riverrungames

Dominus vobiscum
Game Developer
Sep 18, 2021
As someone who's never been to Scotland and plans to visit someday, I need to know, is there really a bar named after Aleister Crowley? If so, where is it located?

Also, how accurate is Katie as a representation of the average Scot; is she a stereotype, or can I spot people like her on the grounds of Edinburgh? Answers would be appreciated.

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
As someone who's never been to Scotland and plans to visit someday, I need to know, is there really a bar named after Aleister Crowley? If so, where is it located?

Also, how accurate is Katie as a representation of the average Scot; is she a stereotype, or can I spot people like her on the grounds of Edinburgh? Answers would be appreciated.
As a Scotsman there's no bar in Edinburgh called the Crowley that I'm aware of, however the depiction of Edinburgh in this game is pretty good. You can't swing a cat without hitting a great wee pub over there. Head over to the Grassmarket and you'll have a ball. I've always felt the Crowley is based somewhat on the Last Drop which is located near where people used to be hanged, hence the name.

Katie is... there's a wee taste of stereotype in there but we're hardly at the Groundkeeper Wullie level. There will be Katie's but hardly cutting about picking fights. Edinburgh is a bit tourist friendly so chances are any experience you have will be muted with that in mind. I mean, if anything, you'll probably bump into more Emily's cause anyone with money will send their weins up to St Andrews and Edinburgh Uni to study. Go to like a Dundee or a Glasgow, hell, head up the A9 to Aberdeen and you'll see a few more Katie's.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Yeha, the Crowely isn't real, but it's inspired by real pubs I've spent a lot of time in at the Grassmarket and Royal Mile. Khukuri and Milanos are real restraurants (though the real Milanos is over in Newtown, off George St). The real Khukuri is positioned more or less where Emily says it is, 5 mins walk from the embassy on the West End.

Andrr Dobe

Feb 1, 2018
So in the game there are parts of elsewhere cut off are there going to more local like next to Kyoto or New York since we traveled to the south to fight against the outsiders.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
So in the game there are parts of elsewhere cut off are there going to more local like next to Kyoto or New York since we traveled to the south to fight against the outsiders.
I'm not doing the whole world; if I did anything in Japan or other places, it would be travelling with Portal Gun, curtesy of Molly.

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
I'm not doing the whole world; if I did anything in Japan or other places, it would be travelling with Portal Gun, curtesy of Molly.
Just putting the idea out there, if you done a Japanese road trip DLC you could probably retire on the money that would be thrown at you.

Selesteen

Sep 27, 2019
hmmm...., maybe announcing DLC so early about places will help grow the fanbase. And there is all ready a plot line for a trip to Japan, something about blowing up a mountain.

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
hmmm...., maybe announcing DLC so early about places will help grow the fanbase. And there is all ready a plot line for a trip to Japan, something about blowing up a mountain.
don´t, just don´t last time i pulled that shit indonesia became an archipelago and the human race went down to just 6.000 people so i tell you right now do not go around blowing up mountains!

Reactions: JMINATL

Andrr Dobe

Feb 1, 2018
don´t, just don´t last time i pulled that shit indonesia became an archipelago and the human race went down to just 6.000 people so i tell you right now do not go around blowing up mountains!
So it's possible for the monkey king to appear just as likely for fenris the wolf of loki would maybe a werewolf in some myths. If the monkey king does appear driod could make him short like yoda but just as wise and tricky.

Gary Bertrand

Sep 30, 2017
Hi all i just dot a bottle os whisky for katie in book 2 i have gon her glade buut i dint choice to give it to her fia did tell me to get 1 i did but when and how can i give it.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Hi all i just dot a bottle os whisky for katie in book 2 i have gon her glade buut i dint choice to give it to her fia did tell me to get 1 i did but when and how can i give it.
Future content (should be tagged as such in the quest-log). The reality was that the sex scene in act VIII was originally supposed to trigger off that whisky bottle, but I needed it to be canon for other conversations to make sense. So I repurposed the sex scene as a timeline event, and will need to make a new scene for the whisky.

