Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I just was little confused with wording and thought that Act I+, Act II+ etc coming too. ;)
They're long done. Basically the way I work is that I do one Act (which advances the main story, and the end of the calendar content), then I do an Act+ (which expands on the world design and the sandbox content). Act I+ was Slice of life, if I recall. II+ was the Paths of Elsewhere, etc. For Book 2, Act VII+ was expanding Camelot, Act VIII+ was things to do in Edinburgh, and Act IX+ was stories from the King's Dragon. Act X+ will be focused on the Paths of Elsewhere again; new enemies, new side-stories, etc. Act XI+ (the end of Book 2) will be Steam centric; Achievements, collectibles, final bug fixes, etc.

cermebaatsisvye

Oct 1, 2019
Working my way through Book 1 for the first time, using a walkthrough so I can get to Book 2! I can't get the final part of The Perfect Black Rose to trigger though.
  • It's day 41,
  • I've gotten the scene from giving Jenny the rose the second time, and
  • Olivia had her little encounter in the dungeon.
I thought I had talked to Olivia later about her encounter, but maybe that was a random encounter at the Crowley? In any case, whenever I visit her in the private library, I don't have any new options for talking to her, just studying or leaving. Not sure how to make the final black rose part happen...

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Working my way through Book 1 for the first time, using a walkthrough so I can get to Book 2! I can't get the final part of The Perfect Black Rose to trigger though.
  • It's day 41,
  • I've gotten the scene from giving Jenny the rose the second time, and
  • Olivia had her little encounter in the dungeon.
I thought I had talked to Olivia later about her encounter, but maybe that was a random encounter at the Crowley? In any case, whenever I visit her in the private library, I don't have any new options for talking to her, just studying or leaving. Not sure how to make the final black rose part happen...
Black Rose III won't trigger until later (for Story reasons):

Reactions: Warscared

billclinton99

Jan 2, 2020
Whoever is doing the writing must have a word fetish, literally every sentence I see has the word Oops in it, where it neither has context or meaning. :rolleyes:
I try to mentally tune it out but it's annoying and very poor habit to have as a writer.

JMINATL

Aug 25, 2018
Whoever is doing the writing must have a word fetish, literally every sentence I see has the word Oops in it, where it neither has context or meaning. :rolleyes:
I try to mentally tune it out but it's annoying and very poor habit to have as a writer.
The 'poopsie oopsie' was a bit of a running gag in Book 1, which probably doesn't help if that word bothers you. There are 26 instances of that string out of ~20k lines.

Reactions: Real Kreten

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
The 'poopsie oopsie' was a bit of a running gag in Book 1, which probably doesn't help if that word bothers you. There are 26 instances of that string out of ~20k lines.
Some people get butt-hurt by poopsie oopsie, I guess. If so, I recommend you pick one of the other choices for what MC uses to refer to anal sex.

iKamoficial

Feb 14, 2020
So happy to have returned to this game to see how many updates it had. It is so good to see a game that doesn't take 2 years for 3 updates from which 2 out of them are bug fixes. I mean i don't want to undermine bug fixing updates but in 2 years someone should be able to fix enough bugs to make some CONTENT!

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
So happy to have returned to this game to see how many updates it had. It is so good to see a game that doesn't take 2 years for 3 updates from which 2 out of them are bug fixes. I mean i don't want to undermine bug fixing updates but in 2 years someone should be able to fix enough bugs to make some CONTENT!
Hopefully there's enough content ;) It's been 2 years and 4 months since I started this project, and I'm now working on Act 10 of 16. Something like 20+ hrs of core story content, with gods alone know how many hours of side-stories, in addition to the Paths of Elsewhere. About 2 books worth of text.

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
Some people get butt-hurt by poopsie oopsie, I guess. If so, I recommend you pick one of the other choices for what MC uses to refer to anal sex.
so...

• [ ]
anyone of these? or perhaps the chocolat starfish... although that tends to be a position!

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
There's a choice in Book 1 where the player has a chance to suggest how he should convince someone to have anal sex with him. The three options are Poopsie Oopsie, Backdoor Exploration or Stretching the Chocolate Starfish. After that point the game remembers what you picked, and it's referenced from time to time as a joke. Some people have been known to get *really* triggered by it, I've seen streamers that cringe every time it's mentioned :)

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I ACTUALLY NEVER REMEMBERED IT! although i probably called it the backdoor!

if i was given a chance i would use the term loophole and i believe most people raised on hollywood shit would too due to the sheer amount of gags (and yes this is normally for deepthroating but get your head out of the gutter already) in regards to that expression!

Em- we can not have sex before marriage!
MC - there is always the loophole!
Em- whats that?
mc - the loophole is a loophole that exists in the marriage contract in regards to the loophole loophole so we just have to use the loophole to loophole the loophole!
It's actually referenced in MC's chat with Chloe after the first Homework date with Emily.

iKamoficial

Feb 14, 2020
Hopefully there's enough content ;) It's been 2 years and 4 months since I started this project, and I'm now working on Act 10 of 16. Something like 20+ hrs of core story content, with gods alone know how many hours of side-stories, in addition to the Paths of Elsewhere. About 2 books worth of text.
It is more then enough!! I tought with the quality of the gameplay and the story it would only be like a 10 hour game at best but you EXCEEDED my expectations by making the story not only coherent but BELIEVABLE for a fiction story. The quality only rises with every update instead of deteriorating like other games I've played. It truly is a marvel how you can keep making this game with this quality in this amount of time. I raise my hat to you.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
herm i just read the description of the game and seriously? Sunny Edinburgh ? Sunny? wtf!! compared to what? Iceland? i hope you live in a better place that in comparison with Edinburgh is Sunny like London or Moscow... ffs...
Trust me, I know. Used to live there.

But MC doesn't :)

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Warscared

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
herm i just read the description of the game and seriously? Sunny Edinburgh ? Sunny? wtf!! compared to what? Iceland? i hope you live in a better place that in comparison with Edinburgh is Sunny like London or Moscow... ffs...
Trust me, I know. Used to live there.

But MC doesn't :)
I've lived in Scotland for years myself, and I can say they actually use that expression a LOT "sunny 'deen" and so on, it's just ironic most of the time really :) so, it fits just fine.
Droid's done a fantastic job with the lingo and expressions from around there.

_RenPyFan_

May 15, 2021
At the end of book 2 0.5.6a mc is jumping from an airplane over Dresden, Katie preparing a raid in Switzerland. Continuing with
0.5.24b no hint about these events. How to continue the story ?

Alex+1987+

Jul 1, 2021
I have 2 question
1)In wiki in quest VCR
(In Merlin's tower select "I should do some more digging into the Gate at the Glade.")
I should come back another day to continue exploring this mystery.
(Wait a day. In Merlin's tower select "It's time to dig a little deeper. Maybe the local ghost in the machine knows something?")
How take this dialog in merlin tower i have only one dialog with this quest
2)Act VIII, Day 150 - [Need Earliest Date] If you completed Warthog go Brrrrt, see Emily in great hall to close it out.
I have battle with ork near plane earlier but not have this dialog
P.S thx for you work its very interesting game and sorry for bad english

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
I have 2 question
1)In wiki in quest VCR
(In Merlin's tower select "I should do some more digging into the Gate at the Glade.")
I should come back another day to continue exploring this mystery.
(Wait a day. In Merlin's tower select "It's time to dig a little deeper. Maybe the local ghost in the machine knows something?")
How take this dialog in merlin tower i have only one dialog with this quest
2)Act VIII, Day 150 - [Need Earliest Date] If you completed Warthog go Brrrrt, see Emily in great hall to close it out.
I have battle with ork near plane earlier but not have this dialog
P.S thx for you work its very interesting game and sorry for bad english
MOST OF THEM HAVE not been completed! i am waiting for the development of the kingdom events before continuing my gritting save where i maximize my stats, so i understand how you feel!

the gifting kathie the rare botle of whiskey is also not finished just yet!

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes