Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
is there any unofficial port of book 2 for android? as official seems to be quite behind?
No, I'll be doing it once I finish up Act IX (which should be relatively soon; I've got 2 1/2 more events to write, and then some bug-fixing for the strategic combat. The problem is the build is >2GB in size, even with me downsampling the videos and images for Android, which requires me to upload download files over the internet from the app, and that code-path's got a lot of potential bugs and issues in it. So I'll get to it when I have some spare cycles.

noman hossain

Mar 4, 2018
No, I'll be doing it once I finish up Act IX (which should be relatively soon; I've got 2 1/2 more events to write, and then some bug-fixing for the strategic combat. The problem is the build is >2GB in size, even with me downsampling the videos and images for Android, which requires me to upload download files over the internet from the app, and that code-path's got a lot of potential bugs and issues in it. So I'll get to it when I have some spare cycles.
ah, alright then, guess i will have to wait

Taureum

Jul 1, 2018
depends on what you enjoy! some are useless against some critters but twice as helpfull as they allow you to paralyze opponents or freeze them or add constant damage or give you a massive shield!

some people seem to enjoy clusters of gems for some reason! me personally i prefer lightning chaos and one massive shield!

their effectiveness also depends on the companions tagging along with you!
ice, shield or pierce

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I like the rage/cluster dynamic myself, with Emily to shield.
The new meta-gems in book 2 make some of the other metas very useful; Toxic Shock with a poison deck, Ice + WinterKing for a fire/ice combo, etc.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Droid Productions I think I mentioned it in the discord, but... any chance we can get more build slots for gems? I'd love 6 but I know that might be overboard. Still... 4 rather than 3 would be nice.
Mostly it's a UI thing, but I could look at it. I don't know how many people use it extensively, but I guess the ones that DO use it want it.

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
I don't know how many people use it extensively, but I guess the ones that DO use it want it.
FWIW, for Book 1, I spent a little time figuring out which three builds would allow me to defeat all potential enemies, then constructed single-element builds to the exclusion of all others. Which was fine, and obviously eminently efficient, but it did eliminate several potential gameplay elements. In that setting, it was fairly basic math — immune to magic, immune to fire, etc. — but more complicated enemies could reward more complicated builds, which would make it really convenient to have more slots. For example, an enemy immune to fire attacks, but only below a certain level, above which they're extremely vulnerable to fire and would be worth enduring a fail/fail/fail/fail/critical hit sequence. Or a mixed group of enemies with differing weaknesses that can't be defeated with, say, a 100% fire stack, or a 100% non-magical stack.

The point is that I felt like I applied about five minutes of exploratory strategy to render combat essentially effortless. I know combat's more complicated in Book 2, but the gem component in the previous chapter was ultimately so optimizable that I'm not sure it provided the challenge it was meant to. Which is to say that I would also like more slots, but unless there's a reason to proceed otherwise, they're all going to be single-effect builds. Throwing my 100% Nutella gems against vulnerable-to-Nutella enemies, FTW.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
FWIW, for Book 1, I spent a little time figuring out which three builds would allow me to defeat all potential enemies, then constructed single-element builds to the exclusion of all others. Which was fine, and obviously eminently efficient, but it did eliminate several potential gameplay elements. In that setting, it was fairly basic math — immune to magic, immune to fire, etc. — but more complicated enemies could reward more complicated builds, which would make it really convenient to have more slots. For example, an enemy immune to fire attacks, but only below a certain level, above which they're extremely vulnerable to fire and would be worth enduring a fail/fail/fail/fail/critical hit sequence. Or a mixed group of enemies with differing weaknesses that can't be defeated with, say, a 100% fire stack, or a 100% non-magical stack.

The point is that I felt like I applied about five minutes of exploratory strategy to render combat essentially effortless. I know combat's more complicated in Book 2, but the gem component in the previous chapter was ultimately so optimizable that I'm not sure it provided the challenge it was meant to. Which is to say that I would also like more slots, but unless there's a reason to proceed otherwise, they're all going to be single-effect builds. Throwing my 100% Nutella gems against vulnerable-to-Nutella enemies, FTW.
Yeah, there'll be a time (Act X+ maybe) where I spent some serious time adding new enemies that can play hardball with MC on the paths). Right now 99% of them are designed for Book 1, so they're easily swept aside. For optional combat, expect more immunities, more special traits, and more special gems (like Winterstorm).

Reactions: Segnbora

riichidesu

Sep 25, 2021
Love the game, just finished the first book. I was gonna ask but after seeing the names for the second a third book it seems the story will be the way of classics star wars, one victory for each side in the the first two parts with the epic conclusion on the third

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Love the game, just finished the first book. I was gonna ask but after seeing the names for the second a third book it seems the story will be the way of classics star wars, one victory for each side in the the first two parts with the epic conclusion on the third
Now that would be telling.

The Acts so far:

Book 1: The Crown

I: Love of Magic
II: Only Human
III: Friends and Family
IV: The King in Exile
V: What was promised
VI: Friends & Family

Book 2: The War
VII: We March
VIII: Red Devil
IX: Army of Life (almost done)
X: Destroyer of Hope (next)
XI: Black Sun

Book 3: The Return

Reactions: Real Kreten

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
Just in relation to the talk about defeating paths enemies easily or not, it makes sense to me that as the story progresses the MC, and by association his chosen, are coming into a serious power increase very quickly.
Remembering how much power the MC gained with the mantle on top of his lineage means that what we see now as the top enemies, the "Jacks", should be fairly meaningless in terms of difficulty for the MC.

So it'll either come down to either [and perhaps a combination of both] 'packs' of enemies or enemies quite a lot stronger than "jacks" that we see so far.
At this point, based on what we've seen so far, we'd need to start facing enemies approaching the power of that Dragon from Book 1 to actually be in mortal danger and even then with the amount of power the MC can draw from the mantle in a dire situation that Dragon would almost certainly come off second best.

Basically what I'm saying is that when I'm playing through I see clearing the paths as more of a 'house-keeping' chore or team building exercise than an actual tough fight or struggle for life and death.

Assuming you have taken care to build a decent set of gems anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: Real Kreten

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I just found out this game is on Steam. I can't afford to do monthly patreon donations, but I think this is my favorite game on f95 so I'm definitely gonna buy the Steam version to support the creators. Great stuff.
Thx! It's on 30% discount right now as well (Autumn Sale), so the timing is good :)

If you like it, do leave a review; those mean a lot. Because many pervs people of culture don't want their friends to know they're playing games like this, the number of reviews for an adult game tend to trail a lot behind normie games.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 258 Votes