Gary Bertrand

Sep 30, 2017
Future content (should be tagged as such in the quest-log). The reality was that the sex scene in act VIII was originally supposed to trigger off that whisky bottle, but I needed it to be canon for other conversations to make sense. So I repurposed the sex scene as a timeline event, and will need to make a new scene for the whisky.
Ok cool just thaught i missed something I realy hope she becomes a chosen aswell love her peronality and her forward ness.I allso love my queen her personality is so cool she so sweet but neve make her mad i can see Thor at end of game she is going to masaker him and chop him to peices.

Reactions: Tavi13

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
Ok cool just thaught i missed something I realy hope she becomes a chosen aswell love her peronality and her forward ness.I allso love my queen her personality is so cool she so sweet but neve make her mad i can see Thor at end of game she is going to masaker him and chop him to peices.
I absolutely love Katie so I can understand what you mean, but right now there is no way she can become a chosen (obviously Droid can change that, but currently it can't happen).

I forget the exact conversation, but the MC mentions making her a chosen in book one, and she said it wasn't possible. I think the conversation mentioned that evokers can't be chosen because their magic and the chosen connection are too similar (someone correct me if I am wrong).

It would have made things a bit easier; I am both looking forward to, and dreading, seeing how this triangle is going to work out (mc/Katie/Emily) but right now that isn't an option.

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
I absolutely love Katie so I can understand what you mean, but right now there is no way she can become a chosen (obviously Droid can change that, but currently it can't happen).

I forget the exact conversation, but the MC mentions making her a chosen in book one, and she said it wasn't possible. I think the conversation mentioned that evokers can't be chosen because their magic and the chosen connection are too similar (someone correct me if I am wrong).

It would have made things a bit easier; I am both looking forward to, and dreading, seeing how this triangle is going to work out (mc/Katie/Emily) but right now that isn't an option.
I think the game has been set up in such a way that what is generally considered possible is.... more a guide than a rule, if that makes sense. The hushed tones in which the level of power the MC is throwing about is talked about is such that all bets are off. I remember the line about Evokers can't be Chosen but it feels at times the MC's way of going through life is "fuck you I do what I want".

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
I think the game has been set up in such a way that what is generally considered possible is.... more a guide than a rule, if that makes sense. The hushed tones in which the level of power the MC is throwing about is talked about is such that all bets are off. I remember the line about Evokers can't be Chosen but it feels at times the MC's way of going through life is "fuck you I do what I want".
Absolutely and I am not ruling that out as a possibility, afterall we are only (roughly) halfway through the whole story, and this is Droids story I'm just here for the feels. Right now though, based on what we know and the information we have, it isn't an option.

Shame; it would definitly solve the love triangle issue, but I am sure Droid already knows where that arc is going to go (whether we are happy about the conclusion or not is something we will have to wait to find out).

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Solving the love triangle isn't the problem; the problem is what to do to make tension once I solve it :)

And no, you can't make a sparkie (healer/enchanter/evoker) a Chosen; the bond to their God occupies the same part of their soul as their bond to their spark.

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
Solving the love triangle isn't the problem; the problem is what to do to make tension once I solve it :)
Because the end of the world, and a personal vendetta against a war god isn't enough tension? You're seriously twisted.....I love it, never change.

And no, you can't make a sparkie (healer/enchanter/evoker) a Chosen; the bond to their God occupies the same part of their soul as their bond to their spark.
Oh good, I did manage to remember something correctly....the Ginko must be helping :D

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020

Given the history of the various females in Katie's family with regard to gods, she hardly has to be a Chosen to have a long term relationship with the MC. ASSuming of course that Emily is okay with that, which may prove to be a stretch.

Reactions: Droid Productions

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Given the history of the various females in Katie's family with regard to gods, she hardly has to be a Chosen to have a long term relationship with the MC. ASSuming of course that Emily is okay with that, which may prove to be a stretch.
Indeed :)

Anyways, I don't want the only tension to be "can Owyn do the impossible against the alien invasion yet again". That gets old. And Katie and Emily provide two very interesting poles; Katie's nature, her loyalties, her way of thinking; they're all a lot closer to Owyn's nature. Emily is probably better for him; Katie and Owyn would likely go out with the largest boom since the Tsar Bomba. But they are naturally suited to each other.

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes