Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Oh! I didnt know about that. I can remember the hands. I am gonna go and try it. Thanks for helping me out. Cheers.
First step is to set difficulty to easy; that makes all enemies a lot easier to play. Pressing Space will auto-play the highest hand (which, once you play really hard enemies, may not be the optimal choice, but on easy difficulty you'll never worry about it). There's a simple deck-building element, where you can assign different gems (spells) to different hands (so playing a pair triggers a fireball1, three of a kind a fireball4, etc). Overall the story-based combat on Easy mode should be ~10-15 mins over the 10-15 hrs main story of the game.

For people who find they like it, they can of course go back and spend more time on combat, dip into the deck-building element and spend time on the Paths of Elsewhere, which is a randomly generated dungeon. But that's all optional.

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
The issue with that is, what in the game necessitates having 5000 shield apart from an Outsider?Game over.
True, indeed I do not get systematically up to that level. The 5000+ was actually more or less accidental, but it was a good test, exactly thinking in future about Outsiders.
I just used Fir so I get a shield high enough that I didn't need to worry while Excalibur recharged, and then I could ask Bella with Mjolnir and myself with Excalibur to slash, and even the cards to give some attack, by asking occasionally the help of Molly.
In practice, since anyway the enemy is focusing the attack on the MC, I used myself as "punching ball" for the enemy, while my team, and myself with Excalibur when charged, slash at them.
It was a simple way to build up level, I got to 50, and built up skills so when I use excalibur it gives 1500 damage, and it recharges fast.
Excalibur is like the beloved wife, it is not that they are not good in defense, but the offense is where they have the greatest value.
Also to be remembered, it is still not guaranteed we will not need to tackle more than one outsider at once, and actually, it would be normal, now that they got some losses and they were used to be almost invincible, that they are more careful and come in a couple, rather than alone (nasty suggestion for Droid Productions ? ;-)) - though the way the poker is made, I think cannot support it directly, maybe just as when they are in couple, if you dispatch one, then you still have to dispatch the other, and/or the attacks and HP combine.
But of course, it could take a couple more to go down before they (or they allies of the Cult, since they are the brain) realise it and act.

Last edited:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I'll definitely be adding higher tier enemies; as always, it's just a matter of time :)

And we've so far dealt with two lone outsiders... the time is coming for groups.

Reactions: Tavi13

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
Thanks, the tea house is taking its time to be built, but I guess that's just me being impatient and not counting the 14 days (I built everything else before), I will see if after that, I can talk to the dragon, of it there is some kind of link to the date as well.
Now I am trying to continue building myself up (the first outsider was by a thread, if I had not had the help of Xochi, and then Quetzacoatl coming after, I would not have managed, I was by far not high enough), and seeing if by bringing them with me, I can "build up" also the others.

Reactions: Droid Productions

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
I'll definitely be adding higher tier enemies; as always, it's just a matter of time :)

And we've so far dealt with two lone outsiders... the time is coming for groups.
heh cool. Was worried my comment may have come off as criticism when that obviously wasn't the case. Love the game and the direction and I heartedly look forward to each update

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020

Well, that's why I have been "investing" (well, some time) going forward in building to this level, and maybe a bit more :) (aside that I would really like to see that Jelsa thing and that Draco event).
The first Outsider caught me by surprise, I got through to kill it, but by a thread, there was more than one moment where I got down to almost zero hp, Xochi had to pump me up and I had to use Excalibur as a shield instead than a sword. Knowing your enemy and doing nothing to prepare before engaging, is foolish.
Plus, if there is a brain behind in their actions, who said those were not just some kind of reconnaissance ? :)
They got a staging ground (Mexico) allowing to attack first the country that used to spend in weapons more than the rest of the World put together (hope the mods don't consider this politics :), since it is forbidden on F95, though it just statistical data) and is still the one the spend most in the World (39% of the World total military expenses, according to 2020 data) and at the same time loves all high tech stuff (which makes it more vulnerable to their kind of attack).
So, they can think it is the best to assess how easy can be to win (though in reality, other countries may have a lot less quantity, only in part as advanced, but they have still stuff that hurts, and is not so much electronic-based, thus more resilient to their interference), while at the same time, distracting people from Germany.
Germany is in a nice quite central position in the European subcontinent, and it is also still a strategic logistic center even for the US military.
I am not getting in mode detail, but it would actually make perfect sense :-D

