csmk14

Mar 12, 2020
FYI - The Fan WIki 'Walkthrough' is updated with the content as of 0.2.21b

As always, if the game and the wiki don't agree. The game is right :)

If you find something wrong drop a note, but remember this is partially sandbox in nature and some events are randomized so there's no exact repeatable cookie-cutter run.
Why isn't the wedding in here? Am having trouble getting the wedding event, nothing all day

combige

Jun 30, 2017
I dig mystic stories like Lucky Paradox and AHITR, so how's the writing and the plot here?

macinblack

Jan 22, 2019
I dig mystic stories like Lucky Paradox and AHITR, so how's the writing and the plot here?
I'm a sucker for fantasy, especially urban fantasy (AHITR, Reluctant Archon, etc.) so Love of Magic naturally caught my attention and after playing it I'm not exaggerating when I say the writing is top shelf, engaging and the characters are wonderfully charming. If you're a fan of fantasy, you'll almost certainly find something to love about the game and while the lewds are good, this is one of those 'come for the nudes, stay for the story' type of games. Seriously give it a try, you wont be disappointed.

JMINATL

Aug 25, 2018
is it possible to put Book 1 and Book 2 in one game ??
'Technically' it could be done, probably. It would take a heck of a reason to make the dev consider it I think.

Would be a mess. Could take weeks or months, and would break a lot of overlapping and reused code that would have to be troubleshot and fixed. Also would mean dropping Android support completely due to Android size limitations. And as a cherry on top I would bet on the dev losing subscribers not willing to wait that long without progress while it happened :-(

Reactions: Droid Productions

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
is it possible to put Book 1 and Book 2 in one game ??
It wouldn't be a good idea, for several reasons.

The first one is just size and complexity. Book 1 + 2 is already 6 GB+. As I add new functionality (like rewriting the computer UI, or adding the strategy minigame), I'd need to make sure none of that breaks existing code or content. Testing would start to become a nightmare; the game is already 20+ hrs, even if you completely ignore any recurring side-content, so discovering what DID break would become harder and harder.

Finally the themes change between book 1-3; Book 1 (The Crown) is very much the story of a young man's rise from student to king. Book 2 (The War) charts the opening salvos of the war of our age.

Reactions: Real Kreten

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
It wouldn't be a good idea, for several reasons.

The first one is just size and complexity. Book 1 + 2 is already 6 GB+. As I add new functionality (like rewriting the computer UI, or adding the strategy minigame), I'd need to make sure none of that breaks existing code or content. Testing would start to become a nightmare; the game is already 20+ hrs, even if you completely ignore any recurring side-content, so discovering what DID break would become harder and harder.

Finally the themes change between book 1-3; Book 1 (The Crown) is very much the story of a young man's rise from student to king. Book 2 (The War) charts the opening salvos of the war of our age.
Book one is complete on its own. There is more story to tell, but book one ties off all the various threads that it opened. Staging the story as a foundation for book two to begin. The tone of book two has been very different from book one. Things have become serious, and the MC, his queen, and his companions and allies have to make many decisions on which the survival of millions depend.

Droid's done an excellent job of writing and pacing the first and the initial part of the second book. It's working just fine, since it ain't broke...

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
I completed the Treasure Hunt Kingdom event using love_of_magic_book2_0_2_17d. So i've downloaded the latest release and attempt to go to elsewhere with Emily to work on that quest.. I go to the supply cache and find myself in a darkwood with no ability to proceed. Nothing to click on, no choices offered. I have both the TreasureHunt and treasurehuntstarted flags set. I'm forced to load my last autosave which in this cases takes me to the beginning of the day.
I've attempted to attach the save from the darkwood and the system.sav. I play on a Mac.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
So i've downloaded the latest release and attempt to go to elsewhere with Emily. I go to the supply cache and find myself in a darkwood with no ability to proceed. Nothing to click on, no choices offered. I have both the TreasureHunt and treasurehuntstarted flags set. I'm forced to load my last autosave which in this cases takes me to the beginning of the day.
I've attempted to attach the save from the darkwood and the system.sav. I play on a Mac.
Yeah, I heard about that issue already; once the supply cache is done it needs to be removed, or guarded somehow.

Mar 27, 2019
I completed the Treasure Hunt Kingdom event using love_of_magic_book2_0_2_17d. So i've downloaded the latest release and attempt to go to elsewhere with Emily to work on that quest.. I go to the supply cache and find myself in a darkwood with no ability to proceed. Nothing to click on, no choices offered. I have both the TreasureHunt and treasurehuntstarted flags set. I'm forced to load my last autosave which in this cases takes me to the beginning of the day.
Did you take anyone besides Emily? That was my initial problem...if I had a third party member the location didn't pop up...but when it was JUST me and Emily it did.

Reactions: Droid Productions

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Sorry, Droid, if you've already had this bug reported before. I searched, but at this point there are literally hundreds of results for something like cards; terms like crooked, angled, or jumbled all failed to yield any results; and wonky only gave two matches, and neither applied to what I'm seeing. Some of the cards in the MC's hand occasionally load at odd angles, making them look strange. What's more, they can be a little tricky to grab and place in the "playing area". I can use the Auto button as an easy workaround, but I assume you don't want the cards doing this. This started happening relatively recently, at least as of v0.2.5b in Book II. I'm using the 64-bit Windows version of the game.

LoM Crooked Cards.png

Reactions: Real Kreten
4.60 star(s) 258 Votes