U

User_215882

Im a little disturbed how popular rape is with Japanese games. I dont hop on the those thread and complain, but I dont touch or support any game with rape.

veqvil

Game Developer
Oct 23, 2017
Im a little disturbed how popular rape is with Japanese games. I dont hop on the those thread and complain, but I dont touch or support any game with rape.
Well rape is something which also is not very interesting storytelling wise, the character would just avoid you or move to another city XD

And with the Grand Finale
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
A perfect Grand Finale!!!

Reactions: The Witcher

veqvil

Game Developer
Oct 23, 2017

n0b0dy

Jun 1, 2017
You made me seriously interested in idea of starting a campaign against Baudelaire in high school curriculum. ;)
I do not know who that is so I assume somebody has already started that campaign in my former high-school a long time ago :coldsweat:

Are you a serial killer yet? Or have you not quite hit that 3 victim threshold yet? That is some intense sadism there, fuck.
Do not worry, I am not smart enough to be a serial-killer ;)

Talking on an animalistic level, maybe you find it fascinating to also see other beings becoming weaker or fall in front of your eyes, sort of as a demonstration or prove to be the stronger one? I'm personally really scared of guro, I can get nightmares from seeing images like that and can't sleep for a few days, I might be an opposite extreme as I couldn't even watch The walking dead, since I was too scared (I sort of "itching" to see it, but my experience is that I will always regret this decision once I can't sleep and since it's a long ass series I don't want to that XD).
It is always interesting to see the strong become the weak but guro is not really about power for me, I can also enjoy it very much if I don't envision myself to be the one to inflict the damage. I just believe there is beauty and value to found in all aspects of life including pain and suffering. Ugliness is not less beautiful then beauty. Darkness is not less enlightening than light. Villains are not less admirable than heroes. The bitter is not less delicious than the sweet. It might be a little bit harder to stomach and you will have to grow to appreciate it, but when you do you will think you are a fool for ever liking the sweetness more. It is just too sweet.

You know there are those paintings from the middle-ages where the artist has painted both heaven and hell. You will always see their depiction of hell is infinitely more interesting and rewarding than their depiction of heaven.

It is funny you are saying you dislike the walking dead (the tv show) because it was too 'heavy' for you since I watched the first few seasons and stopped watching because I found it too 'light'. The comics of the walking dead are filled with suicide, torture, rape, mental ilness, brutality, gruesomeness and other awesome stuff but all this is actually very watered down or left out in the tv show to make it more accessible for a greater public. A real shame if you ask me.

Well rape is something which also is not very interesting storytelling wise, the character would just avoid you or move to another city XD
Moving to another city and leaving behind all friends/family/your job etc. is not an easy thing for everybody to do. Avoiding somebody is also not always as possible as it seems when they are doing their best to track you down. I agree it is tricky to depict rape and a offender/victim-relationship in a realistic and satisfying way but there are enough interesting stories that could be told about it. Where there is rape there is conflict, emotions and power-dynamics and those are always very nice ingredients for a good and fun story.

ShadowManNor

Nov 17, 2017
Well for you TTDS guys out there I have someone to make you shiver and think "Ok, something is different about her." :D

To me, this goes back to the molestation discussion. If it happens, and nothing else happens, it is boring. But if it is used to give your actions consequences (that again will lead to new actions with their own consequences ect) and develop the character as well as your relationship with that character, then it can be interesting. It also opens up questions like what power do you have over the character (or what power do you need to get over the character) since you are still interacting, or is there another reason to why she is letting you do so. And as @n0b0dy says, its rarely as easy as insta jail/character leave town over night. Which means it is room for some interesting gameplay.

I can't stop making banners :'(
You say that like its a bad thing. Never stop making banners! If that sounds cruel, just remember, I am a sadist.

Reactions: n0b0dy

veqvil

Game Developer
Oct 23, 2017
I do not know who that is so I assume somebody has already started that campaign in my former high-school a long time ago :coldsweat:

Do not worry, I am not smart enough to be a serial-killer ;)

It is always interesting to see the strong become the weak but guro is not really about power for me, I can also enjoy it very much if I don't envision myself to be the one to inflict the damage. I just believe there is beauty and value to found in all aspects of life including pain and suffering. Ugliness is not less beautiful then beauty. Darkness is not less enlightening than light. Villains are not less admirable than heroes. The bitter is not less delicious than the sweet. It might be a little bit harder to stomach and you will have to grow to appreciate it, but when you do you will think you are a fool for ever liking the sweetness more. It is just too sweet.

