JMINATL

Aug 25, 2018
While true, that's not a goal it's a limit. I was wondering if there was a recommended number to aim for by certain days, though "as high as possible but not over 100/200" still kind of counts I guess.
There isn't exactly that, that I've heard or seen tell of.

There are some stat checks built into the game to get some scenes that would be the closest things to generic goals to strive for.

Recognizing Kath
Win wrestling with Katie
Get free gem from Chloe
Running with Bella and Katie
A sword training scene with Emily
Level breaks increase odds of harder mobs
Having enough money to pay for dinner for Emily
having enough money to pay for King's Dragon Expansions

It might actually be useful to research and write that up as a 'Have XX STR by day YY to do <something>' type list.

Goals would be pretty variable on playstyle and how you want to play.

One player surprised everyone min-maxing on INT for the XP bonus and reached a level in the first book we thought was impossible. But you might want to hit harder (STR) or have your companions refresh sooner (CHR) instead.

Be a good debate to toss into the Discord while getting some popcorn...

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
View attachment 1387163

The Strategy game starts to look like it's ready for beta; it'll be something I'll be tinkering with going forward a lot, but I wanted to move on to Act IX soon. Act VIII+ will, apart from the new strategy system, also contain a fair chunk of new Edinburgh content, including a lot of Jenny. Hopefully out this weekend, unless I decide to follow some other shiny object down a side-path.
Wow, didn't realize another update is coming soon on the horizon!
Stoked to get back into this world!!

JLucci

Mar 31, 2018
Wow, didn't realize another update is coming soon on the horizon!
Stoked to get back into this world!!
This is just another reason why LoM is one of my favorite games. There might be slight variance, but Droid updates the game like clockwork. And I don't even play each update like I did in Book I. I'm waiting for all of II before I continue this story.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
For anyone on the Beta branch, 0.2.20b is hopefully the release candidate for Act VIII+, and is up now. Give it a spin, and if nothing breaks I'll be building in 12-15 hrs.

As always, beta branch is available for anyone playing the game on Steam; if you're a Patreon just let me know if you'd like a key.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Act VIII+ is up. It's a world expansion release, so it does not advance the calendar.

This release is focused on Edinburgh; it includes new content for Chloe, Booker, Diana, Mom and... a lot of Jenny. I got a bit carried away when I started writing her, so she's gotten a lot of fun content.

I also upgraded the PC; it was getting long in the tooth, and a lot of content was missing or obsolete. There's a new Game of Friends, new Facial conversations and new things to buy, as well as an improved UI.

Finally I got around to working on the 'strategy battle system'. It's still in beta, and has a lot of balancing work and polish before I'm happy, but it's included both in testing and ingame for those of you who want to see what it'll be like. In-game it provides an optional way to play the Assault on Malgareth (Day 124) and the end of Act VIII battle.

Public releases are here:

WIN32: - - - -
WIN64: - -
OSX: - - - -
LINUX: - - - -

Android is currently over the hard 2GB ceiling, and will need to be slimmed down. It's on my task-list.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As always; if you enjoy what creators do, support them :)
- Love of Magic Book 1
- Love of Magic Book 2 is Wishlisting it is super helpful, as it makes Valve feature the game at launch. Book 1's Beta Branch will continue to receive Book 2 beta content as well (until Book 2 is done).
- If you don't like Steam, .
emily_sword2_corrected.png

Last edited:

Badgerlad

Mar 3, 2020

Book 2's page is up on Steam. I'll continue to include Book 2 as it's developed on the Beta Branch of Book 1, but I'll be taking it off the main line soon.

That's the storefront:

As always it's super useful if you wishlist the game; it helps Steam know that it's a real game, not just a quick asset flip, and makes an absolutely huge difference when it comes to the initial launch!
Done and will buy it on release as a matter of principle. But since book 2 content is available on the beta branch of book 1, would it theoretically be playable forever there, or will you release a beta build at some point that disables book 2 content? Like I said, I'm buying book 2 anyway, more curious about the technical aspect.

Reactions: Droid Productions

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Done and will buy it on release as a matter of principle. But since book 2 content is available on the beta branch of book 1, would it theoretically be playable forever there, or will you release a beta build at some point that disables book 2 content? Like I said, I'm buying book 2 anyway, more curious about the technical aspect.
I'll be keeping book 2 entirely playable on Book 1's beta line the entire time, including post launch of book 1. Biggest difference is that you won't get Steam trading cards or achievements, because those need to be tied to a new AppID.

I'm doing that for a few reasons; the first is that 90 seconds of googling will find the game here, and me chatting in the thread. it's bad enough that I give away a game they pay for at Steam, but if despite that they have a *worse* experience than pirates, that just feels bad (I feel similarly about patreon tiers locking content to only $20 or $50 tiers, but it being available for free here).

The second is that Steam's by far the easiest way to play; the beta path upgrades continuously, with 6 updates in the last 4 days as I sprinted towards the finish :) Steam builds mean no huge 3GB downloads for each one, rather it's just a quick 100-200MB download of whatever's changed.

The third is that this is a passion project for me, I want to have players playing and giving me feedback, regardless of whether they played it on Steam, Itch or F95; financially it probably would have made more sense to publish book 2 as early access, but I would lose out on the community of players of book 1, which would suck.

I think in the end people know how to pirate, and it's not as if we make it HARD for you to pirate here. I've heard from a number of people who played it here, and still bought it on Steam to support it; I'm hoping something similar happens to Book 2, despite it being available on Book 1's beta branch.

Badgerlad

Mar 3, 2020
I think in the end people know how to pirate, and it's not as if we make it HARD for you to pirate here. I've heard from a number of people who played it here, and still bought it on Steam to support it; I'm hoping something similar happens to Book 2, despite it being available on Book 1's beta branch.
Thanks for the insight. And yeah, I'm one of the people who played it here and then bought it on Steam, partially for the beta access, but also since I don't like Patreon, I feel like I should support content I love when I can straight up buy the product. So it was a no-brainer for me to buy book 1, and the same applies to book 2.

mr.AwesomeGameTaste

Feb 18, 2021
I'll be keeping book 2 entirely playable on Book 1's beta line the entire time, including post launch of book 1. Biggest difference is that you won't get Steam trading cards or achievements, because those need to be tied to a new AppID.

I'm doing that for a few reasons; the first is that 90 seconds of googling will find the game here, and me chatting in the thread. it's bad enough that I give away a game they pay for at Steam, but if despite that they have a *worse* experience than pirates, that just feels bad (I feel similarly about patreon tiers locking content to only $20 or $50 tiers, but it being available for free here).

The second is that Steam's by far the easiest way to play; the beta path upgrades continuously, with 6 updates in the last 4 days as I sprinted towards the finish :) Steam builds mean no huge 3GB downloads for each one, rather it's just a quick 100-200MB download of whatever's changed.

The third is that this is a passion project for me, I want to have players playing and giving me feedback, regardless of whether they played it on Steam, Itch or F95; financially it probably would have made more sense to publish book 2 as early access, but I would lose out on the community of players of book 1, which would suck.

I kind of forgot to do the Jenny content in book one,will I still be able to do her events now,or do i have to play her book 1 events?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I kind of forgot to do the Jenny content in book one,will I still be able to do her events now,or do i have to play her book 1 events?
For them to make *sense* you should really play her book 1 content :) There's a whole slow corruption arc there, and suddenly having her go from regular barista to hardcore D/s player might be a little jarring.

Having said that, you can add these two flags to trigger it: BLACK_ROSE2 and BLACK_ROSE3
(to get to the debug menu, Ctrl+J, then addflag)

mr.AwesomeGameTaste

Feb 18, 2021
For them to make *sense* you should really play her book 1 content :) There's a whole slow corruption arc there, and suddenly having her go from regular barista to hardcore D/s player might be a little jarring.

Having said that, you can add these two flags to trigger it: BLACK_ROSE2 and BLACK_ROSE3
(to get to the debug menu, Ctrl+J, then addflag)
Replay it is then,thank you

Reactions: Droid Productions

JMINATL

Aug 25, 2018
FYI - The Fan WIki 'Walkthrough' is updated with the content as of 0.2.21b

As always, if the game and the wiki don't agree. The game is right :)

If you find something wrong drop a note, but remember this is partially sandbox in nature and some events are randomized so there's no exact repeatable cookie-cutter run.

FaustusN

Aug 5, 2020
Hello there, Droid, so i'm new to this thread and your game, i loved it, it is a refreshing experience, i so love well directioned fantasy themed games, i just found out (through you actually) that it's on steam and i'm buying, as i'll buy the other parts as the come out, i had a blast, as i said i'm a sucker for fantasy story and original interpretations of mythologies, so thank you for you work, and it's great, simply got into my top 10 fav games for this genre, hope your game gets super successful and best of luck in future endeavors, im a big fan of your work now!

light4dmin2

Aug 15, 2021
I downloaded book 1 android from opening post (version 1.0.7b) and it crashed before getting to the menu. Then I downloaded version 1.0.15 which works on android but I encountered the following bug :

Screenshot_20210906-120031.jpg

Itt happens when I tap the home button on the map. After this the UI stops updating but I can still hear sounds if I tap the place where dialog choices should be.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I downloaded book 1 android from opening post (version 1.0.7b) and it crashed before getting to the menu. Then I downloaded version 1.0.15 which works on android but I encountered the following bug :

View attachment 1391190

Itt happens when I tap the home button on the map. After this the UI stops updating but I can still hear sounds if I tap the place where dialog choices should be.
This wouldn't happen to be bluestack of some kind, right? I've had this weird rendering bug reported there before, but I haven't had time to repro it yet.

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes