Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
I have a simple solution for Mac users unable to open the game.
While I thank you, Droid's fixes worked well. Were I to offer them to the general public, I'd teach them ls/cd commands to get to the actual directories and then apply the fixes there, because not doing so leads to problems.

Reactions: Droid Productions

Habequiddum

Mar 13, 2018
I haven't moved onto the stage where I give Jenny the second Black Rose. While I do have it on me and I've been in the coffee shop at night, I've deliberately not moved that story line forward as I didn't want to leave her in a state of crazy just for more sex. Yet, when I visited the Private Library, Olivia told me about a girl on the Royal Mile talking about her new religion. It didn't explicitly say her name or move the "A perfect Black Rose" quest forward.

Is that normal?

Habequiddum

Mar 13, 2018
Also, the conversation with Matthew the Swordmaster. "You feel the power washing through you, filling you up. The lights around you pick up the bright halo of near terminal caffeine poisoning." Is "caffeine poisoning" a reference to something? How much time spent in the coffee shop reading, perhaps? It seems random and doesn't flow from the rest of the dialogue.

Not a big deal and I know you don't want to keep touching Book 1 or you'll never get Book 3 done. But I'm mentioning this just in case.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Is "caffeine poisoning" a reference to something? How much time spent in the coffee shop reading, perhaps?
If you have way too much caffeine the world gets kinda shiny and glowy, lights acquire a halo. It fits in with other themes in the book, like his fascination with Jenny and the cafe.

I haven't moved onto the stage where I give Jenny the second Black Rose. While I do have it on me and I've been in the coffee shop at night, I've deliberately not moved that story line forward as I didn't want to leave her in a state of crazy just for more sex. Yet, when I visited the Private Library, Olivia told me about a girl on the Royal Mile talking about her new religion. It didn't explicitly say her name or move the "A perfect Black Rose" quest forward.

Is that normal?
Normal, yeah; it'll trigger past a certain day if you've done BR1. Having said that, the final part of Black Rose won't trigger until after you give her the second rose.

I totally recommend doing BR2/3 before starting book 2, since you need to have completed them before Book 2 to unlock Jenny's new sequence there.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Warscared

SomeoneX22

Dec 1, 2017
Completed Book 2. Ending felt kinda rushed, unlike Book 1.
Many quests dosen't properly end, like I had 7 unfinished:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Combat system turned into rudimentary unbalanced grind, you don't have incentive to "explore" elsewhere anymore, because stats and money you had from Book 1 already sufficient for everything.
Nevertheless, I enjoyed it a lot, and Droid Productions made a good job of expanding on number of things to do during gameplay. It just could use a lot of polish to match the ambition. Quality over quantity etc instead of 50+ achievements and 25 card backs.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Combat system turned into rudimentary unbalanced grind, you don't have incentive to "explore" elsewhere anymore, because stats and money you had from Book 1 already sufficient for everything.
Nevertheless, I enjoyed it a lot, and Droid Productions made a good job of expanding on number of things to do during gameplay. It just could use a lot of polish to match the ambition. Quality over quantity etc instead of 50+ achievements and 25 card backs.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Just to add to that, there are now three branches on Steam
1. Default. For the Normie that wants just what they paid for.
2. Beta. It used to be used for "in development" content, but as more and more casual players played it (to get at Book 2 content), they got halfway through content, then got confused, I made it similar to the Public Build; once content is DONE(ish) I promote it to Beta.
3. Development. The game as I develop it. May have bugs. May eat your savegame. Bad things happen in the development branch. Please , so I can tell you what they are.

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
then your MC is a weak ass rudimentary dude!

book 1 is to hone your stats, by the end of book 2 all your stats should be massive with strength and intelligence over 200 charisma at 180 give or take swordsmanship at over 60!

that is only achievable if in book 1 you sparred with Kathie everyday read all the books and trained with the sword everyday the swordsmanship and sparring with Kathie you can do in the same time period if memory serves me right!

before it was even easier to get the swordsmanship up but droid cut that stuff down and now during the exploration you can get 1 s/i/c and 1 swordsmanship per hunting trip! while before you could basically do 21 runs of swordsmanship per hunt...

basic book 1 for stats: get your 3 stats above 10 as fast as possible and facial mommy for moneys!
- Kathie sparring once a day combined with swordsmanship when it appears later in the game!
- read books in the afternoon
- practice in the gym
- night go out for drinks you get 1 point in out of roughly 4-5 interactions or practice in the gym (not sure if you can do it at night)
- shower for charisma early on (looses afectiveness after the 1st days)

wait to get Bella and your 1st power surge before going out hunting and look for the treasure hunts to gather the black rose and up those ingredients to 50 for the diamond gem (bella because you get 18 free searches instead of just 15)

this way you can read faster since you can now read twice a day in the afternoon and at night!

and i went to have lunch and that scrambled my train of thought so i will end now

Brother Lui

Jan 15, 2019
As I understand and have viewed Droid as all the writers and the people who try to give shape on an ongoing imagination and finishes what in his mind the characters are saying to him. I believe all writers have a bug in their brain making them illusionary talking with their characters at least I had this bug. So right now in Book 2 the main arc of the story and how we see it is almost done but few things will be added and finished in the near future. From my view in the end Book 2 will become as Book 1 hunting for several bugs which try to avoid detection. It is a logical procedure I believe when you try to make the best with what you know or learn in the process. It isn't a ready scenario to be transferred in a movie, more is on going development. As he did in Book 1 in the end took care with everything that wasn't finished. Our mind is which determines what we are ready either to wright or add it in photos or movies, and because of the inspirations some times we make first the one or the other.

But that really doesn't matter, if you aren't a reporter you will never ask a producer how he has done his work or what steps he took. The result of Book 2 will be ready soon(ish) and I believe it is a great Masterpiece. If this was an open RPG game would be one of the best and still as VN it is one of the best at least for me. There aren't so many games even from 3A companies that build so much on characters and make you cry neither movies. This game has the potential as I believe for crowd funding and transferred in an RPG world. Here there are some great games with great stories which have many potentials Love of Magic is one of them perhaps the only in the medieval myth path story (Arthurian Legacy).

In the feelings that this game have produced to me is above Witcher 3 and I believe Witcher 3 is one of the best games in the history. Sure many people will have different opinions, This is mine.

SomeoneX22

Dec 1, 2017
then your MC is a weak ass rudimentary dude!
Unbalanced in terms of easy and boring. I had 150+ str, 70+ int, and 100+ chr. And all of it dosen't matter because you just spam "hammer time", "katie's fireball" and "ability refresh" to do 5000+ dmg per turn killing everyting before fight even started.
Poker, gems is all useless at this point.

Outsider fight is cookie clicker on X shield and poison doubler.
Changing difficulty dosen't make fights any more strategic, just more ability clicking.

"swordsmanship at over 60" that's cute with it being hard capped at 30 and 1500 dmg. You really must love spending time with Matthew, I guess....

Reactions: sadfasdsfsfdsfds

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
Unbalanced in terms of easy and boring. I had 150+ str, 70+ int, and 100+ chr. And all of it dosen't matter because you just spam "hammer time", "katie's fireball" and "ability refresh" to do 5000+ dmg per turn killing everyting before fight even started.
Poker, gems is all useless at this point.

Outsider fight is cookie clicker on X shield and poison doubler.
Changing difficulty dosen't make fights any more strategic, just more ability clicking.

"swordsmanship at over 60" that's cute with it being hard capped at 30 and 1500 dmg. You really must love spending time with Matthew, I guess....
hey he as nice ass! besides hard capped? in one of my saves i have 68!

anyway just pointing out how you can get stronger no need to get aggressive!

as for your approach you should take akane with you that way you can pick the strongest opponents instead of wasting time with demons who give you no exp!

Akane once she turns into a Ninja can also heal you and give you rage so she is the most OP of your companions in any hunt!

Reactions: Real Kreten

SomeoneX22

Dec 1, 2017
Akane once she turns into a Ninja can also heal you and give you rage so she is the most OP of your companions in any hunt!
I played with rage build in Book 1, but for Book 2 there is no reason to build rage. Inner Peace gem is a joke giving you less shield, than Shield9. Status effects doubling is op, but you don't really need to use them too. Game just never give you worthy opponents.
In ACTXI ending there is 0 combats, all story fights hard scripted and you can't even lose them.
So many things is wrong with stats checks and combats, that it probably should be scraped all together, to not confuse players into grinding numbers they won't need.

besides hard capped? in one of my saves i have 68!
Hard capped in RPG means no gain from investing futher in stat.
At 30 your dmg rises from 1000 to 1500, that's it.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Some people grind and *want* hard fights. Some people don't grind at all. As a dev I try to cater to both.

That means I put the harder fights in optional content, and increasingly either script or make the story fights completely avoidable, because some people have all stats > 100, and some have stats in the 40s.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017

I ended up quite happy how this little cutscene (inspired by a sequence from Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation) turned out, so I decided to do a shot breakdown for anyone interested in a behind the scene view.

s now in the Steam review queue. I don't *think* I have anything weird and wacky in it that's likely to draw the Eye of Sauron to it (no age sliders, loli content, etc), so hopefully that'll go smoothly. I've got one more scene to write, and then it's test, test, test :)

EJW

Jul 13, 2018

I ended up quite happy how this little cutscene (inspired by a sequence from Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation) turned out, so I decided to do a shot breakdown for anyone interested in a behind the scene view.

s now in the Steam review queue. I don't *think* I have anything weird and wacky in it that's likely to draw the Eye of Sauron to it (no age sliders, loli content, etc), so hopefully that'll go smoothly. I've got one more scene to write, and then it's test, test, test :)
Thanks for sharing. That was awesome! I wish I could learn that. I'm to old to now.

Garybaldi

Jun 6, 2021
Hi everyone - need some help as I'm on book 1 day 53 and don't seem able to move the rose quest forward, I go for coffee and Jenny calls me Xir but nothing else, I read the art of domination book every time but nothing changes - same with the book lady she never gives me anything - I ask for something spicier but she always yes and then says oh no come back later. I'm using the day by day walkthrough and everything else seems ok but not thins side quest with Jenny

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Hi everyone - need some help as I'm on book 1 day 53 and don't seem able to move the rose quest forward, I go for coffee and Jenny calls me Xir but nothing else, I read the art of domination book every time but nothing changes - same with the book lady she never gives me anything - I ask for something spicier but she always yes and then says oh no come back later. I'm using the day by day walkthrough and everything else seems ok but not thins side quest with Jenny
At a guess you've not gotten the Black Rose from Elsewhere yet?

Garybaldi

Jun 6, 2021
Ahhh right - no if its not in the walkthrough I haven't done things in elsewhere - thanks I'll get on it.

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes