Sep 3, 2020
text to speech option in settings works fine. just turn down the music a bit because it might be louder than voices. the biggest problem for your monogamitis will be unavoidable harem... just listen to Emily and don't try to fight your destiny
oh my God thank you so much

but I thought Unity vn games

doesn't have a self-voicing option or is it just for this game

• Hey there
Reactions: Warscared

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
oh my God thank you so much

but I thought Unity vn games

doesn't have a self-voicing option or is it just for this game
Nothing is built in, but I got a request for it, so I figured it was easyish to add. If you have a number of voices installed, let me know if the character customization stuff works / is useful, I only have one male and two female voices, so it's a little hard to know if it's a desired feature, but I always assumed that someone who used it extensively would like their various waifus to sound different (and maybe add a scottish voice for Katie and Bella).

Lewdorum

Jan 5, 2019
Has anyone fully solved the Mac permissions issue? Because I'm going to do with this what I did for Book 1 — buy it on Steam — but I simply can't make any version of Book 2 work on a Mac. I've run the script posted here that usually fixes everything, and I've done the things in this thread, but it still won't run.

If not, I can wait for the finished release.
I have a simple solution for Mac users unable to open the game. As the various instructions for using the terminal to gain permission to open the game make clear, the problem lies in the MacOS folder in the game's Contents (accessible by right-clicking the game icon in the folder osx_build). Inside the MacOS folder is one file. In a working editon of the game, this is black with the letters exec in green in the left top corner; in a non-working game it is grey with no lettering. If you replace the grey file with the black one from a working game you can open the game. Drag the black file out the MacOS folder in a working copy to the desktop (hold down the option key to leave the original in place) and then open up the equivalent folder in your non-working copy and drag the file from the desktop to replace the grey file. Close up the contents and try to start the game. Yoiu may well get a message warning you the game is not recognised and giving you two buttons, one marked 'Move to Bin', the other marked 'Cancel'. Click 'Cancel' and try starting the game again. You should then get the same warning message but with a third button labelled 'Open'. The game should then load. Be warned it takes some time.

I've tried to attach the file here but cannot do so. Perhaps some other user knows how to.

CHFan

Feb 25, 2019
That seems like an overly complicated fix. My question is where one would find a working Unix executable if they can't get the one they have working.

Using Terminal is the quickest way to get these Unity games launched.

Code:
xattr -rc <path>

and

Code:
sudo chmod -R 755 <path>

For <path> just drag/drop the love_of_magic_book2.app icon on to the Terminal window. Once you've used these commands once you will be able to use the up arrow to recall the command. Just delete the <path> and drag/drop the new .app on to the Terminal and you are golden. Those two commands have tamed any app MacOS deems untrustworthy.

Reactions: Droid Productions

JMINATL

Aug 25, 2018
herm thats the story for love of magic 2 the bastards battles!
the son of a god and a sword of humanity granddaughter of a god of war (remember aiofe said keith lineage which is the same as kathie´s was good enough but not his social position...) so Eleanor and her husband Richard "the dickhead" york (hey it´s a very reputable enchanter family with many ties to sorcery) trying to keep her kingdom against the rebellious Edward keith Lancaster and his mongrels army alongside his sister Jenny the proselytizer with the support of his brother yoko uji Owen-san, Billy Ray "the yankee" Owenson and ofc his Sister-cousin Isla Belladottir!

lets hope the MC can keep his dick in check before more bastards arise...
See this supporting documentation:
https://f95zone.to/threads/love-of-magic-book-2-v0-6-17c-droid-productions.41188/post-7642892

TassiTiger68

Dec 3, 2021
I have played this game a few times & I love it , Hope to see more of the same. I would rate it 10/10. Keep up the good work .

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I have played this game a few times & I love it , Hope to see more of the same. I would rate it 10/10. Keep up the good work .
Glad you enjoyed it :)

On the Development branch of Book 1 I just finished the last scenes of Book 2. I've still got more stuff to do before I'm done (the strategy battles need to be rewritten, I'm expanding Elsewhere, and then there's all the Steam stuff and cleaning up things). But as of last night the game is playable from beginning to end.

Raksha17

Jan 23, 2018
I would love some kind of hint-system ingame to know what optional events are available and their requisits. Similar to the Quests. It feels like it is really easy to miss a lot of optinal Stuff without the Wiki as a guide.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Droid Productions

H2R

Jul 9, 2020
I haven't played in a while cause I forgot the name of this game, after months of searching I've finally found it again! I have a question is sarah a Harem member? I always like her design so I hope she is a LI

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I haven't played in a while cause I forgot the name of this game, after months of searching I've finally found it again! I have a question is sarah a Harem member? I always like her design so I hope she is a LI
Errrr.... No, not exactly. Sorry.

Reactions: Tavi13
4.60 star(s) 258 Votes