Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Yupp, one more event. The end of the Book is so close I can smell it, and so close I have to stop myself from rushing at it. Act X's been the hardest one to write, so far... not because it's a complex act (it's largely not), but because I can't keep my eyes off Act XI.

Having said that, this is largely Katie's show. MC gets to be awesome, but Act X will forever be "Katie's Act" in my mind... her sequences are really fun to write, and she's just a really amazing protagonist. She's far darker, more moody and more introspective, so writing her is a really nice change of pace.

It's also a chance to test out some new tech solutions, some of which I'll be needing for Act XI. I know my "cutscenes" aren't up to professional standards, but I enjoy making them, and even if they never quite matches the vision I had in my head... each time I fail a little closer to where I wanted to be.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Man i hope we can somehow love Katie as well

She is kindda left out to the side while she loves the mc

Cant wait for the next update tho
There is no doubt that the MC feels as strongly for Katie as he does for his chosen. The issue is that, at least so far, Emily has only accepted her husband's relationship with his chosen. As far as I know she hasn't granted him the same privileges with Katie. Nor has she or he acknowledged his feelings for Katie.

Big mine field here. Very big.

Reactions: michael1984

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
bunny_rears_1920_1080.png
Made another wallpaper of this one, and added it to the wallpaper collection:

Apart from that, 0.6.16 looks good. I'll be pushing it to Steam, let's see if it there's any issues raised before I push out the public build. That completes Act X, and leaves me just 12 days left in Book 2 (Act X ends day 182, book 2 ends day 194). The end is indeed neigh.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Public build's out:
KatieScary (0-00-17-16).png

Win64: - - - -
Win32: - - - -
Mac: - - - -
Linux: - - - -

Changelog

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Out of curiosity, when do you think Book 2 will launch on Steam?

I have Book One and waiting for the full chunk of two finish before jumping into it properly.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Out of curiosity, when do you think Book 2 will launch on Steam?

I have Book One and waiting for the full chunk of two finish before jumping into it properly.

I've got one more act, 12 days to go, but the steam release is likely after the summer sale (so July). First up is act x+, which expands elsewhere, then act Xi which finishes the story. Then I have all the house keeping tasks... Achievements, collectibles, trading cards, memories, etc

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I've got one more act, 12 days to go, but the steam release is likely after the summer sale (so July). First up is act x+, which expands elsewhere, then act Xi which finishes the story. Then I have all the house keeping tasks... Achievements, collectibles, trading cards, memories, etc
Awesome, July doesn't sound too bad.

I know I get to play it while it's still attached to Book 1 but it picked up on the action since Book 2 started and I found myself getting impatient between releases so figured it was safer for my sanity to wait for 2 to be completed then i'll play it all together and wait for Book 3.

That and I might be putting it off because I keep thinking Katie is going to go all Anakin Skywalker to the dark side while talking about love and grains of sand and shit. I like Katie, it would hurt if she went eeeeevil.

If memory serves this is a trilogy?

So Book 3 being the story finale so to speak.

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Katie is by far my favorite of this game ... a fiery bad ass ... loyal till the end... great drinking partner.... and wild in the bedroom so to speak ... I am so hyped that she gets her time to shine in this update.... but she did look.incredibly bad ass in Mexico as well were she took on and beat a army of zombies by herself in fiery greatness

Last edited:

bosp

Jan 3, 2018
That and I might be putting it off because I keep thinking Katie is going to go all Anakin Skywalker to the dark side while talking about love and grains of sand and shit. I like Katie, it would hurt if she went eeeeevil.
Not Katie.
She is fiercely loyal and would rather die than go against her friends and family.
Her love is making her suffer but with dignity.
Should have played Act 2 to see it firsthand.

And besides... Droid is the best and kindest dev ever, he would never do that to his fans. :)

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
Awesome, July doesn't sound too bad.

I know I get to play it while it's still attached to Book 1 but it picked up on the action since Book 2 started and I found myself getting impatient between releases so figured it was safer for my sanity to wait for 2 to be completed then i'll play it all together and wait for Book 3.

If memory serves this is a trilogy?

So Book 3 being the story finale so to speak.
You are a stronger person than I am; I keep telling myself to wait for the full Steam release to play, then promptly ignore myself as soon as there is an update. Luckily I have no problems replaying this one on a regular basis :)

I'm more worried that she will sacrifice herself rather than pulling an Anakin; she has that type of personality, and that level of love for the mc (imo anyway).

Yep; trilogy is planned.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Avaron1974

Karana

Feb 8, 2017
Oh mate, I've been looking forward to this one for a while. I'm hyped.

Droid, I've got a question if you don't mind. I've been replaying through Book 1 while I waited and I'm curious about something. Molly's introduction makes it sound like her family is powerful, or at least influential enough to secure private lessons alongside the cool kids' club with the evokers and the princess. Yet fast forward to the present and we haven't heard a peep from them despite the fact we kind of brainjacked their heir and turned her into our head cultist. Are we likely to encounter her family at some point in the future?

DonTirri

Jan 9, 2018
Droid Productions Just a quick question: Is there a way to disable poker game animations, and if not, can one be implemented?
My GFX card that has been playing the game perfectly fine until now suddenly decided it didn't like the animations of Odins and Cu's attacks against the lich. To a point of crashing. So I'm basically either unable to complete the fight or fighting handicapped.
It'd be a nice QoL-feature.

Phyceson

Oct 12, 2021
Hey I know it may have been answered but can anyone please tell how to complete "Jenny Collared" quest I am stuck on last part I bought the Crop but nothing happens when I call her next night so I get no scene

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Oh mate, I've been looking forward to this one for a while. I'm hyped.

Droid, I've got a question if you don't mind. I've been replaying through Book 1 while I waited and I'm curious about something. Molly's introduction makes it sound like her family is powerful, or at least influential enough to secure private lessons alongside the cool kids' club with the evokers and the princess. Yet fast forward to the present and we haven't heard a peep from them despite the fact we kind of brainjacked their heir and turned her into our head cultist. Are we likely to encounter her family at some point in the future?
It wouldn't really matter how influential they are now.

When he first "recruited" her they could have, maybe, stepped in and tried something.

Now he's the King of Camelot and practically a god. So their heir is now consort to a ruling god and one of the most important people in his life. She's more influential now than her family could ever be.

Correct, but tbh you might want to opt in onto the beta path if you have the Steam version of book1. It's worth it imo.
I did play a couple of updates into Book Two, up until Katie's mother tells him he'll need to do something about her feelings. I got the whole "oh noes, heel turn" vibe then.

I'm more worried that she will sacrifice herself rather than pulling an Anakin; she has that type of personality, and that level of love for the mc (imo anyway).
Not Katie.
She is fiercely loyal and would rather die than go against her friends and family.
Her love is making her suffer but with dignity.
Should have played Act 2 to see it firsthand.

And besides... Droid is the best and kindest dev ever, he would never do that to his fans. :)
My reason for thinking it is going back to the old King Arthur stories and how Lancelot was in love with Guinevere who was Arthur's wife.

With the MC being married to the Queen and in a similar position with their version of Lancelot being in love with him, made me worry she'd turn and want to take out ole Queenie.

I always get paranoid about betryals when it comes to romance and stuff.

Reactions: Tavi13

okokok

Aug 19, 2016
A minor annoyance with act 10 is you get few mornings to do side-quests in despite having quite a few that can only be done then. Would be nice if some of the shorter events at the start of the day didn't pass time

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes