RPGM Partial Love Love! My Buddy: X [v1.030b - Translation Patch 5] [Megrim]

4.90 star(s) 10 Votes

Deleted member 435

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Modder
Donor
Aug 6, 2016
By the way, I think you've updated the OP with just the v1.021 and not v1.021a, at least that's what the DL file name says.
WhiteBomber's last update seems to be just v1.021.
Updated, thank you. Also if you don't mind can you upload the latest translation files? I wouldn't mind cranking out a few hundred lines of edited MTL and I don't want to accidently write over stuff you've already TL'd since last time you uploaded.

Reactions: asdasfa9

asdasfa9

Jul 2, 2018
Updated, thank you. Also if you don't mind can you upload the latest translation files? I wouldn't mind cranking out a few hundred lines of edited MTL and I don't want to accidently write over stuff you've already TL'd since last time you uploaded.
Here's the .trans file for v1.021a:
I've added a bit more note on the TL guide.
Also, is a great MTL engine for when Google and Bing fail to give a desirable result.
I always have it pinned on top with DeskPins during translation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hakkira and EldenFZ

EldenFZ

Jul 16, 2017
Here's the .trans file for v1.021a:
I've added a bit more note on the TL guide.
Also, is a great MTL engine for when Google and Bing fail to give a desirable result.
I always have it pinned on top with DeskPins during translation.
Alright, thx for the new .trans file, I think I'm ready to go now.

I'll probably tackle the maps going from the lowest rows to the highest. I'll prepare some stuff today and tell you what maps I'm planning to translate tomorrow, or preferably, you can tell me instead which maps you'd like me to take care of first.

Reactions: asdasfa9

asdasfa9

Jul 2, 2018
I'll prepare some stuff today and tell you what maps I'm planning to translate tomorrow, or preferably, you can tell me instead which maps you'd like me to take care of first.
Awesome.
You can choose what you want, but starting from Map001 would be ideal seeing that that's the starting town and a bunch of the introductory stuff is still not translated. Or you could also do the NTR stuff, if you're interested.
Sex scenes are located in the Common Events, and their dialogues would be easier to find if you can set up RM VX Ace editor to open the game.

Reactions: tbaum

EldenFZ

Jul 16, 2017
Awesome.
You can choose what you want, but starting from Map001 would be ideal seeing that that's the starting town and a bunch of the introductory stuff is still not translated. Or you could also do the NTR stuff, if you're interested.
Sex scenes are located in the Common Events, and their dialogues would be easier to find if you can set up RM VX Ace editor to open the game.
Alright, I'll try to tackle the map beginning from Map001 then (dang so much rows lol). Though I'll leave the H-scene for later. I can do with the NTR scene since I'm one of the rare breed who enjoys both NTR and Vanilla, so it'll be an exciting experience for me.

I'll see how much rows I should complete before giving you back the .trans file for you to merge (perhaps for each 50 rows translated? I'll still have to see).

Reactions: asdasfa9 and tbaum

Deleted member 435

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Modder
Donor
Aug 6, 2016
I'll focus on more of the areas surrounding the town and some buildings inside the starting town like map 5,12,14, and 16 which are: lumberjack inn, vigilante headquarters, kitani plains, and canaan church I suppose.

Deleted member 435

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Modder
Donor
Aug 6, 2016
Heyo... I may have spent the last 6 hours editing the entire Canaan church...I finished translating all of it soooo Map 16 is now complete. First time I did this with this program and prolly spent way too long on one area of the map but it was a lot more packed than what I thought. Wedding ceremonies for all characters is done now at least...

If there's no problems found with my patch for the church then I will keep doing TL.

Last edited:

asdasfa9

Jul 2, 2018
If there's no problems found with my patch for the church then I will keep doing TL.
Nice!
Just some notes:
- I've always kept some honorifics in the names, like -kun, -san and -chan, e.g. \N[1]-san.
Except for -sama, which I replace with either Lady, Master or Lord, e.g. Master \N[1].
Just to keep some of the feel of the original dialogue.
- You accidentally enclosed a couple of dialogues in double quotes. Probably while you're copying over a cell.
Translator++ encloses the text in double quotes if you Ctrl+C over a cell while not in edit mode.
- You copied Nera's name over to Elmore's (エルモア).
- You might have accidentally copied stuff over some of the initial translation.
overwrite.png
- The game can only show 4 lines per box. You should add the name again on the next line if you want to extend it further.
4linelimit.png

Whenever you wonder about the consistency, you can always Ctrl+F to see if I've already translated a similar term/phrase.
Other than those, the rest should be easily fixable. Let's keep these coming!

Reactions: Hakkira

FlipFish

Oct 23, 2017
Looking good guys, keep it up. If nobody else does then I'll eventually start translating the Toland events if I find the time since the dialogue is pretty straightforward for that. But only if I can find the time, if someone else wants to give it a go then by all means do so.

Actually looking at the dialogue it seems that the event actually has quite a bit of variation. The girls respond differently to Toland's offer

First response is rejecting the offer because their lewdnes isn't high enough
Second response is acceptance
Third response is eagerness when the girl's lewdness is at 100
And there's a fourth response where the girl can't wait to fuck him but I don't know what triggers this one does anybody know?

Last edited:

EldenFZ

Jul 16, 2017
I usually test out the game to see if the context of the dialogue matches the current situation ingame, but since it's taking quite long to patch the game, I decided to go from one rows to another. Since I didn't play the game well enough, it took some getting used to to see each character's personality and what the situation was actually.

I intended to make it all the way to 100 rows before posting the .trans file, but I decided to post one right away with 10 rows completed in the 1 hour of time I gave it, so that I could be pointed out at the mistake I might have done, and will take care not to do it in the future.
View attachment translation_1021a_HelperEldenFZ_Map001_rows4to14(test).rar

asdasfa9

Jul 2, 2018
Since I didn't play the game well enough, it took some getting used to to see each character's personality and what the situation was actually.
You can easily view more information about the game and branching dialogues if you can setup RMVXAce editor.
But here are the Actor numbers used in \N[X] and their descriptions:
1 Slane
No memory of his father, but he has heard of his heroic deeds from those around him.
He decided to leave on a journey due to Lucia's influence.
2 Kei
A lone female bandit that fights against aristocrats for the weak. She supports no party and stays neutral.
She does thievery, but not murder.
3 Anarusia
A descendant of a family with dragon powers.
She has lived a turbulent life but, her encounter with Slane changed her way of living.
4 Lucia
A hunter by nature, she’s been hunting in the forest since childhood.
She's obsessed with hunting the strongest beings and honing her skills. Her adventurous spirit guided Slane to
the outside world.
5 Lind
A female warrior curious about the outside world and the men living there.
She has an honest personality. Grew up in a village with only women, so she's sexually open-minded.
6 Vanilla
She stepped down as the leader of the Arcana Party to devote herself to her research.
However, she gave up her research after meeting her ideal male, Slane.
7 Sylvia
A nun who grew up in a church since childhood.
Her encounter with Slane from the same village greatly changed her destiny.
15 Seraphy
A majin that was bounded by a wicked man.
Determined to serve the one that defeated and liberated her, Slane.

As for their personalities,
Kei seems to be the big sister type. She's on the same alignment as Robin Hood.
Anarusia, I have yet to play with her since she's a new heroine added only in X, so I can't really say anything about her at least until I get to her dialogue lines.
Lucia is the protagonist's childhood friend. Maybe a bit tomboyish? She does hunting after all.
Lind is a strong amazon. Open-minded and doesn't seem to mind when Slane gets on with other women.
Vanilla is Avante's mom, she's a lewd MILF.
Sylvia is obviously the shy and innocent type.
Seraphy is a feisty demon but obedient to her master. She sees some human customs as strange.

I intended to make it all the way to 100 rows before posting the .trans file, but I decided to post one right away with 10 rows completed in the 1 hour of time I gave it, so that I could be pointed out at the mistake I might have done, and will take care not to do it in the future.
- Extra "is" in row 6 "Why is are you here?".
- Perhaps we should use "chief"/"village chief" instead of "mayor", "chief" just sounds more fitting for the setting, but this might just be personal preference. Also this can easily be changed with the replace function.
- The narration parts like rows 4 and 5, I usually write in past tense. But I really have no idea at what tense they should be in. I just used past tense all throughout the translation for consistency, kinda matching "Potion obtained!" messages.

