UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
i had this game on the back burner for a while now, is the story and chars worth it? i've been meaning to give it a try a while now...and last question is there a grind mechanic in the game?

The story and the characters are most definitely worth it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

In other words, I think the game's worth playing as-is at least once. Or if not as-is, then at least cheating by gentle nudges rather than just giving yourself five copies of all the gems, all the money, and triple-digit stats. If you're a few chapters in and find that you just can't stand it anymore, then go ahead and cheat.
First. I absolutely LOVE this game. It's incredible, as is the ability of Droid to deliver so much complex content at this level of quality as a solo developer. Just amazing. So NOTHING I say here is in any way a criticism of this game or Droid.

I played book one six times. Six times. There are so many nuances and benefits to the many side quests, that, even with the wiki and the walkthrough, it took me six play throughs to find them all and optimize my entry into book two, which I have played more than once.

Because of the genius of Droid, the game won't let you miss any key aspects of the main story arc. So a barefoot play through will get you to the end of book one able to move to book two. But you'll miss a lot of the beneficial nooks and crannies tucked away in the game and the learning curve on the poker based combat system and going to elsewhere is pretty steep to tackle without some guidance.

So there is a pdf walkthrough that gives someone an orientation to how the days line up. It's vague enough not to spoil their experience but helpful enough to speed their learning curve. My recommendation is to use that pdf as a guideline. I also recommend someone new read the wiki.

SirAuron20 If you like the game, I pretty much guarantee you'll play it at least twice. Once to get the lay of the land and then another to pick up all the pieces and enjoy its brilliance once you understand how it all fits together.

LordUmbra

Jun 29, 2018
Android test (0.5.24b): - - MEGA - PIXELDRAIN - WORKUPLOAD

What's worth testing:
- Does it work? :D
- Performance on initial download (it uses cloudfront, so it may take a few downloads for that to trigger, and my normal server is slow as fuck).
- Bugs?
Thank you, droid, for your hardwork and creativity.
To answer the questions.
Yes, it is working fine.
The download was fine, if not the fastest. Though, it is downloading 50Mb or so additional data every time I open it on top of the 619Mb at first.

Reactions: Droid Productions

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
i had this game on the back burner for a while now, is the story and chars worth it? i've been meaning to give it a try a while now...and last question is there a grind mechanic in the game?
If you are looking for a story that is good enough to make you forget there are lewdz then this is completely, totally, 100% worth it.
I am a self-admitted, borderline fanboi of LoM....alright, might be a bit more than "borderline" if I am being honest...but the story and characters are completely amazing. Just make sure you have some time before you start, you are going to get sucked in.

This is the only one that I willingly go back and replay from the beginning, for no other reason than I want to revisit the story.

Belfaborac

Jul 7, 2019
is the story and chars worth it?
Whether the story or characters are worth it, I'm probably the wrong person to say

Let me then, if I may.

Given the slightest bit of liking for the genre, there isn't a game to be found here that is more worthy of your time and attention than this one.

Not only is the writing incredibly adept in general and the dialogue superb in its portrayal of the different characters' personalities, the storyline is also crafted with real care and attention, showing the author's familiarity with the mythologies in question. The characters are universally interesting, distinct in personality and feel "appropriate" to the positions they inhabit. All of which is rather unusual in the games inhabiting F95ZONE and to find all traits at once is frankly unheard of.

In the world of chaff that generally comprises this site, Love of Magic is a shining example of what can be created by someone with real skill and (one assumes) passion.

Droid Productions: if you ever write a book, please sling a PM my way and I'll pick it up in a heartbeat.

Last edited:

noman hossain

Mar 4, 2018
No, I'll be doing it once I finish up Act IX (which should be relatively soon; I've got 2 1/2 more events to write, and then some bug-fixing for the strategic combat. The problem is the build is >2GB in size, even with me downsampling the videos and images for Android, which requires me to upload download files over the internet from the app, and that code-path's got a lot of potential bugs and issues in it. So I'll get to it when I have some spare cycles.
so any update on that? really want to try the game but still old version is huge bummer

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
After all the insane positive comments yeah im gonna try it for sure when im off work so i can give it my full attention...And as a big fan of Poker i dont think ill be even needing to use the cheats...Thanks everyone for their feedbacks!
Alright; I had a thought, and now that I have gotten my fanboi gushing out of the way, I want to add to what I said.
Not kink-shaming if any of this applies; I just remembered that some people are more sensitive to some types of content than others are, and wanted to give you a fair review of the game.

Potentially spoilerish, but it is meant as a warning and will not 'give away' any of the game-play:
IF you are the type that believes every single character you meet has to be an mc-only LI, that have spent their lives waiting in a locked room for the MC to arrive and punch their v-card, there will be parts of this that you do not like.

You will meet people that are possible friends-with-benefits (your choice, lewding is avoidable if you prefer). You will meet LI's that have a past but once they are yours, they are yours only. You will hear/read an occasional thing regarding said past; nothing overly detailed, and it isn't an ongoing theme, just a stray comment or two early on.
There is also a potential scene or two where you are in a group activity, and the others will touch each other. I think I remember this was avoidable, most lewdz are, but I can't swear to it since I never skipped it......I think that is everything that might possibly need a warning.
My personal take on it; I don't have a v-card fetish, so that part never bothered me at all (especially with how minor it is), I expect adults to have some kind of past. The group activities are designed to enhance your enjoyment of the activity, not to take anything away from it (trying to stay spoiler-free, so no details).

One last thing: Emily is a "forced" choice, the whole story revolves around the love that her and the MC share, so you can not avoid her. I didn't find this to be a hardship at all; it never felt like a forced choice, just a natural part of the story, but I know a very few people have complained about it so I thought I would mention it.

edited because I apparently can't spell, even with spell-check :oops:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
so any update on that? really want to try the game but still old version is huge bummer
I put out a test yesterday:
Android test (0.5.24b): - - MEGA - PIXELDRAIN - WORKUPLOAD

What's worth testing:
- Does it work? :D
- Performance on initial download (it uses cloudfront, so it may take a few downloads for that to trigger, and my normal server is slow as fuck).
- Bugs?

• Wow
Reactions: noman hossain

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Potentially spoilerish, but it is meant as a warning and will not 'give away' any of the game-play:
Dude, that "this is not NTR" disclaimer trigger warning is going to trigger the hell out of people who have an NTR phobia :D

(And no, Love of Magic will never have any hints of NTR themes. Any girls that have other love interests will not be an MC love interest, and will clearly be tagged as such when you meet her; MC's not so starved for attention that he needs to steal his best friend's girl).

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
Dude, that "this is not NTR" disclaimer trigger warning is going to trigger the hell out of people who have an NTR phobia :D

(And no, Love of Magic will never have any hints of NTR themes. Any girls that have other love interests will not be an MC love interest, and will clearly be tagged as such when you meet her; MC's not so starved for attention that he needs to steal his best friend's girl).
Hey! YOU are the one that mentioned the 3 unmentionable letters, I just wanted to soften any potential impact so my dude didn't come back yelling "Why didn't you tell me X looked at Y's no-no spot! Now it's RUINED!!!" :ROFLMAO:

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018

Also not unimportant, that guy is a real friend and not some abusive assholes or bitches who mistreats girls you care about as a player or the MC or mistreats the MC. :p

SomeoneX22

Dec 1, 2017
, if you want to support it.
Bought it on Steam. Definitly more convinient way to pay good developers than Patreon. Just cloud saves and delta updates without having to download full game again worth it.

Any ETAs when Book 1 will be fully absolutly completed?
I usually leapfrog development; the normal Acts (Act I, II, etc) will advance the timeline, adding more main story events. The Act+ updates will update the sandbox, adding more activities that fill the world, tell optional back-stories and side-content that you can track down.
I want to do one playthrough, and returning to missed content on earlier days is painful.

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
Bought it on Steam. Definitly more convinient way to pay good developers than Patreon. Just cloud saves and delta updates without having to download full game again worth it.

Any ETAs when Book 1 will be fully absolutly completed?

I want to do one playthrough, and returning to missed content on earlier days is painful.
Book 1 is completed (besides translations). It's Book 2 that's getting updated now

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Only story-wise. Dev posted update on Steam that he want to add more side-activities, that is why i asked.
I'm building Book 2 on Book 1's Beta Branch, so those updates are specifically related to Book 2 content (Act IX+, I assume you're talking about). Basically I wanted to have the same kind of interactive relationship with players on Steam that I have on Patreon, and here on F95zone, where people can see the game as it's being developed, without being stuck in Early Access.

Once Book 2 is done (I have 2 more acts to go), I'll release it as a new Steam game, adding achievements and collectibles, then starting to build Book 3 on the Beta branch.

If you're enjoying the game, give . It really helps boost the initial launch and reaching out to normie fans.

SomeoneX22

Dec 1, 2017
Act IX+, I assume you're talking about
I just was little confused with wording and thought that Act I+, Act II+ etc coming too. Thanks for making it clear that Act+ updates only related to Book 2.

It's really cool that you don't paywall latest game updates behind high tier Patreon and allow everyone to play it in Steam beta branch, I hope more players will support you!
Already wishlisted Book 2. Time to complete first one again with all achievements! ;)

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes