Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Yes, that did work, thank you. The textbox alpha was at full so I couldn't see half the screen as well.
Good to know..I should change the default to not be at 100%. I take it you didn't fiddle with the settings, so it started in Streamer Mode for you?

dmgab

Jun 25, 2019
Good to know..I should change the default to not be at 100%. I take it you didn't fiddle with the settings, so it started in Streamer Mode for you?
I did fiddle with the settings because the game did not start in fullscreen. I might have misclicked and left the streamer mode enabled, and when I started having the problem the the textbook alpha wasn't doing anything, maybe because of the streamer mode.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Ah, I see. OKay, that makes sense. Streamer mode was requested by people who stream on SFW platforms (twitch, facebook, youtube), but I should probably do something different than just blackout, which isn't really clear when you have accidentally clicked the setting.

dmgab

Jun 25, 2019
Ah, I see. OKay, that makes sense. Streamer mode was requested by people who stream on SFW platforms (twitch, facebook, youtube), but I should probably do something different than just blackout, which isn't really clear when you have accidentally clicked the setting.
I also messed with the settings because I didnt want to play the poker game so I pressed AUTO and somehow it got bugged and nothing was reacting to my clicks. Tried the casual/story mode setting too. I had to restart and load a quick save. I also messed up my name cause usually games ask that first, this time was second. This game ask for name change of every char even the guys lol. Is there a way to change my name or do I have to restart?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I also messed with the settings because I didnt want to play the poker game so I pressed AUTO and somehow it got bugged and nothing was reacting to my clicks. Tried the casual/story mode setting too. I had to restart and load a quick save. I also messed up my name cause usually games ask that first, this time was second. This game ask for name change of every char even the guys lol. Is there a way to change my name or do I have to restart?
You can go to the ingame PC and change all the names at any time, under Contacts:

1639800259066.png

Dec 12, 2021
You're likely right; I've only got any sparring experience with one handed short-swords. Let's chalk it down to MC's inexperience, and I'll do better once I get onto the two handed swords :)
um there r a lot of tik toks about that stuff, if you would like i can find a bunch of links for you so its easier for u
edit: lemmie ask but r u a solo dev or do u have a team?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
um there r a lot of tik toks about that stuff, if you would like i can find a bunch of links for you so its easier for u
edit: lemmie ask but r u a solo dev or do u have a team?
It's okay, I'd rather not re-pose and re-render a bunch of scenes in Book 1 at this point; it's out and done, and I have Book 2 to write :) I'll check it out when I do more sword fighting in Book 2 and 3.

Lunasmeow

Jul 22, 2017
Droid Productions - What percentage of Book 2 do you estimate is complete so far? I'm just wondering so I know whether I should just be patient and wait for it to finish, or if I should just bite the bullet and download the current version and play as it gets updated...

Also, just curious, but how long did Book 1 take you to make? It's really good work!

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Droid Productions - What percentage of Book 2 do you estimate is complete so far? I'm just wondering so I know whether I should just be patient and wait for it to finish, or if I should just bite the bullet and download the current version and play as it gets updated...

Also, just curious, but how long did Book 1 take you to make? It's really good work!
Book 1 took me about 16 months from start to finish. Book 2 is right now 3/5ths done (Acts VII, VIII and IX are done, IX+ is halfway done, left is X and XI); I hope to have it finished by March 2022.

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
It's okay, I'd rather not re-pose and re-render a bunch of scenes in Book 1 at this point; it's out and done, and I have Book 2 to write :) I'll check it out when I do more sword fighting in Book 2 and 3.
If you want to go into that much detail with grips, and just in case you are not aware of its existence (you probably are since you mentioned having sparring experience); HEMA posts some amazing guides, including still shots, of various sword-fighting techniques.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
If you want to go into that much detail with grips, and just in case you are not aware of its existence (you probably are since you mentioned having sparring experience); HEMA posts some amazing guides, including still shots, of various sword-fighting techniques.
Yeah, I'm learning the german school, focused on the Messer at the moment. It's a nice compliment to my usual boxing sessions and something I managed to convince my wife and daughter to come along to.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
For those of you curious, SpicyGaming did a little interview with me:

Love of Magic is also their game of the month, so if you want a free Steam Key they're giving them away to all their patreon supporters.

Lunasmeow

Jul 22, 2017
For those interested in Theory - I had a random thought. One I cannot really place any particular evidence for, which I typically dislike... but a thought I cannot seem to shake.

The Outsiders and Gods. They're quite obviously linked - as described in book one by Thor, the Outsiders are the "reapers of the pantheons" killing the weak, culling the herd. Now, I don't really care for his particular insight into their nature. I look at it like a sheep thinking it understands the shepherder. It cannot possibly see the full picture.

There's also the "voices" which, for all that we know they guide Sorcery, we have no goddamn clue what they actually are. Whose voices they are. Something we should be wondering.

And since the Lore is so scarce, all that we can really do is speculate considering how little is available.

Now, we know two things happen to gods. The Ennui, if they fail to find ways to stay "interested" in Life will eventually "kill" them somehow. Maybe they fade from existence, maybe they "die" in some manner, whatever. Then there's something else, where they "leave" like the Mother did. Speculated in-story as an "ascension" of sorts. Even went so far as to say that perhaps being a "god" was really just an intermediary stage, like a caccoon is for the butterfly, and the "ascension" is the "true" state of Godhood. Not even the Gods seem sure on that one, or if they are, they aren't telling. But then, there are also the "Forgotten Gods" and their shrines that we find in Elsewhere. Now, I'd assume that these are "forgotten pantheons" like say, the Sumerian Pantheon, with Tiamat, Marduk, Gilgamesh, and so forth as an example. That said, we don't know the state of these "forgotten gods". Are they dead gods that succumbed to Ennui, and some of their power remains? Maybe that's why some shrine still work and some don't? It's just remnants of power, working automatically? Or maybe they're still alive, just no longer worshipped, withdrawn into the Elsewhere, having ignored the world? And that's why some work and some don't? Because some are alive and some are really dead? Not sure, and thus unsure how they fit into this theory.

Which leads to my thought...

What if the Outsiders are what happen to Gods who fail to fully mature into their "butterfly" form? Gods who fall to the Ennui? It's often been said in mythology that gods cannot truly die - that such power has to go somewhere and Droid seems to be using a lot of IRL mythology for this, depsite putting their own twist on things. So what if that part remains true? What if that is why "all that remains" of the Outsiders is far less intellect than what could lead armies properly and so forth? Because that description implies that they were once something else, something that was able to lead armies and think logically and so on. And the only thing I can think of that even comes close to their power are gods. Gods who have succumbed to the Ennui, lost their interest in Life, and died a mental death, becoming mindless hungry forces of nature - feeding on other Gods.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
No, they're a new Adult games site:
Awesome interview. If you don't mind my asking, what does your fire/ice build look like? And why? Really curious. I've played with both an Ice build and a fire build, but I never tried pairing them.

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes