VN Ren'Py Love and Evil Things [v0.1.4] [Petals]

4.50 star(s) 6 Votes

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Is it just me or are there like no choices outside of a general "Hey are you interested in this LI?". The MC also seems to want to go after girls on his own, has me a little worried about the level of player agency in this. It feels very, very kinetic.

ToadSlayer776

Jul 27, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I dont think the snake is some sort of 'god' i think it is more Abrahamic, that being a deceiver and a great evil, whichever word you wish to refer to him as. I think even it's symbolic with his apperance he's a snake on a great withered tree, and he refers to humans as fruits. And refers to an old evil, and if you are a follower of abrahamic religions that is often considered when sin was originally introduced into the world via the 'fruit'.

The way I read it is, the snake wants you to bring the other characters into despair, or allow the to suffer in their despair, that way he may 'feed' on them. The snake even claims that the MC has done that many times before, and judging from what other characters tell him about his past, the MC seems to be a bit on the calous side. I think thats what the snake wants, more tragedy, and that may be the only reason he went after Noboku, because we left her alone. I want to say that is why he made us black out, because she was closest to his influence. Though the snake also tells us to seek out the darkness, but that could mean several things in context to the story. I very well could be wrong, but it is within reason. I don't exactly remember when the headaches occur, I do know that at least two of them happen after speaking with the snake. Maybe the snake wants us to get hole, but without our emotions attached. Use the girls as objects, so to speak.

LaETDev

Game Developer
Dec 23, 2017
Is it just me or are there like no choices outside of a general "Hey are you interested in this LI?". The MC also seems to want to go after girls on his own, has me a little worried about the level of player agency in this. It feels very, very kinetic.
The decisions in this episode are mostly just to decide if you're interested in the specific girls, that is correct. Decisions in the future will provide more unique conversation routes since I know as the programmer you've already "picked" the girls for content.

At the end of the day you can have more choice and less content because it takes longer to develop and becomes harder to maintain or you can have less and more meaningful choices and quicker content.

It's a delicate balancing act, and if I mess it up I'll end up spending dozens of hours creating content that only a tiny percentage of the players will see.

This also leads back to the debate about how much personality I give the MC vs how much I leave to the player. Different strokes for different folks.

I'm interested to see what other people say about this.

Reactions: Smol Latin Weeb

ArhraCole

Apr 24, 2020

The girls are still happy, let's have them be happy for a bit.

Yes please, let's keep them happy. I don't particularly want anything bad to happen to the characters at this point.

I think it's going to be traumatizing enough if any of them saw their dorm mate get sucked into the pool of blood there as it is. I'm not generally a fan of horror but I like these characters enough that I'm going to stick with this for a while. Hoping that we can act as a shield or somehow save the girls from the evil things. I will have to wait and see how things go.

Side tangent: Really good work on the Perfume dance animation sequence. That was fun to watch.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
The decisions in this episode are mostly just to decide if you're interested in the specific girls, that is correct. Decisions in the future will provide more unique conversation routes since I know as the programmer you've already "picked" the girls for content.

At the end of the day you can have more choice and less content because it takes longer to develop and becomes harder to maintain or you can have less and more meaningful choices and quicker content.

It's a delicate balancing act, and if I mess it up I'll end up spending dozens of hours creating content that only a tiny percentage of the players will see.

This also leads back to the debate about how much personality I give the MC vs how much I leave to the player. Different strokes for different folks.

I'm interested to see what other people say about this.
I'm not here to tell you how to make your game, it was just an observation. There is a reason I personally don't "read" kinetic novels. I don't get any enjoyment out of just watching the whole thing play out as it's "supposed to". Especially if it leads to seeing the MC sleep with whoever whether I care for them or not.

Also if this first part is just to see who the player is interested in going forward does that mean you are cut off of characters already this early in the game? I mean you have no real chance to even get to know them, it would just be "you're cute, lets fuck".

LaETDev

Game Developer
Dec 23, 2017
I'm not here to tell you how to make your game, it was just an observation. There is a reason I personally don't "read" kinetic novels. I don't get any enjoyment out of just watching the whole thing play out as it's "supposed to". Especially if it leads to seeing the MC sleep with whoever whether I care for them or not.

Also if this first part is just to see who the player is interested in going forward does that mean you are cut off of characters already this early in the game? I mean you have no real chance to even get to know them, it would just be "you're cute, lets fuck".
Naw you can turn them on or off a few times. I just wanted to give people with strong feelings a chance early on.

Reactions: Skeltom

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
LoveAndEvilThings-0.1.4
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Reactions: hoshimota
4.50 star(s) 6 Votes