Endrju

Shadows of the Past
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 20, 2017
damn i miss this game a lot, im just holding on hope V will not abondon us. this 2 months are crushing me...

Reactions: Palanto

raider_manhc

Jul 12, 2018
after the massage with my mom on love path, how do i confront my mom? the mission states i need to confront her but when i go to hospital it says : i should let her sleep.. ?? anyone help!!

Barioz

Oct 9, 2017
@veqvil Have you tried the new DAZ 4.11 public beta with the new post denoiser? I think if you can use it in rendering it can save you a lot of time.
You realize that the rendering itself isn't the most time consuming part? You have to pose the characters, adjust the lightings and so on. That's the real challenge and takes a lot of time (if you do it right and with high quality).

To render the images, you can just throw them into the batch renderer over night. Also, devs don't really want to use betas, as you'll most likely run into bugs and stuff, which can screw your work.

sergop

Jul 24, 2017
I have zero experience but still, I know that rendering takes a lot of time. I saw devs that say that with this you can save up to 80% of that time and put it in making more scenes to render for example. I'm not saying how he\she should do his\her job, it's just an idea that can save some time.

Barioz

Oct 9, 2017
I have zero experience but still, I know that rendering takes a lot of time. I saw devs that say that with this you can save up to 80% of that time and put it in making more scenes to render for example. I'm not saying how he\she should do his\her job, it's just an idea that can save some time.
The point is that he still needs to set up the render. Even with 80% faster render times, you simply can't start if the poses etc. aren't done. Unfortunately, that's the lion part of the whole process of making a good render... ;)

sergop

Jul 24, 2017
The point is that he still needs to set up the render. Even with 80% faster render times, you simply can't start if the poses etc. aren't done. Unfortunately, that's the lion part of the whole process of making a good render... ;)
He\she is good at his\her job no doubt and I'm sure that the dev is doing his\her best in making pictures for rendering perfect but one of the devs who tested that option said that without it rendering toke around 40 min just for 1 image but with that on it took around 10 min. So that is extra 30 min in which you can make part of a scene or even entire new one. And if you consider stacking up in a week you can make soo much more work that even if there are some bugs it will be worth the time to render them again.

Barioz

Oct 9, 2017
He\she is good at his\her job no doubt and I'm sure that the dev is doing his\her best in making pictures for rendering perfect but one of the devs who tested that option said that without it rendering toke around 40 min just for 1 image but with that on it took around 10 min. So that is extra 30 min in which you can make part of a scene or even entire new one. And if you consider stacking up in a week you can make soo much more work that even if there are some bugs it will be worth the time to render them again.
Sorry, but it seems that you still don't understand my point. It's NOT about the render time. Veq can prepare say 25 renders and just let them cook over night. Simple as that. But all this can't happen if the render itself isn't set up, meaning the characters on it aren't posed, the lighting is not done and other stuff.

What I'm trying to tell you is, that the preparing part takes a lot of time. Even if you could do thousands of renders with the new feature instantly, it doesn't matter if the stuff that's displayed on the render isn't ready. So it does not help the dev at all, if he can only prepare say 5 of them each day. That's the bottleneck.

sergop

Jul 24, 2017
Sorry, but it seems that you still don't understand my point. It's NOT about the render time. Veq can prepare say 25 renders and just let them cook over night. Simple as that. But all this can't happen if the render itself isn't set up, meaning the characters on it aren't posed, the lighting is not done and other stuff.

What I'm trying to tell you is, that the preparing part takes a lot of time. Even if you could do thousands of renders with the new feature instantly, it doesn't matter if the stuff that's displayed on the render isn't ready. So it does not help the dev at all, if he can only prepare say 5 of them each day. That's the bottleneck.
That is my point too. My English isn't my 1st language so it's possible that I didn't express myself. My idea is while the dev renders he can't work because things will be too slow and maybe the CPU can't handle this much work (unless he has 2nd pc for making the images for rendering). What I'm saying is that he creates the images for rendering let's say 200, for example, is all of the work for the next update. He makes all 200 images ready for rendering and starts to render them. If he can use that new option without any troubles he can render them in 1 night instead of 3 days for example (I didn't calculate any of this I'm just giving some random numbers.) And then look for anything that he may wanna add or fix.

Barioz

Oct 9, 2017
That is my point too. My English isn't my 1st language so it's possible that I didn't express myself. My idea is while the dev renders he can't work because things will be too slow and maybe the CPU can't handle this much work (unless he has 2nd pc for making the images for rendering). What I'm saying is that he creates the images for rendering let's say 200, for example, is all of the work for the next update. He makes all 200 images ready for rendering and starts to render them. If he can use that new option without any troubles he can render them in 1 night instead of 3 days for example (I didn't calculate any of this I'm just giving some random numbers.) And then look for anything that he may wanna add or fix.
Just a few things: rendering isn't really done by the CPU, but the graphics card. Also, he can just prepare one render, save, move on to the next one and so on and when he goes to bed, he just starts the render queue. Still, it all depends on how many renders the dev is capable to prepare per day.

Let's assume he can do 10. When he's done for the day, those 10 just get rendered during the night when he sleeps. If the render speed is faster, fine, but he still was only capable of preparing those 10, not more. So in the end it didn't really matter. Only reason I know of, is to check how the final render would look like, so you wait for it during the day.

And last but not least, my first language isn't English either. ;)

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
damn right u can, i think its still allowed :heartcoveredeyes:

haha u made my day good sir, keep it real
ps. u are my new friend now :heartcoveredeyes:
ps2. i didnt know V took like whole month break, damnnnn
Yeah he had some real life troubles so he took a bit of a break there ;) But it's all good now and he's working on the next update ;)

Reactions: UncleVT

oluap

Sep 21, 2017
i realy love that game!. but its now 2 month since last update :/ . I think that this game will need almost 5+ years to finisch... but still love his game. i just want to know more about the storry and all!! its just a NICE game!

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
Guys, the story's good and the girls are great and all, but... where the damn is the sexual & erotic content?

I choose the love path for everybody... NO SEX AT ALL, ALMOST NO NUDES.

Did I have to choose the submission paths?

Reactions: ait123 and Renzon

ljz781212

May 26, 2018
Guys, the story's good and the girls are great and all, but... where the damn is the sexual & erotic content?

I choose the love path for everybody... NO SEX AT ALL, ALMOST NO NUDES.

Did I have to choose the submission paths?
you can try the love path of mom, you can see her nude body and she will give you a BJ.

newchecker33

May 10, 2018
This game reminds me of Dreams of Desire for some reasons. Maybe it's because the incest story with supernatural beings/magic stuff. Too bad there's no sex yet.

4.30 star(s) 129 Votes