Andrr Dobe

Feb 1, 2018
Speaking of Akane when is her birthday. Also are we allowed to pick out are dress for the wedding later down the line like ruffles or tuxedo. Also what will everyone else wear.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: JMINATL

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
first_hit.gif

The flipside is of course that small animations like this are a lot easier to do; over the years I've gotten happier with using special effects, after effects, compositing etc. This one was fun because it needed to loop (it's too short to do anything else), which is tricky with pseudo-random effects.

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Another great part of the story was when the MC gave that dark elf looking woman on top of a hill 60 seconds to move out the way :ROFLMAO:

And one of the guys talking her down saying you really wanna stand in the way of a angry god and his abducted wife pretty bad ass

I am wondering tho if the mom will be a party member for the paths as well ? Since she obviously is powerfull as well but somehow she dont know it

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I am wondering tho if the mom will be a party member for the paths as well ? Since she obviously is powerfull as well but somehow she dont know it
No, she won't. Part of the problem is the Voices aren't really bound to time, so when they move to shield her from harm it's not necessarily a cause and effect thing. You can't just take her into a war-zone, stand behind her and laugh as all the bullets miss you and her; if you tried it's likely that on your way to pick her up, you trip and fall on a banana-skin onto the electrocuted rails as the 9:15 express goes by. Problem solved, from the point of view of the Voices.

paradroid

Sep 19, 2020
Reading about his Mom I'm wondering if I missed anything on the latest update.

I had the 'Jenny Collared' route done, the 'Treasure Hunt' event completed and started the 'Honour Guard' Kingdom event.

Is there anything obvious that I missed? I'm at day 190ish and have done just about everything I can see in the Wiki walkthrough, but I can be blind sometimes.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017

I had the 'Jenny Collared' route done, the 'Treasure Hunt' event completed and started the 'Honour Guard' Kingdom event.

Is there anything obvious that I missed? I'm at day 190ish and have done just about everything I can see in the Wiki walkthrough, but I can be blind sometimes.
Nah, there's not really any 'mom' events (in terms of incest). She does walk in on you and Chloe, and once you walk in on her and Chloe making out, but there won't ever be incest. She and MC just doesn't have that kind of relationship.

michael1984 is just asking about MC's Mom as a party-character, and I answered with some lore that's common on the discord, but not really clearly defined in-game (though it's hinted a few times).

paradroid

Sep 19, 2020
Nah, there's not really any 'mom' events (in terms of incest). She does walk in on you and Chloe, and once you walk in on her and Chloe making out, but there won't ever be incest. She and MC just doesn't have that kind of relationship.

michael1984 is just asking about MC's Mom as a party-character, and I answered with some lore that's common on the discord, but not really clearly defined in-game (though it's hinted a few times).
I had her walk in on Chloe and I, but I missed walking in on her kissing Chloe :cry:

I wasn't really asking from an incest perspective, more a storywise one (did I miss an event somewhere?), but if it's a discord discussion (which I'm not a member of) then fine, I feel that's more back story and although relevant to how you write your characters, not an urgent thing to know.

Reactions: JMINATL

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I had her walk in on Chloe and I, but I missed walking in on her kissing Chloe :cry:

I wasn't really asking from an incest perspective, more a storywise one (did I miss an event somewhere?), but if it's a discord discussion (which I'm not a member of) then fine, I feel that's more back story and although relevant to how you write your characters, not an urgent thing to know.
Walking in on Chloe and Mom kissing (they don't do anything lewder on camera, so far) should be part of Book 1, when you return unannounced from Camelot.

On the whole, what does Beloved By The Voices mean? It's essentially that they're unaware but still blessed. They live lives where they find the things they want, and bad things never happen. She wanted a dark handsome stranger to take her away into a month of debauchery, and a handsome son destined for great things, so that's what she got. She also has a world where the rain falls only when convenient.

Even Old Horney is a little apprehensive about this; he can withstand her demands, but it requires real effort. MC has a similar event with Mom at the Lake, when she tries to reorganize reality so it works the way she expects it to. So she's definitely powerful, but it's not the kind of power anyone has ever managed to tap into.

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Walking in on Chloe and Mom kissing (they don't do anything lewder on camera, so far) should be part of Book 1, when you return unannounced from Camelot.

On the whole, what does Beloved By The Voices mean? It's essentially that they're unaware but still blessed. They live lives where they find the things they want, and bad things never happen. She wanted a dark handsome stranger to take her away into a month of debauchery, and a handsome son destined for great things, so that's what she got. She also has a world where the rain falls only when convenient.

Even Old Horney is a little apprehensive about this; he can withstand her demands, but it requires real effort. MC has a similar event with Mom at the Lake, when she tries to reorganize reality so it works the way she expects it to. So she's definitely powerful, but it's not the kind of power anyone has ever managed to tap into.
So the mother figure is the most powerfull with the voices but she doesnt notice it ?

Caus Chloe and Molly hear the voices too and Molly is even stronger with the voices then Chloe but less experienced

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
So the mother figure is the most powerfull with the voices but she doesnt notice it ?

Caus Chloe and Molly hear the voices too and Molly is even stronger with the voices then Chloe but less experienced
They're different. Chloe's actually quite weak, in terms of pure power. She is, however extremely smart. Molly is an extremely powerful sorceress. Mom is a Blessed by the voices, which means she's basically the Road Runner of the LoM Universe. MC's the champion of the voices, which means he'll probably succeed, though bad shit will happen along the way.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018

Nah it is more her relation with the voices I suspect is different from theirs. For whatever reason the voices feel a need to serve her every whim or to make sure she is as happy as possible and her wants are filled and in as far as the voices are able to fullfill it they make sure it happens by whatever means. Beyond her wants or needs she has no input in it, she does not decide what or how the voices do it, they just do. The others it is more a two way street and they have more an option to choose, but also the voices are more actively using them for their own goals.

Now we can have suspicions why the voices might want to make her happy, depending on what you think the voices are adn their goals, only thing I am pretty sure about it is related to the missing Goddess somehow.

padstad

Aug 1, 2020

How did you manage to get to day 190? your stats must be insane by now, do you just extend your play in the first book by not going certain places? Or how did you do it? Day 152 is the last for me at the moment.

Reactions: paradroid

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
How did you manage to get to day 190? your stats must be insane by now, do you just extend your play in the first book by not going certain places? Or how did you do it? Day 152 is the last for me at the moment.
He's playing the Act VIII+ content, I believe. You're on the Beta path, so it's rolled back and started on Act IX.

paradroid

Sep 19, 2020
He's playing the Act VIII+ content, I believe. You're on the Beta path, so it's rolled back and started on Act IX.
I'm putting a lot of faith in you here Droid!

Yeah, the Act VIII+ stuff, not on Steam so no beta content, I've done everything available so far that isn't beta (I hope :) )

HSHS1111

Feb 8, 2019
Some of them came out very nice some others not so much. Did the AI guess their age? Molly looks way too old. And it adds some human imperfections which may not be fitting for the fey part of the cast. And poor Bella really got the short end of the stick.

But aside from the two you posted I think Chloe, Katie and Kath came out pretty good.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Some of them came out very nice some others not so much. Did the AI guess their age? Molly looks way too old. And it adds some human imperfections which may not be fitting for the fey part of the cast. And poor Bella really got the short end of the stick.

But aside from the two you posted I think Chloe, Katie and Kath came out pretty good.
Yeah, it's a mixed bag. Still fun to try, though.

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes