JMINATL

Aug 25, 2018
I buy game in steam after 8 act and on beta i see events from 8+, after this in beta version will be added piece by piece events from 9 act, or does it come out entirely?
Here;s the description of ACT+ :

Based on how Droid does these - Act VIII+ events will be present in Act IX when it comes out.

Note however that some of the items added in act VIII+ have start dates back in Acts VII/VIII. This isn't really a problem since they can be played in Act IX, but if you do another playthrough later you'll notice them available in Act VII and VIII instead of having to wait.

They are slice of life and H events meant to be played anywhere in Book II.

So in summary
You won't miss them if you wait for IX and don't have to replay to get them.
If you play Act VIII+ now, that progress will be saved when Act IX starts so you don't lose anything playing them now either.

Reactions: Droid Productions

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I buy game in steam after 8 act and on beta i see events from 8+, after this in beta version will be added piece by piece events from 9 act, or does it come out entirely?
Beta builds expand as I make it; right now I'm banging away on the Strategic battle system; I'll likely disable that this week and push out Act VIII+, since there's really only one conversation missing from it. I just got... sidetracked.

After that I'll start working on Act IX, which you'll see getting added event by event if you're on the beta branch.

gregro

May 24, 2021
Beta builds expand as I make it; right now I'm banging away on the Strategic battle system; I'll likely disable that this week and push out Act VIII+, since there's really only one conversation missing from it. I just got... sidetracked.

After that I'll start working on Act IX, which you'll see getting added event by event if you're on the beta branch.
understood, thank for answer

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
Yeah, most of the optional content is gated by the KD upgrades and the Kingdom events, that and going drinking at the Crowley and King's Dragon. I still need more Crowley content to lure the player back there more.
well a strip tease show always drags in a crowd just saying!

For those of you on the Steam beta path you can now spot the first alpha-implementation of the new strategy combat coming online. As with the world-map and the poker game it remains a work in progress; I likely won't get around to inserting it into the end of Act VIII (which is the first time you encounter it in-game) for a while yet, but here's a little preview video.
noice thats what daddy asked for Christmas, if it provides charisma strength and intelligence for every victory even better!

perhaps you can even add trade offs where you burn charisma or inteligence for some victories or to save a few depleted units!

Reactions: Real Kreten

Eazeh2

Oct 2, 2020
This is discussed in the player wiki's debug section:
While true, that's not a goal it's a limit. I was wondering if there was a recommended number to aim for by certain days, though "as high as possible but not over 100/200" still kind of counts I guess.

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
Droid Productions
It may have already been mentioned but just in case it hadn't I noticed a small typo while doing a fresh play-through.
I believe "do" should be "to".
Screenshot_1.png

Edit: found another;
"renage" should be "renege".
It is in the scene talking to Molly after telling Henry to stop with the rumors.
Screenshot_2.png

In any case, looking forward to more of your epic story.

Last edited:

Andrr Dobe

Feb 1, 2018
You I wonder when this game was thought of did the idea of adding VA to the game possibly love to here the characters say for the love of magic.

light4dmin2

Aug 15, 2021
Book 1 android version crashes to home screen. Device has 2 gb ram with 1.1 gb free when starting the game. Is there a updated build that fixes this issue ? I used version 0.7.0b

Also can you provide arm64 linux builds ?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
You I wonder when this game was thought of did the idea of adding VA to the game possibly love to here the characters say for the love of magic.
Yeah, it's something I thought of. I wanted a streamer, who did an amazing Chloe, Emily and Bella, to help out. We're still discussing it, but Covid lockdown's hit her quite hard, and I really don't want to do it with someone else; the whole idea about doing VO's in the first place was because of her voice ingame.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Book 1 android version crashes to home screen. Device has 2 gb ram with 1.1 gb free when starting the game. Is there a updated build that fixes this issue ? I used version 0.7.0b

Also can you provide arm64 linux builds ?
0.7.0b's ... old. Like "when the dinosaurs roamed the world" levels of old. Latest android version for Book 1 is 1.0.7b. Both are linked from the opening thread.

Linux: - - MEGA - -
Android: - - MEGA - -

light4dmin2

Aug 15, 2021
0.7.0b's ... old. Like "when the dinosaurs roamed the world" levels of old. Latest android version for Book 1 is 1.0.7b. Both are linked from the opening thread.

Linux: - - MEGA - -
Android: - - MEGA - -
Ohh sorry. I downloaded 1.0.7b from the opening thread. Any way to fix crash in that version. Android 7.1.1

The linux version was compiled for amd64 or arm64 ? Will it work, say, on a raspberry pi ?

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
Would it be difficult to add events to the calendar dynamically?
For example upgrade completion dates of the 'King's Dragon' or when the dragon's egg hatches, things like that that don't have a fixed "day" of completion but rather depend on when they were started?

Reactions: JMINATL

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Would it be difficult to add events to the calendar dynamically?
For example upgrade completion dates of the 'King's Dragon' or when the dragon's egg hatches, things like that that don't have a fixed "day" of completion but rather depend on when they were started?
It's work, and it wouldn't be retroactive. But it might still be worth it in context of there being a lot more of this in book2.

Reactions: JMINATL

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
hot_and_cold_jenny.png

The Strategy game starts to look like it's ready for beta; it'll be something I'll be tinkering with going forward a lot, but I wanted to move on to Act IX soon. Act VIII+ will, apart from the new strategy system, also contain a fair chunk of new Edinburgh content, including a lot of Jenny. Hopefully out this weekend, unless I decide to follow some other shiny object down a side-path.

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes