Lunasmeow

Jul 22, 2017
Droid Productions

You're meant to use "either" here, not "neither".

Neither is when talking about two or more things.

"Neither one of them was any good."

Either is about one thing, sometimes one among many, but the subject is one thing.

"Either one will work." Or... "I wouldn't do that either, it's too risky."

I think I've seen this done two or three times so far.

Alleycat_2017

Sep 1, 2017
If you support the dev by buying the early access on steam and then opt in to the beta program, there is a ton of content with regular small updates. The beta is up to 0.5.2. If people don't want to support on Patreon, and I get that, then part with a one off payment and get all the updates as they happen. Plus you get whatever Steam download speeds are available. Which since the end of Nopy is something of a bonus.

This game is definitely worth supporting in my view.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Real Kreten

evilspyder

Jun 3, 2020
So I think I've noticed something about the story that I didn't pick up on first time around, and starts to become a bit more clear with the benefit of hindsight. I don't know if anyone else has discussed this yet, and I'm not certain if this little theory will potentially count as spoilers so I will shove it all in a spoiler tag anyway.

You know, I think I'm going to further expand upon that Katie theory with a bit of Chloe Theory added in.

Last edited:
Reactions: Warscared

evilspyder

Jun 3, 2020
bruh I don't know shit about poker, is it still playable though?
You don't need to know anything about poker really. A rudimentary knowledge of some of the hands will help, but if nothing else just knowing that if you get two, three, four, or even five of a kind it is a good thing. If you really worry about it, you can turn the difficulty down to casual (only effects the poker combat minigame), or turn on the poker hints in the settings menu.

Finally, all you really need to do to dominate the poker minigame is have both Molly and Chloe in your team. Having the two of them together is pretty much an auto win condition.

Speaking of auto win conditions, there is even an auto mode for combat if you decide that you need it. Droid really did go out of his way to make it so that it is possible for anyone to enjoy this game, even if they are someone that doesn't care for some of its minigames.

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
Following on what @evilspyder wrote: I quite enjoy poker, and so I was surprised by how quickly I grew tired of it as a gameplay element. As a result, I played the battles on auto for a while. After a week or so of game time, I was interested in the poker again, and went back to figuring things out for myself. That cycle repeated quite a few times.

But there's no question that the game's eminently playable, and quite engaging, even if you never once attempt to figure out a poker hand. At worst, you'll get tired of the animations; for all I know they can be turned off, though I never tried.

Reactions: HydratedMan

Alleycat_2017

Sep 1, 2017
I reckon know about the same as you when it comes to poker. I use the other characters in support to play the combat sequences and the poker is normally my last throw for which I hit the auto button. I also play around with the gem sets that determine what actual attacks or defences you are going to use. But once you get into the game that's only part of the story. Worth going to the wiki so that you don't miss some of the content, of which there is a lot.

Taureum

Jul 1, 2018
some tips for Book 2 hardest mode gem Builds? I know Rage builds are strong, but the drawback is solid too.

Alleycat_2017

Sep 1, 2017
I tend to use a lot of fire and ice. But the biggest hits come from my partners and X. So, I've built up charisma and swordsmanship to keep both recharged. I use the poker attacks to charge X up and if it's a big fight I'll use barrier to stay unscorched as much as possible, make sure one of my partners can rebuild my health and have a couple of heavy hitters to deal out the damage. I tend to use Katie and Bella for the rough stuff and either Akane, Dylan or Xochi as cover. Akane isn't as effective at healing and she has to have the Shadow Hunter attribute, but she's very versatile when she does have it. Emily is of course a very strong ally. But I tend to use the others as described. If Emily is available against an outsider, she's coming along and bringing magic armour with her.

evilspyder

Jun 3, 2020
Noticed a minor bug in book 1, day 98. While standing outside the embassy in the morning and bantering with Katie, the MC mentions "You can always go play with a dragon, I just can't promise you'll come back". Somewhere around that line of dialog the background suddenly changes to an image of Emily in a white dress seated on the throne of Camelot. It's only for a moment, reverting back after you click through to the next dialog option.

Alleycat_2017

Sep 1, 2017
The wedding has been out on Steam for a while already. I'd seriously consider it. I've got 86 hours of play out of this game on Steam so far. Which is pretty good value in my view. I played through book 1 again before playing book 2. A lot of updated content from when I first played though. Droid goes back over the Beta and adds immersive features regularly. Yes, I am unashamedly a fan of this game Screenshot_20211129-134020_Steam.jpg

Lunasmeow

Jul 22, 2017
Droid Productions

I figured out what's wrong with Chloe's Gain Joker ability. If you recall, I mentioned that she once replaced one Joker with another, and this was a large part of why I suggested that her ability be altered slightly to allow the player to choose which card is discarded? (In world, it would be the her asking Owyn which possibility he needs help with.)

Well it happened again, only I paid more attention now. There are Red and Black Jokers (differentiated by the color of the "Joker" text on the card). Both can show up in regular dealing of the cards, but abilities like Molly's, Chloe's and Akane's only spawn Black Jokers. Red Jokers only spawn naturally, and THOSE are the ones that can be replaced with a spawned Joker from Chloe, wasting her ability until it recharges again.

If the coder can fix that, either by making there only be one kind of Joker, or by making her ability ignore red Jokers as well as the black ones, it would be much better, even without us being able to choose which card to discard. Though if they only make one Joker, they'll need to remember to increase the odds of a Joker being pulled to maintain the current balance of the game, since right now it's balanced for a normal deck with both Jokers rather than one.

Last edited:

Sleeping In Pieces

Mar 16, 2019
Droid Productions

You're meant to use "either" here, not "neither".

Neither is when talking about two or more things.

"Neither one of them was any good."

Either is about one thing, sometimes one among many, but the subject is one thing.

"Either one will work." Or... "I wouldn't do that either, it's too risky."

I think I've seen this done two or three times so far.
'Either' means one of two options is true. 'Neither' means none of them are.
You are correct though in that 'either' is the better option in this case, the options being to meddle or not to meddle.

Reactions: Lunasmeow

Lunasmeow

Jul 22, 2017
'Either' means one of two options is true. 'Neither' means none of them are.
You are correct though in that 'either' is the better option in this case, the options being to meddle or not to meddle.
Yeah, "none of them" being "more than one". The "more than one" being "more than one option" as the "subject" in the sentence is what I meant. "Them" in your description making it plural. We're in agreement, I just phrased it weirdly.
So I think I've noticed something about the story that I didn't pick up on first time around, and starts to become a bit more clear with the benefit of hindsight. I don't know if anyone else has discussed this yet, and I'm not certain if this little theory will potentially count as spoilers so I will shove it all in a spoiler tag anyway.

You know, I think I'm going to further expand upon that Katie theory with a bit of Chloe Theory added in.

I like where your mind is with the Katie Theory but... I think you're off a little bit.

Last edited:

Lunasmeow

Jul 22, 2017
the mc´s mother fits far better the Godess profile then anyone else!

i had originally written a long ass well caractherised and argumented response but this site is going to shit and all was lost so... this is my tl dr
Firstly, you should probably spoiler this discussion so as not to spoil folks who haven't played the game or gotten far enough, mate. Hell, I only started this game a few days ago myself. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

As to your claim? The problem with that it twofold.

Lunasmeow

Jul 22, 2017
Droid Productions - I found another bug.

I just realized something. The Power calculations are wrong. Specifically the very first one, which fucks all the ones to follow.

Remember, initially, the top level holds a level 9 jem, then the next two levels can hold a level 8 gem. And yet, once we get Power +1, where every level is supposed to be one higher than before, instead of the next two levels being "one higher" and thus being able to slot a level 9 gem in the top three, only one of the level 8 slots goes up by one.

Basically... instead of each slot levelling up by one, which is what should be happening - instead every slot just "dropped down one". This seems like a simple mistake, becuase in a normal progression that would work - except two of your ranks have the same level of strength, making it where you didn't actually add power to every rank.
To summarize, the ranks go:

Initial Power​
Power +1 (Current)​
Power +1 (Fixed)​
9​
9​
9​
8​
9​
9​
8​
8 (No power increase!)
9​
7​
8​
8​
6​
7​
7​
5​
6​
6​
4​
5​
5​
3​
4​
4​
2​
3​
3​
1​
2​
2​

This throws off all future calculations as well as shown here:

Initial Power​
Power +1 (Current)​
Power +1 (Fixed)​
Power +2 (Current)​
Power +2 (Fixed)​
9​
9​
9​
9​
9​
8​
9​
9​
9​
9​
8​
8 (No power increase!)
9​
9​
9​
7​
8​
8​
8 (No power increase!)
9​
6​
7​
7​
8​
8​
5​
6​
6​
7​
7​
4​
5​
5​
6​
6​
3​
4​
4​
5​
5​
2​
3​
3​
4​
4​
1​
2​
2​
3​
3​

Last edited:

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Firstly, you should probably spoiler this discussion so as not to spoil folks who haven't played the game or gotten far enough, mate. Hell, I only started this game a few days ago myself. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

As to your claim? The problem with that it twofold.

Well my guess is it can most likely take two directions if it concerns people in game that will be the vessel and will not be the voices in totality ascending.

Concerning Katie, she might fall somehow under second option spoiler, but if remember right Droid did confirm her as MC's Lancelot so she seems to have a different destiny. Also I may remember this wrong, but can remember loads of mentions of Katies father and grandmother, but none of her mother. Maybe I forgot, but if not is there some secret still to be reveled there considering who her father was with? Is there maybe more as just the blood of Thor and MC's destiny fueling her rapid rise in power?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Warscared
4.60 star(s) 258 Votes