Selesteen

Sep 27, 2019
Not really a problem. Its just me being OCD freak but why the new version don't have a custom icon and just use a default Unity icon?
Was wondering the same thing, it is however less flaring then the white bar above the MC screen modal.

Interesting theory about Emily, I suspect as well that that mantle returning to active is part of the story, I just suspect it will be someone else that even more fully closes the circle of sorcery, evoker and enchantment. :)

For Chloe, do not forget she seems to be the first of the modern sorcerers and was a chosen of the Goddess. Her relation to and knowledge of the voices may well be/is likely beyond that of anyone else, even if she is not the Beloved of the Voices or the strongest Sorceress.

Considering MC, well he is not finished yet. He seems to have the same raw power even without the artificial mantle as the other heads of Pantheons like Amaterasu or Odin, who called him brother, but misses an ingredient(s) that should have been supplied by the Goddess. It will be interesting to see how he gains that and becomes complete.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DA22

Phobos69

Mar 20, 2019
I am running Mac OSX 11.6 and cannot seem to get this update to work. Keep getting the 'damaged file' problem. It worked for the prior update. Used Terminal and coded path to the app as follows (after the prompt): 'chmod +x Downloads/love_of_magic_book2.app/Contents/MacOS/*' 'Downloads' being the folder where the *.app is located and capitals as required. Is there an obvious error?

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Hey Droid Productions
Something that has me wondering.
The current map includes all locations of interest to MC (Edinburgh, Camelot, Lancaster, Glades of the surroundings etc) that he can get by traversal.
Yet will there be new maps (separate from the current one) to explore around in he future?

Had this thought while casually looking around the current map, and spotting that place on top right called Valhalla that we can't reach just yet.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Hey Droid Productions
Something that has me wondering.
The current map includes all locations of interest to MC (Edinburgh, Camelot, Lancaster, Glades of the surroundings etc) that he can get by traversal.
Yet will there be new maps (separate from the current one) to explore around in he future?

Had this thought while casually looking around the current map, and spotting that place on top right called Valhalla that we can't reach just yet.
Map keeps expanding throughout book 2.

• Red Heart
Reactions: JJJ84

HSHS1111

Feb 8, 2019
The first time it was about 60K, I decided to replay by filling one set with all the poison that I had + Bella shot only poison and Xochi always replenished. I think my manic laughter was heard on the other side of the city)
Yeah but it's the double poison ability that's really doing the work, together with the reset ability. You could start with a single poison point and it would get you there.

There' an old tale with the chess board and rice grains. You start with a single grain and double for each square. It surpasses the worlds rice production pretty quickly.

mag5246

Jun 3, 2017
Yeah but it's the double poison ability that's really doing the work, together with the reset ability. You could start with a single poison point and it would get you there.

There' an old tale with the chess board and rice grains. You start with a single grain and double for each square. It surpasses the worlds rice production pretty quickly.
The poison is reset after each discard on the board (8 turns for this Outsider), so we have about 10-12 doublings, because Zal only manages to accumulate strength when the Outsider deals damage (every 2-3 turns).
Therefore, in order to achieve such number, you need a good start (2 poison arrows from Bella and the first move Zal deals 350 poison but does not double, then a good portion of poison from the MC) and maintain it every turn. Only then will "the flywheel spin".
PS: Perhaps if you skip moves you can develop a large number, did not check it.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
you have a good idea but finish it 1st or you will redo book1 3-5 times before this ends and that time will be lost except if you are using it to gain necessary experience that will help you improve the overall product quality but experience will only compensate up to a point and then its just lost time as technology evolves!
it's actually all good; it was a pure exercise in 'make it look good', and taught me a bunch of lessons. Working on transforming those back into book 2 now, and will keep them in mind going forward.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
it's actually all good; it was a pure exercise in 'make it look good', and taught me a bunch of lessons. Working on transforming those back into book 2 now, and will keep them in mind going forward.
Hey Droid,

MC is currently the Winter King, with the power of the mantle that he can draw from (which seems to be infinite pool of power, but more he draws from it, the more dangerous it becomes).

Yet, will he comes across any characters in book 2 or 3 (other than characters like his father, i.e. the Horned God, and Odin) who may rival his powers that he himself may struggle with, in a one on one fight even with the mantle?

Doesn't necessarily need to be antagonists, just any characters, even ones whose alignment is good, or neutral.

JMINATL

Aug 25, 2018
I've found the panty thief but what to do after that quest.Please help
There are too many possibilities to really answer that. The panty thief is a randomized quest and can happen anywhere from day 135 or later assuming you have the pre-requisites (played long enough in Act+ to get the expansions etc.)

If you look at :

Depending what day you are on and what you've completed you should be able to figure out what's missing that you can still do, though it may take a bit of matching up what you've got and what you don't :)

Reactions: Real Kreten

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I keep getting that the game is damaged and cannot be opened. Any ideas on how to fix this?

View attachment 1438747
Apple quarantine screwing with you, I think. They're increasingly trying to lock everything down to only go through Apple AppStore so they can take their 30%.

Make sure your permissions are set to App Store and Identified developers, and see if

Code:
xattr -d com.apple.quarantine love_of_magic.app
De-quantines it.

ceroffin

Nov 26, 2019
Apple quarantine screwing with you, I think. They're increasingly trying to lock everything down to only go through Apple AppStore so they can take their 30%.

Make sure your permissions are set to App Store and Identified developers, and see if

Code:
xattr -d com.apple.quarantine love_of_magic.app
De-quantines it.
I tried that from the terminal and it said could not find the file. So I followed the steps in the forum and still unable to open the game.

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes