michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
The little side events with the chosen in this recent update was quite enjoyable

But cant wait to see the main story continue

Still find myself missing out on things to complete before the game ends

Like this needs a day to day guide to min max everything so i can complete everything

Selesteen

Sep 27, 2019
I have thoughts about Thor as well. I believe Thor had to be in on the plan with the MC's father and Merlin as his 2 main actions with the MC were necessary to move the MC along his path to godhood and then to re-enforce his status at the meeting to form the Alliance of Life. Losing his hammer probably wasn't part of the plan but it has come in handy with Bella.
Val states that Torman has an unhealthy relationship with concerning "the end of the world". I would like to believe that it makes Torman think in "very strait lines" (an known issue Evokers struggle with). And as Booker keeps telling Owyn, "It is not hard to be let into a trap when people know where you will be.". In this cause the trap is a blood feud. You just have to trust sorcery to do the rest.
Also I don't think that Merlin would like an rampaging Envoker "in" on the plan, making use of one, sure why not.

Also who is charge Molly or Bella?
I can;t find Driods post, he stated somewhere it is Molly, Defiantly Molly.

Like this needs a day to day guide to min max everything so i can complete everything
There is one for Book I, Book II will be a while I guess, most likely not uittil most of Book II is done.
it is one aviable on the wiki or google drive. (see first post)

JMINATL

Aug 25, 2018
I have thoughts about Thor as well. I believe Thor had to be in on the plan with the MC's father and Merlin as his 2 main actions with the MC were necessary to move the MC along his path to godhood and then to re-enforce his status at the meeting to form the Alliance of Life. Losing his hammer probably wasn't part of the plan but it has come in handy with Bella.
I've considered that angle, it's entirely possible and I wanted to believe, but I don't think it is going to be the case.

Feels more like he's exactly as presented, an unwitting pawn of that plan and the voices; but who knows what plot twists lurk in the mind of Droid.

Also partially because I think Val's a better judge of character than that and she's known him for some time.

Reactions: Tavi13

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Nah. Let's not forget that after promising not to engage the MC again his first action upon encountering him was to try to kill him. Only the intervention of both Odin and the MC's father saved Thor's life.

We were told by Thor himself that he intended to kill the MC. Period. No question.

No need to speculate about Thor's motives. He fully explained them.

Reactions: JMINATL

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
Nah. Let's not forget that after promising not to engage the MC again his first action upon encountering him was to try to kill him. Only the intervention of both Odin and the MC's father saved Thor's life.

We were told by Thor himself that he intended to kill the MC. Period. No question.

No need to speculate about Thor's motives. He fully explained them.
But wouldn't that be required to keep the ruse up? The MC's father and brother had 1500 years to discuss Merlin's plan and knew they would need a spark to set the MC off on his path. Why else would Torman be assigned to teach the MC? It seems too convenient that the 2 events that needed to happen to the MC came from the same individual, who happens to be a hot headed god that is acting completely in character to allay suspicion, to not have been planned by Merlin.

Reactions: JMINATL

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
I kindda enjoyed when the MC took Thor his hammer from him and gave it to Bella

Pretty sure the MC would be strong enough to beat Thor one on one

But i did enjoy the MC his knight of the lake joining in that small standoff with Thor specially since Katie and the MC had a bone to pick with Thor

That atack on Dresden will be pretty epic

Imagine being the cultists and they just chilling ...Suddenly Odin and the fae gods and the MC drop down from the sky

Must be quite terrifying such a surprise lol

Also the horned god aka dad... Man how OP is he ... Just took down that massive shield like it was nothing

Gues we first get the Katie update tho before we get the real gud stuff in Dresden

JMINATL

Aug 25, 2018
CALL FOR PAPERS - GEM SETS

Are you smarter than the average bear? Prove it to everyone! You know the best way to play, the exact gem set that defeats your enemies and sees them driven before you! Tell us about it, what makes it work, what are its advantages, why is it better than the others!

Just write it up (a generic layout suggestion is below) and we'll post it in the wiki (or do it yourself, you're allowed!) and let others bask in the elemental light of your genius and up their game accordingly!

- - - - - - - - - -
Name of Gemset
Submitted by: name

Overview
Short overview of the gem set. (Think one line.)

Gem Arrangement
Which gems, where to place them.

Companion Considerations
Which companions to bring and why for best results. Particularly focusing on required companions.

Use, Advantages, Disadvantages
When to use or avoid this set. What this set does well, what it does poorly.

Variants and Adjustments
Alternative approaches, swap outs, tweaks and why you might make them.

-------

To kick this off I've done a quick write up on the easiest one - Simple Damage - for reference (feel free to suggest improvements)

1646495004587.png

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Warscared

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
Has anyone fully solved the Mac permissions issue? Because I'm going to do with this what I did for Book 1 — buy it on Steam — but I simply can't make any version of Book 2 work on a Mac. I've run the script posted here that usually fixes everything, and I've done the things in this thread, but it still won't run.

If not, I can wait for the finished release.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Has anyone fully solved the Mac permissions issue? Because I'm going to do with this what I did for Book 1 — buy it on Steam — but I simply can't make any version of Book 2 work on a Mac. I've run the script posted here that usually fixes everything, and I've done the things in this thread, but it still won't run.

If not, I can wait for the finished release.
It depends a little on the version of OSX you're running and the permissions settings you've got. Usually you'll need to do two things:

// remove the quarantine flag
xattr -rc /Users/xxx/Desktop/love_of_magic_book2

// give it execution permission
sudo chmod -R 755 /Users/xxx/Desktop/love_of_magic_book2

Having said that, if you've got the game on Steam, just enable Beta branch (no password needed), and you can play Book 2 as I build it. Once it's done I'll put it up for sale on Steam, but I wanted players to have a chance to see it as I make it.

Reactions: Real Kreten

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
That did it. Thank you so very much. My curiosity over a few things outraced my willingness to wait for the full build.

Unlike Book 1, I won't be finishing it here and then buying it later; I'll just wait until it's done/bugfixed and then buy it. And due to the way you retro-build I won't be playing it into the beta. Like I said, just an expected curiosity about a few things.

Again, thanks. And, especially, thanks for a terrific game.

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes