Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Sorry, Droid, if you've already had this bug reported before. I searched, but at this point there are literally hundreds of results for something like cards; terms like crooked, angled, or jumbled all failed to yield any results; and wonky only gave two matches, and neither applied to what I'm seeing. Some of the cards in the MC's hand occasionally load at odd angles, making them look strange. What's more, they can be a little tricky to grab and place in the "playing area". I can use the Auto button as an easy workaround, but I assume you don't want the cards doing this. This started happening relatively recently, at least as of v0.2.5b in Book II. I'm using the 64-bit Windows version of the game.
Thanks for the update; I thought I'd killed that one, so it sucks that it's back. I'll keep an eye on it, and see if I can nail it down once and for all.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
1631008364559.png

Okay, Android's started to move again. I've had to shift large chunks of the game onto a server, so basically the core build goes from 2.1GB -> 1.1GB, but the 1GB of data goes to live in the cloud somewhere, and needs to be downloaded the first time you start.

Hopefully the system will be able to handle delta updates, so going forward only the files that have changed need to be downloaded for 0.3.x

Reactions: JMINATL

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
I dig mystic stories like Lucky Paradox and AHITR, so how's the writing and the plot here?
I play/follow both, & I like both. Please understand that I am not knocking them in anyway when I say that they have nothing on this one. LoM is in a class by itself.

That is my opinion anyway; there might be people that disagree with me, but they are wrong :)

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Android beta build:
- - -

Right now it does *not* stop you from pressing start until the download is complete; I strongly advice that you wait for it to download before starting the game, or all kinds of weird stuff might happen. The download only needs to happen once, and it's resumable if you shut the game off halfway through.

Selesteen

Sep 27, 2019
Sorry, Droid, if you've already had this bug reported before. I searched, but at this point there are literally hundreds of results for something like cards; terms like crooked, angled, or jumbled all failed to yield any results; and wonky only gave two matches, and neither applied to what I'm seeing. Some of the cards in the MC's hand occasionally load at odd angles, making them look strange. What's more, they can be a little tricky to grab and place in the "playing area". I can use the Auto button as an easy workaround, but I assume you don't want the cards doing this. This started happening relatively recently, at least as of v0.2.5b in Book II. I'm using the 64-bit Windows version of the game.
As a followup.
This seems to happen when the help/preview is doing it's thing.
And the user then triggers a companion that has dialog, like Bella

Reactions: Droid Productions

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
when the help/preview is doing it's thing.
I don't know what that means, but it doesn't sound like anything remotely close to what I experienced. There was no dialogue (it was like that immediately when a new round began, with no dialogue happening or intended to happen. I also had never clicked the help or preview anywhere. So this might happen for you in addition to what I had said, but it's absolutely not necessary for the bug to show up for me.

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
View attachment 1387163

The Strategy game starts to look like it's ready for beta; it'll be something I'll be tinkering with going forward a lot, but I wanted to move on to Act IX soon. Act VIII+ will, apart from the new strategy system, also contain a fair chunk of new Edinburgh content, including a lot of Jenny. Hopefully out this weekend, unless I decide to follow some other shiny object down a side-path.
ok now you are playing into my weakness... why do i feel like a fly going into a honey trap where Em will find me balls deep into her ass and i will suffer... strategy and bdsm where you are the sadist (or me am the sadist, weirdly i can only enjoy sadism if the person suffering enjoy the masochism if not its just something that makes me sick to my stomach!)

too good to be true but i do enjoy jenny submissive personality so much!

Droid Productions the woobly cards i always assumed it was the effect of sorcery and how it slightly filters reality to mess with you... i never realized it was kind of a bug! thats how good you built your world that bugs are just world building features!

Last edited:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Updated Android version:
- Now hosting on loveofmagic.net, backed by CloudFlare as a CDN (in theory; I'm not much of a webtech developer, so it's possible I screwed up configuration).
- Since I'm freed from the 2GB restriction I spent some time reducing the compression artifacts on the images. Adds another 100MB or so, but slightly better gfx
- Set it up so files can be updated post launch; that leads to a slight stutter while the poor phone works out what it has and hasn't got, but means that I don't need to do a full download next time.

Let me know if there's any issues; download from here:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Updated wallpaper collection:

Reactions: Real Kreten

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
What is the "Getting Married (Again)" calendar item? I might have missed that somehow and need to reload before it. Also, any hints on Merlin's "advanced depot"? I know I need to wander the paths with Emily, but that's all I've figured out so far. I've looked for a grey gem map indicator, like with the dragon egg quest, but I haven't seen anything like that yet. So, I've tried just wandering (like at the Daemon Hunting Grounds), but also no luck at present.

Last edited:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
What is the "Getting Married (Again)" calendar item? I might have missed that somehow and need to reload before it. Also, any hints on Merlin's "advanced depot"? I know I need to wander the paths with Emily, but that's all I've figured out so far. I've looked for a grey gem map indicator, like with the dragon egg quest, but I haven't seen anything like that yet. So, I've tried just wandering (like at the Daemon Hunting Grounds), but also no luck at present.
The event you mentioned is part of Act IX; I'll get around to it once I'm done with the various house-cleaning tasks I have for right now.

The depot, you need to go to Elsewhere and bring *only* Emily. Similarly, to get the Little Mermaid you need to go alone.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
The event you mentioned is part of Act IX; I'll get around to it once I'm done with the various house-cleaning tasks I have for right now.

The depot, you need to go to Elsewhere and bring *only* Emily. Similarly, to get the Little Mermaid you need to go alone.
OK, thanks for clarifying for me, and I'm looking forward to that event later, then.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Val is hot! More Val please.
Val is indeed hot :)

You'll definitely get more Val in the main story-line of Act IX. Then for Act IX+ I'm returning to the King's Dragon, which becomes a hangout for the various super hot and super powered allies in Camelot; I'll be looking to tell stories of Val, Aoife, Aino, Xochi, and of course MC's companions as they chill, drink and play in the King's private bar.

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes