Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
View attachment 1664513
I thought Elanora was Emily's other name, but apparently it's two different people ? Or is that her armor ? I must have skipped a text explaining it earlier
Yeah, you missed a BIG thing there.
Elanora will grow on you over time I'm sure.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

JMINATL

Aug 25, 2018
Act XI+'s content will be all of that kind of stuff:
- Achievements
- Collectibles
- Steam cards
It is worth noting that the Discord has a dedicated channel for achievement suggestions with all kinds of wild ideas.

(Including 'Monogamous II' in case you want to hunt someone down and punish them for wrong think repeatedly.)

If anyone gets a great achievement idea, wander over there and post it :cool:

Reactions: Droid Productions

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
Do I need the walkthrough to play this game and get all scenes, or is it intuitive enough ?
na you're pretty much good to do what you want. Major events trigger when you wake up. There's also a calender in the game to show when things will happen.

There's also a good way of checking if something's ready to trigger. In the game there's an option to basically quick jump to a location. And in that you see character avatars to show who is where. In instances where there's something you can do, the character who isn't there will be missing so you go "oh, something must be happening there"

Reactions: Tavi13
Aug 15, 2021
Time for some whining.

This is a great game however I feel like the harem aspect of it is a bit half assed and almost feels like an afterthought featuring a reluctant MC. I wish we had a bit more autonomy when it comes to the decisions the MC makes and how far he is willing to take his relationship with katie + the chosen - he treats them badly and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I wish it was just a straight up romance game featuring only Emily as the LI if the MC is so reluctant to be involved with the other girls.

The other aspect I dislike is the significance of fate and the implication that choices dont matter. I also find overpowered MCs boring which is also probably why I liked book 1 so much more than book2. When the MC's powers are not so incredibly broken I think it is easier to feel a sense of adventure and wonder as the MC explores the new world he has been introduced to. With book 2 I feel like some of that magic is lost as the focus shifts away from the worldbuilding that was done in book 1. Now you have factions and baddies but the world itself feels a little lacking for me. Few games (last sovereign comes to mind) still manage to keep that sense of wonder/discovery despite having large scale military fantasy type wars and I wish this game was more like that since it is a genuinely interesting setting. However this is a nitpick and whats there is quite good.

Other than that I have really enjoyed the game. Story is decent, renders are nice and the romance with Emily in part 1 is very well written. Overall this is definitely one of the better games I have played on this websites despite my complaints above. I look forward to future updates and I will be getting this on steam.

Last edited:

JMINATL

Aug 25, 2018
Time for some whining.

This is a great game however I feel like the harem aspect of it is a bit half assed and almost feels like an afterthought featuring a reluctant MC. I wish we had a bit more autonomy when it comes to the decisions the MC makes and how far he is willing to take his relationship with katie + the chosen - he treats them badly and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I wish it was just a straight up romance game featuring only Emily as the LI if the MC is so reluctant to be involved with the other girls.

The other aspect I dislike is the significance of fate and the implication that choices dont matter. I also find overpowered MCs boring which is also probably why I liked book 1 so much more than book2. When the MC's powers are not so incredibly broken I think it is easier to feel a sense of adventure and wonder as the MC explores the new world he has been introduced to. With book 2 I feel like some of that magic is lost as the focus shifts away from the worldbuilding that was done in book 1. Now you have factions and baddies but the world itself feels a little lacking for me. Few games (last sovereign comes to mind) still manage to keep that sense of wonder/discovery despite having large scale military fantasy type wars and I wish this game was more like that since it is a genuinely interesting setting. However this is a nitpick and whats there is quite good.

Other than that I have really enjoyed the game. Story is decent, renders are nice and the romance with Emily in part 1 is very well written. Overall this is definitely one of the better games I have played on this websites despite my complaints above. I look forward to future updates and I will be getting this on steam.
Half assed harem aspect - Disagree. The harem aspect of the game (Emily+Katie+Akane/Molly/Bella) is different in nature than the typical harem fare. The concept and behavior of the Chosen is rather unique in that regard and while it qualifies as a harem it is also something entirely its own. Katie specifically is a Lancelot figure. Other relationships are ancillary and technically optional.

Emily Romance - Partial. I found Bella and Katie more organic and compelling. Molly next, then Emily, then Akane. To me, much (but not all) of Emily's romance had a bit more mechanical feel to it despite more time being devoted to it. Never really been able to put my finger on why. While some of that shifts around depending on the day and my BAC, to me the Emily romance simply isn't the shiniest of those ornaments.

Overpowered Fate - Partial. The fate aspect reads to me as actors such as Merlin and The Horned Lord seeing probabilities and preparing for contingencies. The Voices (an actor that stands outside the flow of time) is more of an amoral factor in the story that sees and wants things to go down particular paths and nudges things that way, but can be resisted. The MC's struggle for the outcome he wants vs one just good-enough for those fateful actors is a key aspect of the story. You are seeing the world as it goes down one path, but if that outcome was assured Gate would not be sitting on a magical nuke ready to blow bits of the protagonist to Hel.

MC Overpowered - Partial. The MC isn't really overpowered in context of the struggle, Droid has made clear Owyn isn't the most powerful of the gods even now, he is just among them. But he feels overpowered in play. Droid made the design decision to reduce/eliminate the option/consequences of failure. It felt (to me) more like you could lose, particularly early in Book 1 development. This is not a bad design decision, but it is a trade off that does lose something. There really aren't options for screwups, bad choices, combat failures etc. leading to 'bad-ends' and it seems unlikely to be a direction he will take the game.

YMMV :)

Reactions: Warscared

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
Half assed harem aspect - Disagree. The harem aspect of the game (Emily+Katie+Akane/Molly/Bella) is different in nature than the typical harem fare. The concept and behavior of the Chosen is rather unique in that regard and while it qualifies as a harem it is also something entirely its own. Katie specifically is a Lancelot figure. Other relationships are ancillary and technically optional.
I kinda agree with the original point..... to a degree, not to the point I feel it detracts from how great the game is, but enough that as a player, I'm aware it feels a bit artificial. It's half assed in that it's very obvious the MC didn't want it (multiple women that is), it's something that's been forced upon him and time and time again he talks about his love for Emily, but at the same time the MC and even Emily herself comment repeatedly on how the MC "neglects" his Chosen and he needs to do something about it. It seems the MC likes to mention how Emily is the only woman for him, whilst fooling about with other people. It's one of the reasons I am VERY keen to see how Katie's storyline is handled, because it's such a non-goer from the MC's point of view, but it's very obvious a fixed point in the plot so WILL happen in the story.

I think the problem comes from the fact you have the choice to be faithful (I think there's even a book 1 Steam achievement for it) but sleeping with other people doesn't, at any point, seem to change the MC's thinking on having a group of women about him. He's belting out classic lines like "oh Emily's the only woman for me in this world and the next" etc etc etc mushy Halmark card stuff.... whilst at the same time he's shagging half the castle. The game would flow a lot better if the MC embraced this mantle of his. Until he does, or the dialogue changes to reflect the actions you take, then it'll always sit weird.

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020

Emily Romance - Partial. I found Bella and Katie more organic and compelling. Molly next, then Emily, then Akane. To me, much (but not all) of Emily's romance had a bit more mechanical feel to it despite more time being devoted to it. Never really been able to put my finger on why. While some of that shifts around depending on the day and my BAC, to me the Emily romance simply isn't the shiniest of those ornaments.

Overpowered Fate - Partial. The fate aspect reads to me as actors such as Merlin and The Horned Lord seeing probabilities and preparing for contingencies. The Voices (an actor that stands outside the flow of time) is more of an amoral factor in the story that sees and wants things to go down particular paths and nudges things that way, but can be resisted. The MC's struggle for the outcome he wants vs one just good-enough for those fateful actors is a key aspect of the story. You are seeing the world as it goes down one path, but if that outcome was assured Gate would not be sitting on a magical nuke ready to blow bits of the protagonist to Hel.

MC Overpowered - Partial. The MC isn't really overpowered in context of the struggle, Droid has made clear Owyn isn't the most powerful of the gods even now, he is just among them. But he feels overpowered in play. Droid made the design decision to reduce/eliminate the option/consequences of failure. It felt (to me) more like you could lose, particularly early in Book 1 development. This is not a bad design decision, but it is a trade off that does lose something. There really aren't options for screwups, bad choices, combat failures etc. leading to 'bad-ends' and it seems unlikely to be a direction he will take the game.

YMMV :)
I kinda agree with the original point..... to a degree, not to the point I feel it detracts from how great the game is, but enough that as a player, I'm aware it feels a bit artificial. It's half assed in that it's very obvious the MC didn't want it (multiple women that is), it's something that's been forced upon him and time and time again he talks about his love for Emily, but at the same time the MC and even Emily herself comment repeatedly on how the MC "neglects" his Chosen and he needs to do something about it. It seems the MC likes to mention how Emily is the only woman for him, whilst fooling about with other people. It's one of the reasons I am VERY keen to see how Katie's storyline is handled, because it's such a non-goer from the MC's point of view, but it's very obvious a fixed point in the plot so WILL happen in the story.

I think the problem comes from the fact you have the choice to be faithful (I think there's even a book 1 Steam achievement for it) but sleeping with other people doesn't, at any point, seem to change the MC's thinking on having a group of women about him. He's belting out classic lines like "oh Emily's the only woman for me in this world and the next" etc etc etc mushy Halmark card stuff.... whilst at the same time he's shagging half the castle. The game would flow a lot better if the MC embraced this mantle of his. Until he does, or the dialogue changes to reflect the actions you take, then it'll always sit weird.
I've always said it, until Emily learns to love being a cuckqueen on top of being a queen, it just won't feel natural ^_^
Sharing is caring :D

And I totally agree that the King is not putting near enough attention to his chosen, poor things are filling a second lakes with their fluids from being that neglected! :)

Reactions: JMINATL

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
I've always said it, until Emily learns to love being a cuckqueen on top of being a queen, it just won't feel natural ^_^
Sharing is caring :D

And I totally agree that the King is not putting near enough attention to his chosen, poor things are filling a second lakes with their fluids from being that neglected! :)
But that's my issue, Emily has accepted it (well... as much as she can do). She understands the dynamic and what the MC's mantle is and has learnt to be accomodating. Emily has literally set dates up for the MC, and helped smooth things over in book 1 when Akane didn't take too well to a suggested buggering, so it's safe to say she's onboard with the idea.

But in spite of everything the MC still acts like he's pure and is trying to avoid temptation...... whilst occasionally drops a line that suggests he's being faithful to his one true love Emily, and it's jarring. I get he's new to the mantle in grand scheme of things (a few months give or take) so it's not like I expect him to have the airy grace his father obviously has, but it's so damn weird to hear him talk about how Emily is the only one for him in this life or the next........ whilst he's still got the barista's lipstick on his dick.

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
But that's my issue, Emily has accepted it (well... as much as she can do). She understands the dynamic and what the MC's mantle is and has learnt to be accomodating. Emily has literally set dates up for the MC, and helped smooth things over in book 1 when Akane didn't take too well to a suggested buggering, so it's safe to say she's onboard with the idea.

But in spite of everything the MC still acts like he's pure and is trying to avoid temptation...... whilst occasionally drops a line that suggests he's being faithful to his one true love Emily, and it's jarring. I get he's new to the mantle in grand scheme of things (a few months give or take) so it's not like I expect him to have the airy grace his father obviously has, but it's so damn weird to hear him talk about how Emily is the only one for him in this life or the next........ whilst he's still got the barista's lipstick on his dick.
That's the thing, she's only accepted it.

If she learned to like it, and play with the chosen and the MC, he'd man up a bit more, what man wouldn't ?

Aug 15, 2021

Yeah this is exactly my problem with the harem theme here. I like the romance for the non-emily girls I just dont like how the MC acts and I wish there was more player choice in that regard.

If his reactions to the other girls are going to be this forced, then I would rather the game be a single LI story and not a harem. If it is going to be a harem and if emily has accepted it then there is no reason for the MC to treat the secondary LIs the way he does. This is the aspect of the harem I dislike.

JMINATL

Aug 25, 2018
I'll concede the cognitive dissonance that should be present in the MC.

However while Emily understands and accepts that his destiny/fate/aspect is sexual in part.
The Chosen - obvious support
Jenny - Financial support
Katie - Basically brought the clan, also Lancelot.

other real (Snowdrop, Diana, Chloe, Aino, Jalsa, Xochi) and potential (Aoife, Kath, Jora) LIs are less obviously useful story wise and are essentially a nod to this being a fantasy pr0n game and are more just fun for the audience. Those 'fan service' class LIs are definitely outside what Emily would be so accepting of.

There is an interesting scene with Emily in the bedroom when Owyn tells her about bringing back Xochi from Mexico. Emily asks if he is going to add her to his harem. As a player you are presented with two responses.

The 'good' response - where you disavow any such prurient intentions as a good hubby should.
The 'partially accurate' response - where you say something like "I don't know, maybe?" and get the dreaded '. . .' from Emily.

Emily definitely doesn't consider him as having 'free reign', she accepts him doing what he MUST, not what he WANTS. However you can certainly play the game as doing what he wants (I admit to this...) I suspect there aren't going to be consequences for doing so. Still, who knows - maybe Droid will add a path where four or five girls show up pregnant after the war and you see a cloud of blue death forming behind Emily and Owyn running for his life?

:)

Reactions: Real Kreten

JMINATL

Aug 25, 2018
I think the problem comes from the fact you have the choice to be faithful (I think there's even a book 1 Steam achievement for it)
There is, although it's only to be as 'true as you can' since some of the relationships are story driven and not optional (e.g. Chosen). The achievement is extra evil as you have to actually get right up to doing the deed with each girl (or pair of girls) and at the last choice basically go 'Nah, I'm out' leaving the girl(s) high and not-so-dry.

It's unnatural.

1646089085216.png

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
Since you lot spawned this idea, i figured I would share...

View attachment 1679698
View attachment 1679700
the best part is the proud father! "that´s mah boyh!" and if you can cut to that with Mom hitting him with a rolling pin it would be even better as long as the timing is right!

so the mom´s sorcery can not change who the old horny is but she can make him feel guilty over being what he is...

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
Finished the latest beta, some thoughts on book 1 and 2 so far.

In both books, I got events out of sequence. In book 1, I hadn't met Bella downtown yet but went out with her and Katie as if I had. I think Keith was like that as well.

In book 2, it took me quite some time to understand that I had to go to Elsewhere with just Molly for the bullet quest to trigger, I kept going to see her at the pub hoping there would be a prompt there where I could invite her to the journey. Consequently, I hadn't finished the first part of the quest yet but was already using the bullets to defend the castle.

Then there is the issue of leveling up the MC. The only time you get to level up is in specific going out to hunt missions with the 3 card interface. You get no experience for demon enclave destruction or the trip to Mexico to face the outsider. I'm sure I didn't level up enough in book 1 so I appreciate the fact that in many instances the MC cannot be killed outright when faced with a stronger opponent. It also took me forever before I realized that I could use X with the box below the health bar.

I have a question about why some choices are in yellow and some are grey in parentheses, it happens when you use X, throw barrier is yellow while the others are grey, and in the after wedding dance scene Chloe gets yellow, the rest grey. I first took it to mean that those other skills with X were not available, but that turns out to be not the case.

I am thankful that there is an option to skip the big battle scene and just watch the cut scenes as I could not figure out the interface to fight the battle even with the practice battle on the home screen.

Graphics are impressive, I don't think I need everyone swaying a little when I am talking to them, but blinking in the headshots is good. At one point I had 4 characters displayed but 1 of the chosen was on top of the other instead of in the empty 4 position on the right.

Is there any content with Jenny and the computer? At some point, the option to have her "serve" you seems to go away, yet she stays devoted.

I wish there was an option to do some damage to Akane's uncle(?) as he was being an ass to her and he needs to be shown that she is with a god now and any of his family's needs and wants are trivial and he needs to know that he is only alive by staying in the MC's good graces. Yes, he was trying to anger you, he should learn that making a god angry is not the best course of action if you want to stay alive. And at the end of that whole scene, we never did get to see her mother's weapons or what they could do to help her in the future.

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
I wish there was an option to do some damage to Akane's uncle(?) as he was being an ass to her and he needs to be shown that she is with a god now and any of his family's needs and wants are trivial and he needs to know that he is only alive by staying in the MC's good graces. Yes, he was trying to anger you, he should learn that making a god angry is not the best course of action if you want to stay alive. And at the end of that whole scene, we never did get to see her mother's weapons or what they could do to help her in the future.
i think you misunderstood the consequences of angering a clan of powerful seers!
no man rules alone and even so more a god!

remember that even Thor is kind of scared of a sword of humanity as your teacher!
how Freya is trying really hard to mend the rift with the Scottish clan who is now ruled by Kathie!

Akane´s uncle probably did anger you on purpose to measure you, you might be too unstable to let live... if that is the case the 5 or 6 tail fox might have had to pay you a visit in the middle of the night and provide you with a nice dagger as a wedding gift.. probably trough the heart/flame!

a clan of seers that as demon fox´s as foot soldiers...

do not get me wrong a god as Thor might survive murdering and slaying most of the Scottish clan... might! but he would be immediately shunned by all the other gods and considered a liability!

furthermore it as been stated the MC is not the most powerful god, he can not use his entire power pool without burning himself into a wisp, there are older and wiser gods that without so much potential power can probably pack a strong enough punch to take your MC out!

what you saw during the meeting of Camelot (who once again only have sorcerers or enchanters and yet is still respected/feared... and for good reason!) with the Norse pantheon is the work of sorcery not just might and power!

perhaps it as not been shown properly but imagine the MC as a new rich idiot, he now hangs around the old money but just because he as more money does not mean he will automatically be respected or if he acts a fool the other rich dudes are not going to find a way to fuck him up or even swindle him of his money! a fool and his money will soon be separated as the old saying goes! a idiot god and his mana pool might soon be cut off from each other... and if he can only use the power of his flame even if he is a god he will soon be outclassed outnumbered and outgunned!

Reactions: Real Kreten

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
I have thoughts about Thor as well. I believe Thor had to be in on the plan with the MC's father and Merlin as his 2 main actions with the MC were necessary to move the MC along his path to godhood and then to re-enforce his status at the meeting to form the Alliance of Life. Losing his hammer probably wasn't part of the plan but it has come in handy with Bella.

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes