Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Is anything changed with save system for Book 2?
Nothing material, no. Dunno if it's fixed itself or not; I haven't heard of that bug before.

Not being able to overwrite "Act completed" saves kinda frustrating if you made mistake during playthrough or just want to replay it. Had to use some tricks to clean Steam Cloud before replaying XD
Hmm... in general, the bug there is that it doesn't *refresh* after overwriting it. So if you load it again immediately it'll be the same file (it caches the saves because it needs the screenshots). It's on my list of stuff to fix before book 2 is done... I'll likely backport it. Having said that, the save IS overwritten, it just won't show until you reload the game.

Reactions: SomeoneX22

CHFan

Feb 25, 2019
Still not working unfortunately. Says "You do not have permission".

In the terminal, once I enter those 2 commands, it says "Password: (insert "key" imaged)"... but when I enter my password (I'm assuming for my login info on my Mac?), it says "incorrect password"

EDIT: I can't get it to work at all now. Tried a few different things, and now when I enter the 1st command, it just says "file not found".

Super frustrating.

In order to not screw up the path I drag and drop the file into Terminal.

Code:
user$ xattr -rc <drag/drop Love of Magic.app>

Reactions: anonbaggins

HSHS1111

Feb 8, 2019
Loved Katie this update. She one hot ;) ass ;) bitch!

A quick bit UI feedback: The return to the King's Dragon button in the Dojo button is overlapping with the time box at the top. Might want to move that one down a bit.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2019
At the end of Act X, the game isn't automatically generating the save file like it is supposed to. It's no big deal to me, but I wanted to bring attention to this bug since I don't think I have seen anyone else mention it yet.

anonbaggins

Mar 20, 2019
Usually it'll say on the first page (under Installation)

At the command prompt you want to type just these two command strings:
xattr -rc /Users/xxx/Desktop/love_of_magic_book2
sudo chmod -R 755 /Users/xxx/Desktop/love_of_magic_book2
where "xxx" is your username.

The xattr removes the quarantine flag (by default added whenever you download stuff off the internet on osx)
The chmod command makes it executable
I was able to use this on my Mac. I found the easiest way was to put the game on my desktop and use the strings that Droid has given.

One thing that you might be having trouble with is where the game actually is,you cannot just use the folder that is unzipped, try going into the game folder and putting the Love of Magic Book2 game start icon, into the Love of Magic Book2 folder and then moving that folder to your desktop.

The two strings have to be entered separately in Terminal and Droid has given good instructions for those. Note that you have to type them and can't copy and paste them. After the first string is entered correctly you will get your usual prompt again, then enter the second string.

If the second string is entered correctly you will get a password prompt. Type your password, note that nothing is going to show up on your screen as you type but keep typing, hit enter and all should be good. There will be no bells and whistles telling you that it now works, but you can go to Desktop and the game should open. The folder than then be moved wherever you want and it will open properly.
Finally figured out the problem - it needs ".app" at the end of each command. Works perfectly now.

dannykayeuk

May 5, 2018
My saves from the last upgread wouldn't work so I played from the start of book 2 again. The Ambassador telling Dan about the Warthogs comes after the battle in Corpus Christi.

Mar 22, 2020
It feels like I've got some quests that are either stuck or not removed upon completion, see below, I'm referring to the ones that don't have "to be continued".... I undestand those will progress in future updates
I did purchase the game on steam and played the most recent beta before Act X, so I'm not sure if that's caused the issue

1650537144664.jpeg

1650537122838.png

I've been to the Crowley multiple teams, read and chilled.
I've been hunting most places with katie/Bella and various others.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
It feels like I've got some quests that are either stuck or not removed upon completion, see below, I'm referring to the ones that don't have "to be continued".... I undestand those will progress in future updates
I did purchase the game on steam and played the most recent beta before Act X, so I'm not sure if that's caused the issue

View attachment 1768848

View attachment 1768847

I've been to the Crowley multiple teams, read and chilled.
I've been hunting most places with katie/Bella and various others.
Hmm... the beta for Act X was messier than it should have been (because of the split path). I'm changing process going foward so the Beta there doesn't get broken in the future.

Having said that, Payback, VCR and Warthog quests are all complete; In Alis Vicimus is still not done. Payback involves Dylan and the Brotherhood tracker, so make sure you've played that sequence. Neutral ground's not done yet, I wanted to write a few Crowley stories for that... I might still do it, once I'm done with the other sidequests.

Mar 22, 2020
Hmm... the beta for Act X was messier than it should have been (because of the split path). I'm changing process going foward so the Beta there doesn't get broken in the future.

Having said that, Payback, VCR and Warthog quests are all complete; In Alis Vicimus is still not done. Payback involves Dylan and the Brotherhood tracker, so make sure you've played that sequence. Neutral ground's not done yet, I wanted to write a few Crowley stories for that... I might still do it, once I'm done with the other sidequests.
Thanks, so VCR and Warthog are complete, Payback, I'm not sure in my current game. I remember the scene when I played the beta, but I don't think I've done it in the release. Is there a trigger for Payback? I've met Dylan and Xochi in the library and had Dylan in hunting party.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Thanks, so VCR and Warthog are complete, Payback, I'm not sure in my current game. I remember the scene when I played the beta, but I don't think I've done it in the release. Is there a trigger for Payback? I've met Dylan and Xochi in the library and had Dylan in hunting party.
Hmm... I wonder if the quest doesn't clear correctly; you pop Oleg during the roadtrip with Bella, Dylan and the tracker.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Is wifey supposedto be they only one to show up in Memories?
Setting up all the memories, collectibles, achievements, etc is one of the last things I'll do before the book is done. Just easier to batch that kind of thing.

Aug 5, 2017
I hope you just added the ability to switch gemsets in battle in this update, otherwise I'm going to feel remarkably stupid!

Great QOL fix, whenever it showed up. Really enjoyed the story update, going to have to replay it from the start of book2 to see if I missed anything.

Yes please, always keen to hear how to make things better. Also; which platform (and resolution) are you playing it on, and if possible i'd like a savegame folder to see what's going on : C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Droid Productions\Love of Magic
first scene of this update odin's doubled up and his animations are out of sync so his head looks distorted. Linux build 0.6.17c from here, I don't tend to play it on steam despite owning it there.
doublehead.png

A lot of quests aren't getting cleaned out when complete when playing update-by-update, might be worth throwing in some logic at the start of the next chapter to see if any weren't properly closed out.

From my quests at the end of the chapter:
probably correctly present, as they have 'to be continued':
* A Home for the chosen
* A World Apart
* Natural Born Killer

Probably should be closed out (marking these as spoilers, just in case.)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Quests I completed in this chapter did close out as expected.

Reloading at the end of this chapter goes to the last thing nimue said over a picture of an outsider, "Ok" just dismisses the text and mostly leaves you locked out. I was able to get control again by advancing time which returned me to my bedroom.

Minor design nitpick: when shifting to katie's POV owen isn't involved a lot of the time, it should return to his morning. I don't know if anyone still needs to do the paths this late in the game but it was a long string of days before owen actually had control in the morning again, most days it was evening.

I'm immortal now? I fucked up the first battle and it just took me to 1hp no matter how much I got hit. Did I hit a setting somewhere? Difficulty setting is default.

Last edited:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I hope you just added the ability to switch gemsets in battle in this update, otherwise I'm going to feel remarkably stupid!

Great QOL fix, whenever it showed up. Really enjoyed the story update, going to have to replay it from the start of book2 to see if I missed anything.
It showed up in Book 1 :)

There's a LOT of side content in Book 2, just the King's Dragon has more side-content than all of Book 1 put together. If you're taking a completionist view I recommend the Wiki, which has been kept running by amazing volunteers.

Reactions: EJW and SomeoneX22
4.60 star(s) 258 Votes