Ren'Py Love, Lust, and Rock 'n Roll [v1.61] [FlinPaltwell]

4.30 star(s) 25 Votes

TheAvatar

Apr 28, 2017
Dunno wasn't a big fan of art style and models at first, but I find it growing on me as I played through it. In the end, I really found myself enjoying it and wishing it lasted more. With a bit of polishing and refining, this can become a little gem of his genre, even keeping this art style which is animated... competently. 7-/10 for now. Hype for future updates, see if you can win us completely dev!

Last edited:

TheAvatar

Apr 28, 2017
Is it even possible to see more than one scene (other than gf) in a single playthrough? I get events that should obviously be leading to scenes but they just end with no action, despite high stats.

This has surprsingly good writing that makes up for the derpy graphics and lack of proper scenes. But it's a nightmare to play without save tampering unless you really like wasting time for nothing.
one just needs to follow the Tutorial word by word - even if it's a little "imprecise" - and save & reload and it should be fine. I got all three main girls before the end of the update through a little bit of understanding of how to develop certain stats who were needed for the scenes themselves. Good stuff

TheAvatar

Apr 28, 2017
Also, I think that seeing a dick or a vagina in this art style would kinda be... not exactly helping you enjoying the scenes of the game, just saying

TheAvatar

Apr 28, 2017
I know that the main core of the game it's its randomness and I like that, but I would like to be able to see all the content for myself. I tried using a console to set the variables the way I preferred them but it doesn't seem to work. Is there anyone who could help me to edit them or it's impossible?

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
I know that the main core of the game it's its randomness and I like that, but I would like to be able to see all the content for myself. I tried using a console to set the variables the way I preferred them but it doesn't seem to work. Is there anyone who could help me to edit them or it's impossible?
I still haven't been able to see all despite messing with them. I think the most scenes I got was with all three girls but not on every occasion that you could get one. What I did was make sure the guilt stat was 0 everytime I knew the mini-game would result in a scene with that girl.

wokpuncher

Feb 14, 2018
The RNG works unexpectedly well here, had a lot of fun with the game. It's a little disappointing that the dev decided not to include some steamier sex scenes, having in mind that his female characters flaunt their enormous racks left and right, and the MC comments on them a lot - strange for me. The stories beg for something more in the future.
Additionally having different fonts for different characters makes me want to cry designer tears.

TheAvatar

Apr 28, 2017
I definitely want to see at least two or three more updates of this, I'd like to see where it goes. Probably there won't be other female characters, but a rockstar definitely has groupies and fans around, right?

PeggyBlackett

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
Giving it a try.

Could wish for different/better* art though.
==========================

* In my opinion, anyway. Not saying my opinion is definitive.

jhustrue

Mar 3, 2020
I used a save editor to cheat because I'm too lazy to play over and over, but man, the sex scenes in this game are hot! I just wish genitalia and nipples were shown, but oh well, that's a minor gripe.

I liked the game, but I definitely wouldn't play without cheating. Way too much work.

Reactions: ArcadiaBae

FlinPaltwell

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2021
Oh gosh, hey everyone! I'm the dev! Brand new to the site, had no idea this thread existed until a friend pointed it out to me.

First off, I'm humbled by the enthusiasm. KIND OF expected a lot of dislike, and that which I've gotten, I totally understand. I fully acknowledge that the art style takes some getting used to, and it's not for everyone.
Not to mention, the cheating/softcore(especially this softcore) combo is something I just never see (but personally WANT to see), which is a big part of why I made this. It's not everyone's cup of tea, and that's okay!

Regarding sex scene RNG/penalties: In my mind, the "canon" first sex scenes in this game would happen during the band tour (which is about to start, but hasn't started just yet). As such, literally all the sex scenes available right now are kind of meant as "bonuses." Also, after doing it, I wanted the high guilt to lead to you missing out on the next sex scene or two, especially early on...and when there's only a total of 4 possible for each non-Stella (and the first one with each is really difficult in the first place), you get a game where you get to fuck the same lady once, maybe twice, unless you do a LOT of save-scumming and focus on her.
tl;dr: The game is unfinished. This is just the first stage.

That said, in the current update I'm working on, I've already halved the lust penalties from -20 to -10 after sex, and may eradicate them and the like penalties altogether. I may reduce the amount of guilt gained as well (by default, anyway - not all scenes add the same values).

There are a lot of hidden game mechanics. The tutorial is already more of an information overload than I'd like, so I didn't really get into it. But for those invested, there are some mechanics that it's probably good for you to know.
So, here are just a few things not explained in the tutorial (as I post this, anyway):
  • When you see a "*" next to an option, that means it's better than usual. Study and Band options are doubled, while conversations go from 3 stages to 4.
  • Like I said above, there are 4 chances for sex scenes with each non-Stella waifu.
    • There are 4 chapters, and each girl in each chapter has 1 unique "solo" scene. Each chapter also has a unique band gig scene.
    • Sex is possible in any solo scene from Chapter 2 onward, for a total of 3 each. Sex is also possible in the second band gig event with whomever you choose to hang out with (hence, a total of 4 each).
  • Band and Academics are WAY WORTH IT.
    • Like the tutorial says, most sex scenes are gated behind them (Band for Kelly, Academics for Amy, both for Julie).
    • Like the tutorial doesn't say, the length of your conversations in solo scenes are directly influenced by these stats. For example, if Amy wants to study with you and your academics is very high, it stands to reason you'd have a lot more time to talk. That means Band and Academics pay off huge in the long run.
    • During concerts, when everyone blushes at you for singing your heart out, they each gain lust equal to half your band stat. I wanna give a similar upside to Academics but haven't gotten around to it yet.
  • During any solo scene after Chapter 1 (with anyone other than Stella), if your Band/Academics is high enough to pass the first gate, a moment will come when you'll see a lone ellipses (where the only text is "..."). This typically marks a "lust check."
    • If her "Like" and "Lust" values are greater than 0, then there is always a chance for success, however small.
    • There is also always a chance for failure, however large lol.
    • Love (only raised through...making love) is the only way to eventually remove this chance for failure, and the game's not nearly long enough yet for that. I may fuck with love's role in the formula more before all is said and done.
God, there are more things, but it's just too much for me to explain all at once. I hope you understand.
Thank you so much for the interest! I'll try to answer a few questions in my next few posts.

