Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Well, I am nearly at the end of the first book and I encountered that I somehow messed things up. As reported previously, if you do the pixie and catgirl-Chloe event at the wrong time, it will crash. I basically never showered in the evening (only at nights or late nights) so I didn't trigger neither event. But now and even if I go back to day 20 (save from day - option), I simply cannot shower at evenings, there is no button for that...

Not sure if I managed to crash my entire saved game, but I will run a new game just to test after I finished up things.

Just to let you know Droid, except that, all is perfectly fine :D
You can't ever shower in the morning or afternoon, only at night and late night. Late night will never trigger any events, it's just a placebo for people who felt uncomfortable going to bed without showering after working the night-shift in a bar, so all those events will trigger at night.

Snowdrop's got multiple sequences; you need to first meet her in the afternoon in Crowley (where she's drinking a cocktail larger than she is), then meet her again at night (also working in the Crowley) where she's sober enough to have dreams and ambitions. After that, she'll show up the next time you shower at night.

Nov 8, 2018
You can't ever shower in the morning or afternoon, only at night and late night.
Alright, that saves me from starting a new game! Walkthrough mentioned "evening" so I got confused, thx for clarification.
Now that I think of it, since I am able to work at night, I doubt I have ever taken a shower then - only at late nights (great to know it is useless LOL)
Will have to test it then! (And I will update the wiki :D)

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
So im confused im at day 104

Had to face off against a big monster during a rescue had insane amount of health and regen

But i finally killed it with 1 hp left but after that fight i just get a screen with darkness and trees

And cant continue on ?

is it bugged or do i need cheats

caus with that amounth of hp that monster has its not possible to beat in 5 turns with just the two evokers with you

Last edited:

Adry Lemon

Jul 17, 2020
So im confused im at day 104

Had to face off against a big monster during a rescue had insane amount of health and regen

But i finally killed it with 1 hp left but after that fight i just get a screen with darkness and trees

And cant continue on ?
You aren't supposed to outright kill it ..... seems to me that that fight/event bugged out for you ... would suggest playing it again from the previous day (use the load from day feature) and see if that resolves it. about 5 rounds into that fight something should happen.

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
You aren't supposed to outright kill it ..... seems to me that that fight/event bugged out for you ... would suggest playing it again from the previous day (use the load from day feature) and see if that resolves it. about 5 rounds into that fight something should happen.
Yeah i had to fight it forever lol and nothing happend

I didnt use cheats either

So yeah probally it was bugged

So after 5 rounds something should happen ?

What if u die before that ?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Yeah i had to fight it forever lol and nothing happend

I didnt use cheats either

So yeah probally it was bugged

So after 5 rounds something should happen ?

What if u die before that ?
Thanks for the heads up... I'm still trying to sort that bug out; some of the scripted fights refuse to trigger a scripted sequence part-way through for a few players. I've never managed to reproduce it, and the whole area is layered with safe-guards, but still I see it reported in the wild once or twice a month... bugs the hell out of me.

Scripted sequences you can't die (it stops at 1HP). I could have put a game over screen there, and force you to replay, but that would suck for anyone who doesn't like poker. I can't really skip the poker fights, since they very often have crucial gameplay moments tucked into them.

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Thanks for the heads up... I'm still trying to sort that bug out; some of the scripted fights refuse to trigger a scripted sequence part-way through for a few players. I've never managed to reproduce it, and the whole area is layered with safe-guards, but still I see it reported in the wild once or twice a month... bugs the hell out of me.

Scripted sequences you can't die (it stops at 1HP). I could have put a game over screen there, and force you to replay, but that would suck for anyone who doesn't like poker. I can't really skip the poker fights, since they very often have crucial gameplay moments tucked into them.
I enjoy the poker fights alot

More so then that new fight game play in book 2 caus that i have no clue how to play lol

So i prefer the poker fight

But yeah after i reloaded the save that big fight endend after 5 turns so that wa snot too bad since i only had to go back a little bit

Other then that its been a great ride just finished book 2 well as far as it went

And have to say good job with the story i do feel that the princess or queen in exile is a bit too over powered in the later stages

Specially compared to some other companions

Or i have missed some things to power those companions up ?

Adry Lemon

Jul 17, 2020
And have to say good job with the story i do feel that the princess or queen in exile is a bit too over powered in the later stages

Specially compared to some other companions

Or i have missed some things to power those companions up ?
Possibly,

- Dylan event (Day12+ w/Emily in party) at Elsewhere, unlocking his Regen ability
- Bella Event at the fire after she becomes Chosen; raising her Guard from 10% of damage received to 20%
- Katie event (day 50+ w/Dylan in party) at Elsewhere, unlocking her upgraded fireball2
- Katie event (day 90+ w/Emily in party) at Elsewhere, unlocking her upgraded fireball3 and Upgraded Fireball9b(edited)

More details are on the wiki.

Katie, Kitsune and Akane get their/more upgrades during book2.
Molly is very OP as she is, so she doesn't receive any updates at this time.

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Possibly,

- Dylan event (Day12+ w/Emily in party) at Elsewhere, unlocking his Regen ability
- Bella Event at the fire after she becomes Chosen; raising her Guard from 10% of damage received to 20%
- Katie event (day 50+ w/Dylan in party) at Elsewhere, unlocking her upgraded fireball2
- Katie event (day 90+ w/Emily in party) at Elsewhere, unlocking her upgraded fireball3 and Upgraded Fireball9b(edited)

More details are on the wiki.

Katie, Kitsune and Akane get their/more upgrades during book2.
Molly is very OP as she is, so she doesn't receive any updates at this time.
Dang seems i missed a ton

Gues i need to do another playtrough

No wonder my companions felt under lvled

Thnx for the info

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
By the way is there a way to start with a fresh start ?

I deleted some saves but some you cant delete

Does that mean they just get over writed when u completed a chapter ?

Reactions: Droid Productions

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
By the way is there a way to start with a fresh start ?

I deleted some saves but some you cant delete

Does that mean they just get over writed when u completed a chapter ?
I wanted to do the same thing at one point, and found that you can manually delete the save folder entirely (outside the game) from where it is stored. I am 99.99% positive that I found the directions on how to do it on the Wiki.....mainly because I am not tech savvy, definitly need idiot-proof instructions, and can't think of anywhere else I would have found the information on how to do it.

Reactions: michael1984

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I wanted to do the same thing at one point, and found that you can manually delete the save folder entirely (outside the game) from where it is stored. I am 99.99% positive that I found the directions on how to do it on the Wiki.....mainly because I am not tech savvy, definitly need idiot-proof instructions, and can't think of anywhere else I would have found the information on how to do it.
You can just start a new game; unless the objective is to delete all achievements and cross-game shared stuff (card background, scenes, etc).

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
You can just start a new game; unless the objective is to delete all achievements and cross-game shared stuff (card background, scenes, etc).
I ran into a weird issue (with this and a few others, that was totally on my end) and needed to completely reinstall a new download. To make sure nothing carried over, I wanted to make sure all saves/info were completely off my system.
Ironically; the Minotaur card back still won't unlock with this install, but since I don't use it anyway I haven't been concerned about it.

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
I did enjoy the little animations/videos of the cast members doing certain things or that epic walk

Shame that there are not a bit more of those things in the game

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I did enjoy the little animations/videos of the cast members doing certain things or that epic walk

Shame that there are not a bit more of those things in the game
There are more as the book continues, but they obviously take a lot of time to do. The Epic walk sequence was something like 150 hrs of rendering, never mind posing + compositing :)

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
The Epic walk sequence was something like 150 hrs of rendering, never mind posing + compositing :)
It is EPIC, but all I can say is Wow!
The bar you set with this game in all its facets really outshines virtually every other game, I'll admit that there are a few whose writing is on par, but none of them approach the sophistication that you deliver on all the other aspects. Like poker, hate poker. Like Emily hate Emily, or any of the others. Like this hate that, doesn't matter. You're setting a standard that very few games approach, and doing so as a single developer just seems impossible.

In another thread I talked about mastery and what it takes to achieve it. You have and we all benefit. Just amazing!

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes