evilspyder

Jun 3, 2020
Well my guess is it can most likely take two directions if it concerns people in game that will be the vessel and will not be the voices in totality ascending.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Concerning Katie, she might fall somehow under second option spoiler, but if remember right Droid did confirm her as MC's Lancelot so she seems to have a different destiny. Also I may remember this wrong, but can remember loads of mentions of Katies father and grandmother, but none of her mother. Maybe I forgot, but if not is there some secret still to be reveled there considering who her father was with? Is there maybe more as just the blood of Thor and MC's destiny fueling her rapid rise in power?

Reactions: Real Kreten

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
It's because I didn't take 5 of a kind into account when I created the basic chart; as such the ranking goes Tier9, tier8, tier8, tier7.
In a sense it didn't matter that much, because there was a limited number of tier 9 gems available and tailoring a stack to take advantage of more than (maybe?) 2 was pretty challenging. In the book 2 world we have many more options.

As an aside, the topic of more gem stacks has come up, At this point I've ground enough that I have the gems needed to pretty much build any stack possible. I'd love more than three lineups. If only because it would make cashing in gems a lot simpler. However, that's minor compared to your progress on book 2. Given the choice between "nice to have" and the release of the next act, I'll take the new release every time!

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
In a sense it didn't matter that much, because there was a limited number of tier 9 gems available and tailoring a stack to take advantage of more than (maybe?) 2 was pretty challenging. In the book 2 world we have many more options.

As an aside, the topic of more gem stacks has come up, At this point I've ground enough that I have the gems needed to pretty much build any stack possible. I'd love more than three lineups. If only because it would make cashing in gems a lot simpler. However, that's minor compared to your progress on book 2. Given the choice between "nice to have" and the release of the next act, I'll take the new release every time!
I've increased it to 5 in the recent beta builds for both book 1 and book 2.

Reactions: UncleFredo

evilspyder

Jun 3, 2020
Hey Droid, I was wondering if you have any intention of introducing some characters that have only been referenced until now, such as Molly/Katie's moms, or the MC's grandfather? Just curious.

Lunasmeow

Jul 22, 2017
It's because I didn't take 5 of a kind into account when I created the basic chart; as such the ranking goes Tier9, tier8, tier8, tier7.
So long as it's a known thing then. Well, found another issue...

On November 15th, the date with Molly, Day 69 of the game.

I trained with Emily in the Glade that morning, and then the date occurred as normal. However, I ended up loading my game (I had a save during the morning training) and then after loading, for some reason the date with Molly didn't happen. Not sure what's going on there.

Edit: When I used the debug mode to "force start" the day again, the date played as normal - so I think what's happening is that the scheduler is only checking for forced events at the start of each day, rather than verifying at the moment of each change in the time of day. This works for new days, but not if you have a save in the middle of a day and an event scheduled later that day. The game needs to check for scripted events at each transition of time, not just in the mornings. Well, either that or else it needs to hold that scripted memory in real memory, not temporary memory that goes away when a game is loaded.

Last edited:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
So long as it's a known thing then. Well, found another issue...

On November 15th, the date with Molly, Day 69 of the game.

I trained with Emily in the Glade that morning, and then the date occurred as normal. However, I ended up loading my game (I had a save during the morning training) and then after loading, for some reason the date with Molly didn't happen. Not sure what's going on there.
Interesting case; I'll see if I can repro and put a fix on it, thx!

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Well with all respect I strongly doubt Molly will be the Maiden since she is MC's chosen and no maiden anymore anyway. :) Also if the return of the Goddess will be as I suspect something that will happen at the end of book 3 and will have a big impact on the ending of the war and how the new era starts it will be taking quite a bit of in game time before we are there, making Molly even more unlikely as the maiden by that time if still alive, since she will be a woman, even if not a mother yet.

Like I said I do think Anora makes the most sense anyway as a rebirth of the Goddess (and whom the voices have been truly building towards with MC only being part of the process that maybe changed a bit when Horny started to feel the ennui) from the start or have the option to become it, though no idea if Droid actually wants to take it there or it will be a form of the Norns (voices) ascending and reforming the Goddess with help of MC or Horny, since rebirth is part of the mantle of those two. Making a possible very hard choice for Emily and MC with the status of the war pending.

Thanks for the info on Katie's mother, I forgot, so I guess she has her fire affinity from her grandmother then, even if most of her male family members tend to be more lightning affinity.:p

Sorry for the big inline spoiler, but for some reason the regular spoiler refused to work.

Buttfor

Jul 22, 2017
I always try to like this but for the life of me I just can't, I have a phobia for forced romances and this title does just that..If the main heroine was optional I may even chase after her myself for she is not bad looking at all but knowing that being with her is out of the question just makes her so undersirable to me, no matter how attractive she is she will always be that vanilla girl that you can't escape from, a bitter pill that the dev wants you to swallow. This puts the player in an arranged marriage situation.....Free your games devs, free your players, free your characters.
Not every game is an open sandbox, sometimes there's a story being told

JMINATL

Aug 25, 2018
The Day by Day Walkthrough - Whoever is doing this - was going to link it on the fan wiki - did you want your handle credited?

(Fame...Fortune...Smoothly rendered babes....)

Reactions: Droid Productions

JMINATL

Aug 25, 2018
Also, there is no tutorial on the ability of the Japanese Seer chick. Sure, it sounds straightforward, but it simply says "order by suit" and what order is that? How are you ranking the suits? Do hearts come before or after clubs? Spade high? No way to know or practice until actual combat - the first time of which she is available is a boss type battle, where her ability can absolutely fuck you over if you use it not knowing how it actually works.
The wiki answers a couple of those questions.

1638415337119.png

Speaking of, where the hell IS all the data saved? I found the folder in AppData already and deleted it, but there is STILL persistent data and it can potentially screw up my start on the Steam version. Telling the debugger to delete achievements has done nothing, and now I worry my Steam version won't get them properly. This kind of "hide the save file" stuff is for AAA games that are afraid of cheaters and hackers, not indie games.

1638415487938.png

agregen

Oct 28, 2019
…Was only Android version of Book 1 updated on Friday? All other links seem to be older as far as I can tell (or outright outdated).
Also it's the only one where game version in filename is 1.2.1.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
…Was only Android version of Book 1 updated on Friday? All other links seem to be older as far as I can tell (or outright outdated).
Also it's the only one where game version in filename is 1.2.1.
Yeah, I finally managed to wrangle the Book 1 remaster I did into Android friendly terms. It adds a bunch of new animations (three sex animations, and 15+ quick looping animations at key places where magic's thrown around), re-rendered some of the early scenes and color-corrected and tuned more or less every single image in the game.

Duke4515

Jul 8, 2017
So, I've been looking at this game for a while and I think I want to play it but I have one concern. So far I'm 2 min in and I'm constantly being reminded that my dad seems to have thoroughly banged at least what seems to be the first LI (aka the Aunt). I just want to know if I will have to keep reading this over and over about how my dad gave it good to everyone that I too will want to bang. I'm not completely against it but to be consistently reminded of it, sometimes in unnecessary detail, it just becomes a turn off imo.

So, is this a recurring theme with the LI's that I may dislike?

Adry Lemon

Jul 17, 2020
So, I've been looking at this game for a while and I think I want to play it but I have one concern. So far I'm 2 min in and I'm constantly being reminded that my dad seems to have thoroughly banged at least what seems to be the first LI (aka the Aunt). I just want to know if I will have to keep reading this over and over about how my dad gave it good to everyone that I too will want to bang. I'm not completely against it but to be consistently reminded of it, sometimes in unnecessary detail, it just becomes a turn off imo.

So, is this a recurring theme with the LI's that I may dislike?
Nope only Chloë and Mom.

Reactions: JMINATL
4.60 star(s) 258 Votes