Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
Replaying Book 1 again to see what the new graphics are like and it got me thinking. How many of you rename the characters from the default?
I rename mine Crib like the other card game. I play cribage so often that when I replay LoM I some time look for the wrong combinasons of cards on the board. Trying to do 15s and double runs.

Reactions: kameohawk

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
I rename mine Crib like the other card game. I play cribage so often that when I replay LoM I some time look for the wrong combinasons of cards on the board. Trying to do 15s and double runs.
Yeah rename your own character, but I mean like Emily, Katie, Dylan etc.

I'll admit, long gone are the days where I rename characters after the girls I'm crushing on at school....

JMINATL

Aug 25, 2018
Replaying Book 1 again to see what the new graphics are like and it got me thinking. How many of you rename the characters from the default?
I always change the MC.
Also BMASTER (what Bella calls me) to Alpha instead of Boss.It just fits better imo.

Other than that mostly don't bother although i've tried a few things, they just seem odd at this point.

We had a discussion on Draco names once. Lots of cool ones.

I used Puff.

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
I've found on replaying that I tend to play the same builds and pick the same answers but I've just realised that on the first date at the Khukuri, there's a Charisma check with Emily where you compare her to a sunrise or something. I've been thinking, what do the skill checks do? Is there any penalties for failing them? Does it make characters stronger or whatnot? Or is it just for flavour?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I actually prefer the CHR fail path there myself, I like MC a little off-balance, it contrasts nicely with Emily's poise there, and their reversal later. A lot of the checks are just the game reacting and confirming your play-style; whether or not you defeat Katie on the run doesn't matter much, except (as a character that boosted STR), knowing that you DID beat Katie. There are obviously a bunch of exceptions; events that are locked behind stat-changes, but those are almost never one-offs (so you can level up and go back later).

The one exception to that, and it's a low threshold because I didn't want to throw too many people off, is meeting Jalsa in the Dojo in Act VIII. That +60 STR check doesn't repeat, and for story reasons it only happens across a 24 day range (beginning of Act VIII->day 5 of Act IX).

Reactions: kameohawk

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
Does anyone know what the dev plans to do with Aoife? Seems like its building her up as another love interest and yet we have the on/off again plot between the mc and katie for awhile now so i'm not sure what his goal is with some of these "optional" girls, at least it was stated in game by your father that Chloe's loyalty would never lie with the MC.

Last edited:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Affectionate but not loyal, like all cats.

A lot of the non-core-characters have no sexual content, or only light sexual content; the core harem is Emily, Katie and the Chosen.

Reactions: noobchan51515

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
dude that is your fathers last chosen wtf is wrong with you? the poor old god lost his wife and most of his choosen in a stupid plan by Merlin and because of the insufferable fun spoiling Arthur Pendragon and now you want to NTR the shit out of him ? ffs give the dude a break!

Besides considering she is at least 1500 years old .... i do not intend to kink shame and most of us had a go at Chloe but dude.... too much is just too much!
If Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure has shown me anything, it's that step mom's are still hot and can get it heh

• Haha
Reactions: EJW

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
Has it always been the case where if you take Akane and Foxy out on the Paths and talk to them at during a rest you get boosts to your skills? I've always avoided her as I don't like her abilities so it's a nice surprise.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Has it always been the case where if you take Akane and Foxy out on the Paths and talk to them at during a rest you get boosts to your skills? I've always avoided her as I don't like her abilities so it's a nice surprise.
Yeah, always. Also, once she gets her mother's armor her skills change, so that's worth checking out.

Reactions: JMINATL
4.60 star(s) 258 Votes