UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
While the weretiger is physically impressive (not to mention hot as hell), Bella is our chosen and could crush her with one hand. Remember her handshake with the werebear?. The chosen tap our power as necessary, sometimes far more than is safe. Remember Akane piercing the veil?

Not to mention at her most vicious the MC simply healed faster than she could wound him. So she's no threat to the MC, but probably makes a great body guard and additional dalliance, assuming Emily and maybe Katey don't mind too much.

Reactions: Tavi13 and JMINATL

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
considering elsewhere politics i see no disadvantage in turning Jalsa into a chosen
She doesn't WANT to be chosen.

They need to want it, there needs to be some sort of connection between the girls and the god .... there isn't one.

She was just looking for a fight and a fuck, not romance.

I wonder if the fey Dylan love interest is only interest in Dylan to get close enough to our MC to plunge a proper adamantium style knife in our backs?
Or she's just Dylan's love interest.

furthermore having other chosen from other gods around us means we are open to be betrayed but with strong bodyguards the other gods will ponder twice before trying anything like sending a cambion!
You have a really weird obsession with betrayal.

and i still think Merlin has a backup plan to comfort the grieving widow and take up the mantle of the winter king if we fuck up... Thor perhaps? that would be a twist... maybe one of Thor or Odin bastards that as been hidden away for a century or two to be trained?
I very highly doubt Merlin or the MC's dad would trust Thor or any of the Aesir with that amount of power.

Also who sent the hellhounds at Em crib when she was just 2 years old? can the cult foresee the future? somehow i suspect it was the fey member of the cult trying to remove the stain from the fey court of one of their highborn being married to a human mongrel, i wonder if it was what drove that specific member of the fey court into the cult? could there be a shadow government body among st the fey as daddy old horns was slumbering away the centuries? could it be a specific tribe of the fey who are particularly prickly about such blood mixes?
That would only work if they were going for Erec too considering he was the human that married a Fey against all wishes making Emily another human/Fey mongrel.

Considering her mother isn't anywhere near as powerful as the MC's dad it would be less likely a reason.

Last edited:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Emily's mother wasn't on the outs with the bulk of the Fae community, though traditionalists hated Erec for marrying a noble Fae. She's still sworn to Horney as a Lady when Emily is ~8 years old, so she's still nominally part of the Court of Tir Na nOg.

One thing about the story is that it'll never go fully grim-dark; in tone it's much closer inspired by Lord of the Rings than Game of Thrones. Yes, people will die, but it'll be incidents closer to Boromir's death than to GoT's widespread cast culling.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Emily's mother wasn't on the outs with the bulk of the Fae community, though traditionalists hated Erec for marrying a noble Fae. She's still sworn to Horney as a Lady when Emily is ~8 years old, so she's still nominally part of the Court of Tir Na nOg.

One thing about the story is that it'll never go fully grim-dark; in tone it's much closer inspired by Lord of the Rings than Game of Thrones. Yes, people will die, but it'll be incidents closer to Boromir's death than to GoT's widespread cast culling.
You're killing Sean Bean too?

He's so unlucky he's even dying in stuff he's not part of.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
The funny part was of course that prior to this he was mostly famous for playing Sharpe in Sharpe's Rifles, where he was essentially the unkillable alpha male :)
And still my fave series to this day.

I'd turn straight for Sharpe ...... or Harper.

Or Harper's volley gun.

Or Hagman's voice. Loved his singing.

Reactions: Droid Productions

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
boring .... Dylan is a fey human spawn there are so many plot points to explore there and you wanna make him just a boring nurse!
If his love interest tried to stab the MC ... that would still make Dylan a "boring nurse", it would be his LI that got the glory.

Don't think that's very likely to happen.

well it makes for a good story
No, it makes for a repetitive story. We've already had Thor's betrayal and constant reminder that the voices may turn any second.

Keep going to the betrayal bag gets old and boring after a while.

It soon stops being "who do we trust" to "why is the MC such an idiot if he's going to keep getting backstabbed".

It turns from plot point to trope. There are already plenty of story threads out there without adding nonsensical betrayals from bit part characters.

I'm pretty sure Droid is good enough at writing his story at this point that he doesn't need to keep repeating the same thing.

they do not trust the mc with that amount of power either but a plan b as in Booker is better then no plan!
What sense would a plan b make?

If the MC fails, it's game over.

The mantle can't just be handed to someone else, neither can the mana filled glade. There is a reason the MC had to be tied to Emily because it's too much power for any one person and he needed grounding especially with his temper.

If that fails a plan b isn't going to make a jot of difference, it would be too late.

Andrr Dobe

Feb 1, 2018
You Driod know with akane shadow hunter gear she is kinda like Princess Zelda. Also are you gonna add loki or Frenris into the game Fenris could be the father to were wolves.

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
Definitely! The Dojo gets the most action of all the KD rooms so far. There's Molly Dancing, Bella training, meeting Akane's family and of course Jalsa.
heh see I went the other way, I got the tea house then the bath before arsing about scrounging up the last £4000. I'm not even sure it was built before the end of the update.

Sleeping In Pieces

Mar 16, 2019
Definitely! The Dojo gets the most action of all the KD rooms so far. There's Molly Dancing, Bella training, meeting Akane's family and of course Jalsa.
Jan 25 after date night with Emily.
They're talking about Chloe as if she wasn't there but her sprite is. And even if she's supposed to be there, is it supposed to overlap with Jannice's like that?

Reactions: Droid Productions

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Nope; bug. I rewrote how characters were placed, it had a couple of side-effects I'll clean out for Act VIII+.

Shnurre

Jul 10, 2017
What flags do define Katie's fireball damage?

I finished book one on some dev build, but Katie's damage was stuck on 100, 40 fire (fireball 2 in the table here ) till the end. Her event with Emily (giving fireball 3) did not fire, and she didn't increase damage after day 105, when she reached the power level.
I am reluctant to start a book 2 because I am afraied Katie is broken and playing book 1 from scratch is time-consuming. Is there a way to fix her damage via flags?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
What flags do define Katie's fireball damage?

I finished book one on some dev build, but Katie's damage was stuck on 100, 40 fire (fireball 2 in the table here ) till the end. Her event with Emily (giving fireball 3) did not fire, and she didn't increase damage after day 105, when she reached the power level.
I am reluctant to start a book 2 because I am afraied Katie is broken and playing book 1 from scratch is time-consuming. Is there a way to fix her damage via flags?
KATIE_FIREGEM should be the one used in Book 2.

Shnurre

Jul 10, 2017
KATIE_FIREGEM should be the one used in Book 2.
Thanks a lot.
All the flags starting with "katie" prefix are active, including katie_firegem (both in the end of book 1 and beginning of book 2). Does it mean that I am good to go an Katie's damage should be Fireball3b and Fireball9_2b ?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Thanks a lot.
All the flags starting with "katie" prefix are active (both in the end of book 1 and beginning of book 2). Does it mean that I am good to go an Katie's damage should be allright?
Yupp, if KATIE_FIREGEM is set, she'll use that. I simplified the choices in the combat dialog for Katie in Book 2 (it'll get more complex as time goes by, with new abilities, etc); I needed to know she's kicking ass at this stage, because she's important to the story.

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes