veqvil

Game Developer
Oct 23, 2017
Great update as always, but @veqvil can't you use labels for the map ?
The hospital is obvious, but the baron's house or MC's one, by example ; well, like they live next door once you find one, you also found the other, but you see what I mean...

And no need to alter the pictures for this, you can do it softly with something like :
Code:
init python:
    ttMap = Tooltip("")
    ttPos = (0,0)

screen ttMap():
    hbox:
        background Solid( "#00000075" )
        xpos ttPos[0]
        ypos ttPos[1]
        text ttMap.value
Obviously the background is just for the demonstration, you style it like you want.
Then the screen "n_map" become :
Code:
screen n_map:
    add "n_map.jpg"
    # add the hovered where you want a label
    imagebutton auto "n_map_hosp_%s.png" focus_mask True action Jump("map_hosp") hovered [ SetVariable( "ttPos", (1450, 250 ) ), ttMap.Action( "hospital" ) ]
    imagebutton auto "n_map_home_%s.png" focus_mask True action Jump("map_home") hovered [ SetVariable( "ttPos", ( 1750, 900 ) ), ttMap.Action( "home" ) ]
    imagebutton auto "n_map_baron_%s.png" focus_mask True action Jump("map_baron") hovered [ SetVariable( "ttPos", (1700, 700 ) ), ttMap.Action( "Baron's house"
    # and just let like it is when you don't want it
    imagebutton auto "n_map_ts_%s.png" focus_mask True action Jump("map_ts")
    imagebutton auto "n_map_pp_%s.png" focus_mask True action Jump("map_pp")
    imagebutton auto "n_map_cs_%s.png" focus_mask True action Jump("map_cs")
    imagebutton auto "n_map_beach_%s.png" focus_mask True action Jump("map_beach")
    imagebutton auto "n_map_park_%s.png" focus_mask True action Jump("map_park")
   # and here come the labels...
    use ttMap
Here again, the positions are just for the demonstration.

Like the ttMap is external to the screen, you can't reuse it easily. No need to add the whole display part on every screen which need it, just add the "use ttMap" at the end of these screens ; and obviously the related "hovered". And like the label are independent from the pictures (unlike the actual doors in the house), you can change the position and style whenever you want without real efforts ; you can even have a better rendering without efforts since it's Ren'py which will add the transparency, the color, choose the font, and so on.

Plus side, it let you use an if statement to choose if the labels must be shown or not, depending of the situation. Whatever you do it globally :
Code:
screen ttMap():
    if showLabels is True:
        hbox:
            background Solid( "#00000075" )
            xpos ttPos[0]
            ypos ttPos[1]
            text ttMap.value
screen by screen:
Code:
# True by default, can be False by default is you want
screen n_map( showLabel=True ):
    add "map.jpg"
    imagebutton :
        auto "n_map_hosp_%s.png"
        focus_mask True
        action Jump("map_hosp")
        if showLabel is True:
            hovered [ SetVariable( "ttPos", (1450, 250 ) ), ttMap.Action( "hospital" ) ]
that you display with :
Code:
    show screen n_map( False )  # don't show labels
    show screen n_map( True )  # show labels
    show screen n_map()  # show labels
    scene n_map # show labels
or individually :
Code:
    imagebutton :
        auto "n_map_hosp_%s.png"
        focus_mask True
        action Jump("map_hosp")
        if showHospital is True:
            hovered [ SetVariable( "ttPos", (1450, 250 ) ), ttMap.Action( "hospital" ) ]
Damn! Thank you for your reply PLUS a guide on how to fix it!!
Obviously my coding game is the weakest and I wasn't able to do any polished implementation of the sandbox system.

There will be lots of improvements and labeling is one of them, aswell as a map button.

I will note this page and maybe will have a renpy integrated labeling, or go with the usual hovermap editing I did in 0.04 for the hallway! Thank you! :)

I hope so that it finally synonymous more sex to see because the sun is quite boring although the story is not bad but too much happens drum herrum without that really happened what happens when you sit at the table and endless amounts Persons come to Irgen and a dreary boring shit what unfortunately

happens constantly or as sinless things as in the hospital when I want in the sick room it says I do not wake mom so he is not purely WTF? why can not I go in? you can enter a room QUIET, yes, that really works without waking someone up and why mom? if it was at least about the sick person then you could still

somehow understand that but even then that makes no sin and why can not I look at her next when she sleeps? a little bit of peek can not do any harm to sleep, why do I have to sleep and can not go to their room at night? i hope jam al that sic hda finally what changes because the game looks fantastic and actually

makes fun I also like that I can say the bitch becky peer mail fuck you and you can continue to ignore (she should take the idiots out the dream / vision in the night) Well, in any case, I hope for the next update as it goes on and especially that it does not take quite as long until it comes but I always say that it is worth it to wait for good games if then the quality is right
Well blocking you off is usually a way to show you a dead end. What I missed to do was to clearly state that the content ends here with a clear Work in Progress sign.

Again this update was one of the, if not the weakest update, since I lost way to much time with creating the sandbox, and uploaded it with zero polishing or improvement.

My focus now is to get better organized for 0.06.

when will release next version?
I have a progress bar on my patreon overview page, which I will update today. To give you an idea where I'm at right now. It's accessible for everyone, who is wondering when the update will be up.

I will go away from ETA release date since it never really worked for me. Still my goal is to one day get very routined updates without all the drama XD

veqvil

Game Developer
Oct 23, 2017
i have a question i tried to open the latest game after downloading it and i got this error The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000007b). i dont know whats thats about
Hmm I think that's the first time someone reported an issue like that, you sure you downloaded the PC version? Or maybe check if the link is containing a MAC file?

Reactions: DA22

veqvil

Game Developer
Oct 23, 2017
it says PC on the zip its kinda strange because i downloaded this before when it came out and it worked fine then today it didnt work when i wanted to try out the walkthrough all my other renpy games works fine
According to google, you should try to reboot. If that doesn't work you could try to run it as an admin and if that doesn't work either you might have a corrupted game download xD

Also something with NET.framework but I'm not very good with stuff like that, I hope that someone more capable could help you out!

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
I have a progress bar on my patreon overview page, which I will update today. To give you an idea where I'm at right now. It's accessible for everyone, who is wondering when the update will be up.

I will go away from ETA release date since it never really worked for me. Still my goal is to one day get very routined updates without all the drama XD
Heh. I like looking at it now: 0%, 0%, 0%, etc.

Good thing you will be updating it soon, I wouldn't want to see the next 10 pages of this thread filled with whining.

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
Ok, well it's been 4 months and I decided to give this game a revisit... I can tell you right now, this visual novel/game has a lot going on... And on my first play through I ran into all sorts of confusion, with the story elements and plot holes I was running into... Plus I began to wonder by the time I hit the v0.05 content, where was all the erotic content? Well there is some there, not much, but I had missed most of it... So I ended up playing over again, but this time with the walkthroughs... They were a godsend, because I had no clue that each woman character had their own separate story line up until the v0.05 content... Plus, there are a bunch of micro sized clickable items that were extremely well hidden, that were needed for some of the plot elements to be revealed... Because I had missed so many of those items, plus I wasn't focusing on any one character through till the end of the v0.04 content, I had missed some key plot pieces that made the v0.05 content much clearer to understand... And I still needed the walkthroughs for the newer content, because I still would have missed content otherwise... There is just so many side characters, little side stories, as well as the weird story plot with the odd neighbors... I just have to highly recommend using the walkthroughs, if you don't want to miss a bunch of stuff and get as confused as I got that first play through... There are some other things I liked and didn't like, which I mention in my review update... Go ahead and check it out...

Last edited:

King Monkey Mon

The Perverted King of The Harem Masters
May 16, 2017
According to google, you should try to reboot. If that doesn't work you could try to run it as an admin and if that doesn't work either you might have a corrupted game download XD

Also something with NET.framework but I'm not very good with stuff like that, I hope that someone more capable could help you out!
after replay the game with the walkthrough and i saw the scenes in this update i loved that mom and the Alice scenes Alice is just so incredibly sexy for someone who isnt a milf XD

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
after replay the game with the walkthrough and i saw the scenes in this update i loved that mom and the Alice scenes Alice is just so incredibly sexy for someone who isnt a milf XD
and who da fuck is alice? some offspring of a vampiric petunia? o_O

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
I must point out that there is NO connection between the petunias and vampires.

Carry on.

Reactions: kiteares

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I will note this page and maybe will have a renpy integrated labeling, or go with the usual hovermap editing I did in 0.04 for the hallway! Thank you! :)
Not because it's me who wrote it, but I really recommend you to use the "soft way" rather than the "hovermap editing".
Like you said, there's a lot of polish to do, hey, it's the 0.05 only, and half of the game mechanism weren't present in the previous update, so who expected a totally polished game ? Not me for sure.

With the soft way, you can pass 30 minutes tweaking and testing the Ren'py style you use, finding the result you love the more. And no need to restart a game for this, open the console and type :
Code:
style.yourNameForTheStyle.background = Solid( "#101010" )
style.rebuild()
Then hop, you've changed all the labels and immediately see the change. No need to edit the picture, cleaning the previous label, trying your new idea, launching the game and testing how it look.
Plus side, like the console have an edit feature, just use the "up arrow" to retrieve the right line and you'll just have to change the value for the color, without the need to type again the whole "style.blablabla". As long as you don't forget the "style.rebuild()", at the end it's good.
Just remember to report the change you like in the game's code, that's all.
30 minutes should be enough to find the right style, and it's probably the time needed to label all the pictures by editing them.

This will let you more time to works on the game itself, and that's what all of us want you to do :D

Reactions: DA22 and Palanto

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
and who da fuck is alice? some offspring of a vampiric petunia? o_O
The same can be said of all her family... And you're probably not far to the right answer. The pregnancy thing with Mary clearly let me think of some kind of mutant community which need to breed inside the community. An unavoidable tradition, perhaps also forced if the "power" is rare, and even more if the family want to live outside of the community. Some kind of, "alright, you can go, but firstly you gave us a child with your daughter power, since she's the only one in the community to have it".
So, the question isn't who the fuck is Alice, but more, what the fuck was your father ? Because you have a power, it's undeniable. And did Aiden was testing it when he tried to speak to you by projecting is thought when you were at the hospital, or was he genuinely surprised by you intercepting them ?
I know that there's place where the neighbors are really lovely with the others, but Mary being already in love with you, Alice being ready to kill (and doing it really slowly) the bastard who shoot Amy, and generally speaking the whole Baron family acting like your own family and theirs are the same...

4.30 star(s) 129 Votes