Shnurre

Jul 10, 2017
Yupp, if KATIE_FIREGEM is set, she'll use that. I simplified the choices in the combat dialog for Katie in Book 2 (it'll get more complex as time goes by, with new abilities, etc); I needed to know she's kicking ass at this stage, because she's important to the story.
Thanks again.
Although I have already started playing book 1 from scratch and got sucked in. Great game and really worth replaying

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Thanks again.
Although I have already started playing book 1 from scratch and got sucked in. Great game and really worth replaying
Yeah, I tried to make it like that. There's not a lot of core story changes; you can't get into a situation without Emily, Katie or the Chosen, but I tried to layer a lot of dialog, so it reads one way the first time you play, and another way the next time. Chloe's particularly bad for it, but Torman, Katie and Molly all have sequences where stuff should re-read differently on your second playthrough.

Reactions: DocSilence

Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I couldnt remember Molly that specific time, probably I should replay book 1 to remember it.
As for Jelsa, I havent meet with her in act VIII, can I met with her in free roaming period between updates or should I find savefile a little back?

EDIT; I find out, we can meet with her in that period Thank you enabling free roam between updates and for giving that chance :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Droid Productions

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
heh see I went the other way, I got the tea house then the bath before arsing about scrounging up the last £4000. I'm not even sure it was built before the end of the update.
I've played all the build orders. Dojo first is IMHO the way to go.

absalon1977

Jun 5, 2018
i have an issue i restarted from book 1 with walkthrough, when i started book 2 the walkthrough tells me too upgrade the os on the computer and then order dress for chloe and get number from jenny, but i have no idea how too do those things i tend too think i am missing something but i have no idea what it is.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
i have an issue i restarted from book 1 with walkthrough, when i started book 2 the walkthrough tells me too upgrade the os on the computer and then order dress for chloe and get number from jenny, but i have no idea how too do those things i tend too think i am missing something but i have no idea what it is.
I think it's because the walkthrough is based on the latest beta (it's updated as I write the game). The updated computer / dress for Chloe and other sections are Act VIII+ content I'm still building out; don't worry, you can continue to play, and when Act VIII+ is ready there won't be any issues for your savegame (just things like your computer updating on whatever day you're on, rather than at the beginning of book 2).

If you're playing the game on steam you can watch and play as it's being built by enabling the Beta build.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Ah see I went teahouse first (adding a bit of class to Camelot) heh. Will need to go again
Doesn't really matter, they can all be built over the sequence of Book 2, it's just a matter of what do you want to build first (and what sequences unlock from that). I would start the Dojo first, mostly because so many secondary optional events trigger from there, while so far only Akane's events trigger from dining table and onsen.

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
Doesn't really matter, they can all be built over the sequence of Book 2, it's just a matter of what do you want to build first (and what sequences unlock from that). I would start the Dojo first, mostly because so many secondary optional events trigger from there, while so far only Akane's events trigger from dining table and onsen.
Oh yeah I know, I just arsed about when it got to 4k. I should have made a point of building everything but I was just roaming about killing demons and never went to sell my gems.

Reactions: Droid Productions

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
Nope; bug. I rewrote how characters were placed, it had a couple of side-effects I'll clean out for Act VIII+.
Hi, since you are active here, I write it here. Noticed same bug, but also, the "shield" from Merlin is listed, but then you can never start it, it says it is not implemented (though that is not really a bug), a pity, as you basically have the resources and the time to create it, but cannot use them. I think it would be nice to have it, to protect the troops.
Also, I may have found another bug - when I finished the game, in the last explorations/fights, I had risen to level 36, with an indication of 940hp. But when I tried to start again the game, and load the latest save (the one made automatically by the game and the end), and tried to continue and go in another fight, it was giving me only 660 as hp. If instead I load from the day (using day 150, the one before the last), then I get the right value for the HP.
Small note about the interface, if it is not going to be very complex in terms of programming, maybe something you can add up: during the poker, you can use keyboard shortcuts to activate the allies, but some of them, may have multiple choices after (I got Bella with 4), it would be nice if it was possible to use again shortcuts to select the options.
By the way, not sure if you plan/think to put them (could be very complex), but would be nice if there could be an active role also in some battle ;-).

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Hi, since you are active here, I write it here. Noticed same bug, but also, the "shield" from Merlin is listed, but then you can never start it, it says it is not implemented (though that is not really a bug), a pity, as you basically have the resources and the time to create it, but cannot use them. I think it would be nice to have it, to protect the troops.
Also, I may have found another bug - when I finished the game, in the last explorations/fights, I had risen to level 36, with an indication of 940hp. But when I tried to start again the game, and load the latest save (the one made automatically by the game and the end), and tried to continue and go in another fight, it was giving me only 660 as hp. If instead I load from the day (using day 150, the one before the last), then I get the right value for the HP.
Small note about the interface, if it is not going to be very complex in terms of programming, maybe something you can add up: during the poker, you can use keyboard shortcuts to activate the allies, but some of them, may have multiple choices after (I got Bella with 4), it would be nice if it was possible to use again shortcuts to select the options.
By the way, not sure if you plan/think to put them (could be very complex), but would be nice if there could be an active role also in some battle ;-).

Yeah, I'm still dealing with the impact of having MC's power involved in an actual battle; I have some ideas, but they're not ready yet. If I get it to where I want I'll likely go back and redo Act XIII end to add a combat sequence.

Starting Book 2 it loads Act6.sav. It's auto-generated at the end of Act VI (when you sit with Emily watching the fireworks), but you can happily copy your latest auto-save over it.

Keyboard shortcuts should work throughout the ally UI; I might need to check that, though.

Mar 27, 2019
One thing I had noticed myself...when Katie is in the combat party, it doesn't matter which of the 2 choices I pick for her, she does the same amount of damage for both. Didn't know if that was a glitch or not...

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
One thing I had noticed myself...when Katie is in the combat party, it doesn't matter which of the 2 choices I pick for her, she does the same amount of damage for both. Didn't know if that was a glitch or not...
That WOULD be a bug. Let me check.

She also gets a third attack, Fire Mastery, in Act VIII+ :)

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
I couldnt remember Molly that specific time, probably I should replay book 1 to remember it.
As for Jelsa, I havent meet with her in act VIII, can I met with her in free roaming period between updates or should I find savefile a little back?

EDIT; I find out, we can meet with her in that period Thank you enabling free roam between updates and for giving that chance :)
Hmm, since you tried already, do you know if one can continue "building stuff" (e.g. complete the Dojo) in that phase, and can I ask you how one meets Jelsa (I have no clue who she is, so, I am curious) ? Thanks.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Hmm, since you tried already, do you know if one can continue "building stuff" (e.g. complete the Dojo) in that phase, and can I ask you how one meets Jelsa (I have no clue who she is, so, I am curious) ? Thanks.
You're free to build stuff / play in the random dungeons, etc in the game+ sequences. The only downside is that it'll make the world less 'full' when you play the next act (since you'll already have played a bunch of the side-content planned for it).

Jalsa is an Act VII character you encounter while training in the Dojo.

Once you continue playing Act IX, and load your latest savegame, it'll rewind you to the right time and location, while keeping any stats and sidequests you've done.

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
Starting Book 2 it loads Act6.sav. It's auto-generated at the end of Act VI (when you sit with Emily watching the fireworks), but you can happily copy your latest auto-save over it.
Sorry, my bad, I was not clear. I was referring to the end of book 2 (well, the end for the moment) act VIII. When I ended it, I had reached level 36, with hp 940 max, but when I tried to do the "free roaming", and reload it, it went down to 660hp max. Though I tried loading from day 150, go forward, and the continue directly, and it seems to have worked, so it seems it may not be a systematic bug. I just loaded a save from day 156 I have done after, and it worked nicely.

Thanks for the Jalsa explanation, I had not built the dojo by then (the first thing I built was the Onsen), it means I missed that, so, I guess that event is not possible anymore, unless I load from waaaay back to go back to chapter VII, and continue from there (though actually, when book 2 is finished, maybe one could start all the way from the start of book 2, to see all the additions and corrections).

By the way, sorry, my bad, I just tried to use the keys to select the option for the action to do, after I had activated the ally, and it worked fine. Not seeing the indication, I thought it did not work.

Still very happy to support on Patreon, it's a great game ;-), hope you get more "patrons".

Last edited:
Reactions: Real Kreten
4.60 star(s) 258 Votes