can still be friends with the girls no matter what. For example, you can shoot down Kumi's sexual advances and still help her in the future.

I will be sure to make it more obvious where your relationships stand in the next couple episodes. I can also edit the existing scripts a bit to make it a bit more clear when you make those decisions.

Reactions: BlasKyau

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
You can still be friends with the girls no matter what. For example, you can shoot down Kumi's sexual advances and still help her in the future.

I will be sure to make it more obvious where your relationships stand in the next couple episodes. I can also edit the existing scripts a bit to make it a bit more clear when you make those decisions.
Ok, I see that you got one of them right.

Otherwise, it's good to know that you can help them anyway.

LaETDev

Game Developer
Dec 23, 2017
Ok, I see that you got one of them right.

Otherwise, it's good to know that you can help them anyway.
Here's what I'll say in regards to the planned future content and story-arcs...

When you hear me talk about "evil" content, I'm referencing strictly horror scenes that can be turned off entirely. They're purely for horror fans and it's stuff I personally enjoy developing and setting up. They will be replaced with a short text description instead for people who do not enjoy them.

You will only see sexual content with a LI if you're flagged as being in a romantic relationship with that character. If you see an act in the future that feels a bit short, it's probably because it ended sexually but you don't have that kind of relationship with them.

As for the sad stuff. I will be addressing all sorts of depressing themes that many teen girls deal with as they grow up. I will not make light of those themes or use them to punish the characters for no reason. My editor was once a teen too and wouldn't lend her voicework to a game that treated them lightly, especially since she's gone through a lot of it. If that's too much for you then that's your call, but I'm not interested in writing a story that's just happy thoughts all the time. At the end of the day I want my characters to overcome personal battles and find themselves.

Programming-wise, these are the flags:
  • Horror on/off
  • LI Romancing on/off
  • LI Friend on/off

hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
Depends what lines you mean are cringe. I'm sure I've dropped the ball in a couple spots.

I do not care if people translate it.
IDK man I played through the whole release 2x and the only "cringing" I did was when the MC got kicked in the balls

4.60 star(s) 8 Votes