FlinPaltwell

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2021
If I know F95, you're about to get some shit for that version number.
I don't know F95, and I didn't make this thread, but could you enlighten me? The version number is supposed to be 1.0, though in the first update I've extended it to "1.0.1." I've noticed this thread seems to have gone with 0.1 for some reason.

Will there be an Android version?
MAAAAYYBEEEEE. I was gonna build for Android until I realized it was going to be a lot more work than expected (not as simple as "check the 'build for Android' box"). It's the kind of thing I'd imagine getting around to eventually if the game is popular enough to warrant it, but as someone who doesn't see the appeal of VNs on tiny mobile screens, I'm afraid it's low-priority for me.

I definitely want to see at least two or three more updates of this, I'd like to see where it goes. Probably there won't be other female characters, but a rockstar definitely has groupies and fans around, right?
I'm glad!!
I have made a model that's kind of a partial re-skin of Kelly but with totally different hair, tanner skin, and hazel eyes. I've imagined her being a fan of the band (and of course, she has to be attending the concert with her boyfriend, right?). I'm playing with the idea of incorporating her and potentially others later, but I'm currently undecided. It'll all depend on where my effort's going.

Bruh, it's funny how much the dev curses through the entirety of the tutorial, seems like fun. Hope pregnancy is added in the game but of course that's only if the dev wants it.
I've thought about pregnancy. If you've seen literally all of the sex scenes, you've probably guessed I'm a fan of coming inside, but I also prefer that the risk of pregnancy be a non-issue. That said, I've thought about it happening eventually near the end of the story (ironically, this may be one of the few things I don't make random). Whether or not this leads to me actually creating pregnant versions of them that then have further intimate scenes...it's not really a fetish of mine, so I can't promise anything.
And I'm glad you liked the tutorial! Tried to make it fun to compensate for its density.

Reactions: Blackowl97

FlinPaltwell

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2021
It's always fascinating seeing games animated using Blender.

I think most notably MIST is also animated using Blender, it's curious to me though.

Refreshing that there is something other than Koikatsu/Daz/etc being used - but potentially this is one that stands to improve over time!

Good luck creating this game, should be interesting to see how it develops, and what it will bring to the table.
Thank you!! I'm a huge fan of Blender, and I'm with you - I always find it interesting to find out what other people have done with it (did you know a lot of the storyboard work for "Into the Spiderverse" was done in Blender? It was just concept art, but still...the community was hype for weeks).

Oof. That's a lot of randomization. It's like playing Russian Roulette with my ejaculation during my vinegar strokes.
Hahaha! When I started the project, I just found that randomness had a tendency to make the game feel like it was "alive." The thrill of not knowing whether or not a girl would go for me was just...it felt good. I've tried to maintain that feeling all this time. The code got more and more complex, but I started to find that I could replay it more and more too.

Dunno wasn't a big fan of art style and models at first, but I find it growing on me as I played through it. In the end, I really found myself enjoying it and wishing it lasted more. With a bit of polishing and findings, this can become a little gem of his genre, even keeping this art style which is animated... competently. 7-/10 for now. Hype for future updates, see if you can win us completely dev!
CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!
Seriously though, thanks for the kind words! I have many plans to polish things up, and I initially never intended to release this game, but after encouragement from several friends, I decided it was in a complete enough state to see if people liked the idea.

Additionally having different fonts for different characters makes me want to cry designer tears.
Not a fan of the fonts, huh? I dunno, I just never felt like nametags were enough to make it clear who's speaking, especially when I don't have the sprites doing anything obvious (like zoom in or talk). At the very least, I find the color important, since that's how I distinguish internal narration.
I may reconsider the fonts at some point. No promises.

Giving it a try.

Could wish for different/better* art though.
==========================

* In my opinion, anyway. Not saying my opinion is definitive.
Hey, no worries, I feel the same way! Hahaha! I wanted a much more traditional anime art style, and I found myself iterating again and again until I arrived at "good enough for me." I wanted to make it better, but at a certain point I had to decide to move forward. This unfortunately kinda locks me in now, but maybe someday when I start a new project I might be able to do better.

grgrgr5

Mar 13, 2018
I don't know F95, and I didn't make this thread, but could you enlighten me? The version number is supposed to be 1.0, though in the first update I've extended it to "1.0.1." I've noticed this thread seems to have gone with 0.1 for some reason.
I'm mostly joking, but I have observed that people consider 1.0 to be a completed version of a game and that versions tend to lead up to 1.0, usually starting at .01 or something like that. Usually new releases on here labeled as 1.0 get a lot of comments about it not being a correct numbering system for versions. It's kind of an in joke at this point on F95.

Reactions: mofonistik

TheAvatar

Apr 28, 2017
Good to see you here and great to see you're chill. :) I don't know how much longer do you plan to go with this game in terms of Chapters... Let's just say for example that if you planned 50 Chapters (xD), this would be version 0.1 then. 1.0 is, in this forum's perception, a "completed" base game, let's say. I bring it up because I would like to see this game to last for a long while given the premises.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 25 Votes