Anyway, the rest looks good to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hakkira and EldenFZ

EldenFZ

Jul 16, 2017
You can easily view more information about the game and branching dialogues if you can setup RMVXAce editor.
But here's the Actor numbers used in \N[X] and their descriptions:
1 Slane
No memory of his father, but he has heard of his heroic deeds from those around him.
He decided to leave on a journey due to Lucia's influence.
2 Kei
A lone female bandit that fights against aristocrats for the weak. She supports no party and stays neutral.
She does thievery, but not murder.
3 Anarusia
A descendant of a family with dragon powers.
She has lived a turbulent life but, her encounter with Slane changed her way of living.
4 Lucia
A hunter by nature, she’s been hunting in the forest since childhood.
She's obsessed with hunting the strongest beings and honing her skills. Her adventurous spirit guided Slane to
the outside world.
5 Lind
A female warrior curious about the outside world and the men living there.
She has an honest personality. Grew up in a village with only women, so she's sexually open-minded.
6 Vanilla
She stepped down as the leader of the Arcana Party to devote herself to her research.
However, she gave up her research after meeting her ideal male, Slane.
7 Sylvia
A nun who grew up in a church since childhood.
Her encounter with Slane from the same village greatly changed her destiny.
15 Seraphy
A majin that was bounded by a wicked man.
Determined to serve the one that defeated and liberated her, Slane.

As for their personalities,
Kei seems to be the big sister type. She's on the same alignment as Robin Hood.
Anarusia, I have yet to play with her since she's a new heroine added only in X, so I can't really say anything about her at least until I get to her dialogue lines.
Lucia is the protagonist's childhood friend. Maybe a bit tomboyish? She does hunting after all.
Lind is a strong amazon. Open-minded and doesn't seem to mind when Slane gets on with other women.
Vanilla is Avante's mom, she's a lewd MILF.
Sylvia is obviously the shy and innocent type.
Seraphy is a feisty demon but obedient to her master. She sees some human customs as strange.

- Extra "is" in row 6 "Why is are you here?".
- Perhaps we should use "chief"/"village chief" instead of "mayor", "chief" just sounds more fitting for the setting, but this might just be personal preference. Also this can easily be changed with the replace function.
- The narration parts like rows 4 and 5, I usually write in past tense. But I really have no idea at what tense they should be in. I just used past tense all throughout the translation for consistency, kinda matching "Potion obtained!" messages.

Anyway, the rest looks good to me.
Alright, noted: chief, all past tense. I'll try to see how I can get around the dialogue on RPGM Vx Ace editor. And thx for making a detailed description of their personality, I was kinda wondering about the gender of each character so knowing all these will boost the efficiency of my work flow.

This time, I'll deliver the next .trans file when I get to ~114th rows.

Deleted member 435

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Modder
Donor
Aug 6, 2016
Nice!
Just some notes:
- I've always kept some honorifics in the names, like -kun, -san and -chan, e.g. \N[1]-san.
Except for -sama, which I replace with either Lady, Master or Lord, e.g. Master \N[1].
Just to keep some of the feel of the original dialogue.
- You accidentally enclosed a couple of dialogues in double quotes. Probably while you're copying over a cell.
Translator++ encloses the text in double quotes if you Ctrl+C over a cell while not in edit mode.
- You copied Nera's name over to Elmore's (エルモア).
- You might have accidentally copied stuff over some of the initial translation.
View attachment 722111
- The game can only show 4 lines per box. You should add the name again on the next line if you want to extend it further.
View attachment 722100

Whenever you wonder about the consistency, you can always Ctrl+F to see if I've already translated a similar term/phrase.
Other than those, the rest should be easily fixable. Let's keep these coming!
Thanks for the feedback, I'll try to implement it when I continue the TL. I'll probably end up doing all of the nightfog inn next but I wont do it all in one go like I did with the church lol. Also kitani plains file is A LOT bigger than I thought and a lot of the monsters that appear there aren't translated yet so I will also be going slow on that..

-As for copying Nera name over to Elmore, I ended up actually changing Elmore to Nera then to Novitiate since there are actually 2 girls sharing that name so I assumed they're just the nuns in training and it's not actually the name of a girl.
-The times I copied over your TL to my TL was when I edited the dialogue which in this case was only on the confirmation of marriage screen...I ended up just changing "one" to once" to make it fit better in the sentence structure.
-Didn't know how to extend the box, I went manually through each speech box trying to reshape the sentence structure to fit a single box so now this will go faster, ty!

Edit: just realized for the copied translations that I copied the wrong character codes, my bad.

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
by the way does the translation work in a full window's mode with out taking some of the screen.

Deleted member 435

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Modder
Donor
Aug 6, 2016
by the way does the translation work in a full window's mode with out taking some of the screen.
Uh, if the original japanese text takes up space then the english TL should also take up the same space. Window and fullscreen just stretch the text and app window, there is no modification going on there except resizing. If your question is how to CLOSE a text box I believe the new key for the recent update is one of the f7-f12 keys.

4.90 star(s) 10 Votes