You know there are those paintings from the middle-ages where the artist has painted both heaven and hell. You will always see their depiction of hell is infinitely more interesting and rewarding than their depiction of heaven.

It is funny you are saying you dislike the walking dead (the tv show) because it was too 'heavy' for you since I watched the first few seasons and stopped watching because I found it too 'light'. The comics of the walking dead are filled with suicide, torture, rape, mental ilness, brutality, gruesomeness and other awesome stuff but all this is actually very watered down or left out in the tv show to make it more accessible for a greater public. A real shame if you ask me.

Moving to another city and leaving behind all friends/family/your job etc. is not an easy thing for everybody to do. Avoiding somebody is also not always as possible as it seems when they are doing their best to track you down. I agree it is tricky to depict rape and a offender/victim-relationship in a realistic and satisfying way but there are enough interesting stories that could be told about it. Where there is rape there is conflict, emotions and power-dynamics and those are always very nice ingredients for a good and fun story.
So instead of going with the old sweet stuff you also enjoy the bitter stuff, sort of seeing all the sweet stuff becoming bland. Now, something I was always wondering with people who are not afraid of horror movies is, if you simply lack the fear due to seeing the beauty in it. Imagine going out for a walk midnight and all the sudden see a mutilated corpse lying in a dark alley, would you cry like a girl, scream and run (That's what I would do XD)?

following you on pateron :D
:)

To me, this goes back to the molestation discussion. If it happens, and nothing else happens, it is boring. But if it is used to give your actions consequences (that again will lead to new actions with their own consequences ect) and develop the character as well as your relationship with that character, then it can be interesting. It also opens up questions like what power do you have over the character (or what power do you need to get over the character) since you are still interacting, or is there another reason to why she is letting you do so. And as @n0b0dy says, its rarely as easy as insta jail/character leave town over night. Which means it is room for some interesting gameplay.

You say that like its a bad thing. Never stop making banners! If that sounds cruel, just remember, I am a sadist.
Well, the thing with rape is that it certainly has so many factors that play a role here. I do agree that it was a little basic what I said but the bottom line for me is that it falls into a whole genre I don't really enjoy. Dominating, owning, rough sex etc. are all sort of making you take control over sb and therefore I really like that. The submission route is about you becoming the ultimate master of a character/characters and rape is sort of like borrowing/stealing and not owning sb to me. Compared to molesting its damage is permanent/final and that's my main problem with it.

While it is certainly an interesting element storywise (the individual unique dialogues of confrontation) I still think it's a dead end. Imagine the MC did rape someone, what now? Thinking through a few scenarios, I feel like no matter what you play, the character will stay in a numbed state, without much room for new and exciting stuff. Even if you succeeded to make her forgive you, she will still have fewer feelings. Keep raping her more frequently and the character starts getting number and number until giving up and not defending herself.

Of course, it depends on the character and many other factors, but it sort of reflects the reality here, raping doesn't require a relationship nor agreement, the raper doesn't care if the character has a cheerful, smart, naive, kind etc. personality at least in middle of the act.

IMO being the raper is less interesting than e.g helping/make use of a rapevictim XD. I also never talk about my ethical view on stuff like this as it would block my creativity and inspiration.

Edit: That Meme is just... perfection (savedXD)

Last edited:

rangaru

Jun 25, 2017
IMO being the raper is less interesting than e.g helping/make use of a rapevictim
It depend on circumstances in my opinion. Stockholm syndrome and prisoners of war submiting to the conqueror maybe acctually very deep and engaging, as those has their roots in reality.

Reactions: n0b0dy

veqvil

Game Developer
Oct 23, 2017
It depend on circumstances in my opinion. Stockholm syndrome and prisoners of war submiting to the conqueror maybe acctually very deep and engaging, as those has their roots in reality.
You do have a point there, but I think those phenomena are coming from being a hostage and not solely from the act of rape. But you are right about those things being very very interesting and engaging... Where is my pen? :D
Don't worry those phenomena won't be part of LaS xD

R

RWaites

You do have a point there, but I think those phenomena are coming from being a hostage and not solely from the act of rape. But you are right about those things being very very interesting and engaging... Where is my pen? :D
Don't worry those phenomena won't be part of LaS XD
I go to bed at on page 48 at 02:00 and come back at 10:00 on page 53, a lot of LOVE for @veqvil

4.30 star(s) 129 Votes