Azsouth

Mar 1, 2021
I was trying to do the things in the walkthrough for book 2 but some of the stuff on the first day is not achievable for me. The MC laptop has way less stuff on it than in book 1 and you can't buy the dress or whatever for Chloe because the app is gone. Says that at Late Night you should be able to upgrade the laptop, that it looks like ransomware, but I don't see anything other than some basic apps and links to external sources.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I was trying to do the things in the walkthrough for book 2 but some of the stuff on the first day is not achievable for me. The MC laptop has way less stuff on it than in book 1 and you can't buy the dress or whatever for Chloe because the app is gone. Says that at Late Night you should be able to upgrade the laptop, that it looks like ransomware, but I don't see anything other than some basic apps and links to external sources.
You're still playing the last public release (Act VIII); the guy writing the walkthrough is on the Beta release. If you're on Steam, just enable beta branch. Once I'm done with Act VIII+, I'll release it to the public. I've got a couple of additional events to do first.

pawsie

Nov 23, 2019
You're still playing the last public release (Act VIII); the guy writing the walkthrough is on the Beta release. If you're on Steam, just enable beta branch. Once I'm done with Act VIII+, I'll release it to the public. I've got a couple of additional events to do first.
Hello I have a question, I purchased the game on steam, and when I checked my email it stated their was (not) a patch, that could be found here. I also see a game Landlady and flatmate but I am unable to play the game. am I missing something? sorry if its a bother to ask, I just try and get the full experience you know?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Hello I have a question, I purchased the game on steam, and when I checked my email it stated their was (not) a patch, that could be found here. I also see a game Landlady and flatmate but I am unable to play the game. am I missing something? sorry if its a bother to ask, I just try and get the full experience you know?
Landlady & Flatmate was a joke game I wrote so MC would have something to play on the flight from home. I asked around if anyone wanted MC to play their game, but nobody were interested, so I made my own one :) It's also a joke / reference to the various incest games that camouflage the incest content by pretending that it's just 'landlady' and 'flatmates'. Similarly the patch email is a joke about how people have 'true story' patches for re-adding the missing incest content.

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
Landlady & Flatmate was a joke game I wrote so MC would have something to play on the flight from home. I asked around if anyone wanted MC to play their game, but nobody were interested, so I made my own one :) It's also a joke / reference to the various incest games that camouflage the incest content by pretending that it's just 'landlady' and 'flatmates'. Similarly the patch email is a joke about how people have 'true story' patches for re-adding the missing incest content.
I do enjoy the collaborations. Was playing Neko Paradise yesterday and stumbled upon a Chloe out in the wild

1628583727300.png

PervySageKem

Apr 12, 2020
Quick question: the description talks about v1.0.7b, which you can download, and a v0.1.19d, which seems to have more things. Is the second version mention episode 2? Does it include episode one with the extra things mentioned or is that second version something else entirely?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Quick question: the description talks about v1.0.7b, which you can download, and a v0.1.19d, which seems to have more things. Is the second version mention episode 2? Does it include episode one with the extra things mentioned or is that second version something else entirely?
1.0.7d is the last public build of Book 1 (I later added some stuff, like Text-to-speech, which is untested enough I don't want to do a non-steam version for it).

0.1.19d refers to book 2; that starts after day 115 of book 1, so you should definitely play book1 first.... lots of things won't make sense without it.

Reactions: PervySageKem

PervySageKem

Apr 12, 2020
1.0.7d is the last public build of Book 1 (I later added some stuff, like Text-to-speech, which is untested enough I don't want to do a non-steam version for it).

0.1.19d refers to book 2; that starts after day 115 of book 1, so you should definitely play book1 first.... lots of things won't make sense without it.
Understood, i thought it was just a different version! Thanks for the answer!

Isilindil

Apr 29, 2018
Anyone here got a bug with Snowdrop quest? I'm entering the shrine, talk to her and game is getting stuck when the fight starts. I can return home and "shuffle all" (for whatever that helps here)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Yogue

Nov 25, 2017
Playing Book 2 and there are optional things in the walkthrough missing from the game. DressXpress and Facial are gone from the computer. I can't get a facial password from Jenny.

Reactions: DaedalusWren

Adry Lemon

Jul 17, 2020
Playing Book 2 and there are optional things in the walkthrough missing from the game. DressXpress and Facial are gone from the computer. I can't get a facial password from Jenny.
Beta build only. It's not in a public release yet.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Anyone here got a bug with Snowdrop quest? I'm entering the shrine, talk to her and game is getting stuck when the fight starts. I can return home and "shuffle all" (for whatever that helps here)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That's weird. What version are you on, and can you reproduce it?

If possible, get me the player.log file, it'll be here:
PC: %USERPROFILE%/AppData/LocalLow/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
OSX: ~/Library/Application Support/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
Linux: $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/unity3d/Droid Productions/Love of Magic

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes